Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
While Braun's motives may have only been to figure out how to put out yet another PED Fire, I think his statement adds great authority to the ledger Bosch kept. By admitting he belonged in that ledger for one reason or another, all of the other names in it begin to look that much more guilty ...
This^. He just lent major credibility to the list. Everyone else, no matter if you believe them or not, has denied knowing this guy or anything about biogenesis. Nice job, Ryan.

Signal_fifty, who reads every thread lobo_hacker posts in just to read the post script
signal_fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I couldn't care less. They could all inject straight rocket fuel for all I care.
Fully agreed
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #53 (permalink)

"Former Yankees prospect Jesus Montero, now with the Seattle Mariners, linked to Anthony Bosch and performance-enhancing drugs"

A-Rod, Montero, Cervelli...hm.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Wouldn't surprise me if other players knew A-Rod was taking stuff that they would ask him about it or for more info. To this point though Cervelli and Montero are just names written down with nothing about PED's mentioned. So it's possible they were just in the getting information phase and not actually using anything yet or they could have. But I think it's kinda irresponsible to throw their names out there along with these other guys we know for a fact were.

A-Rod - We know he used at some point

B. Colon - Busted and suspended

Braun - Got off on a technicality but never denied anything only that the process was flawed.
yankee_pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #55 (permalink)

Danny Valencia is on the list too. Of course he denies it and makes a statement that you know he didn't write. I guess Bosch just picked names out of a hat and wrote them in his book

Report: Orioles' Danny Valencia linked to alleged Miami-area PED clinic - Baltimore Sun
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee_pride View Post
. But I think it's kinda irresponsible to throw their names out there along with these other guys we know for a fact were.
Irresponsible because it's Yankees we're talking about? You had no problem placing Albert Pujols alongside Braun on your 'crash and burn' list.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

I said those were 2 names I'd care about never said Pujols was guilty of anything although you never know.

And it's not because they are Yankees heck Montero isn't even with the Yankees anymore hasn't been for 2 years now and Cervelli isn't exactly Joe Mauer.

At first it was just names that had PED links within the documents now they are just throwing every name they can find whether there is a direct connection to PED's or not. And that is irresponsible regardless what team you play for.

Braun again failed a test and he never denied that he didn't. He argued the chain of command for handling the sample was flawed he never argued the results. So even without direct connection within the documents he can be lumped in with the rest of the juicers on that fact alone.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Braun again failed a test and he never denied that he didn't. He argued the chain of command for handling the sample was flawed he never argued the results. So even without direct connection within the documents he can be lumped in with the rest of the juicers on that fact alone.
That first sentence reads awkwardly but I presume you mean he never denied taking PEDs. He did deny it though, quite vehemently. He may not have used it as his defence at his appeal but, ultimately, he didn't need to.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

No I mean MLB did a secondary test on the sample and he failed that's why he never argued that the results were wrong because he knew he had no defense. The only thing he could argue was that the chain of command when it came to handling the sample in a timely manner was flawed. He was as cold busted as they could get from a failed test standpoint.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
No I mean MLB did a secondary test on the sample and he failed that's why he never argued that the results were wrong because he knew he had no defense. The only thing he could argue was that the chain of command when it came to handling the sample in a timely manner was flawed. He was as cold busted as they could get from a failed test standpoint.
The secondary test was from the same first sample. The second sample from braun came back clean.
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #61 (permalink)

How is anyone surprised by this. Braun is guitly, A-rod is guilty, Pujols is guilty, Bonds is guilty. Ken Griffey Jr is guily, Cal Ripken Jr is guilty, Rickey Henderson is guilty, Mariano Rivera is guilty. Why can't people just accept that these guys are all PED users. I am not even going to call them cheaters anymore becouse if everyone is doing it then how is that cheating? But, who cares? Actually, scratch that, I have a better idea. Lets spend millions upon millions of dollars durung a fiscally challenged time in our country and use tax payers money to go after and try and prosecute these guys. Thats sounds like an excellent idea doesn't it?
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #62 (permalink)

Because everyone has a binkie that they would die for.

It amazes me that there are still people out there that think ALL professional athletes don't use SOMETHING. Talk about naive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
How is anyone surprised by this. Braun is guitly, A-rod is guilty, Pujols is guilty, Bonds is guilty. Ken Griffey Jr is guily, Cal Ripken Jr is guilty, Rickey Henderson is guilty, Mariano Rivera is guilty. Why can't people just accept that these guys are all PED users. I am not even going to call them cheaters anymore becouse if everyone is doing it then how is that cheating? But, who cares? Actually, scratch that, I have a better idea. Lets spend millions upon millions of dollars durung a fiscally challenged time in our country and use tax payers money to go after and try and prosecute these guys. Thats sounds like an excellent idea doesn't it?
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
The secondary test was from the same first sample. The second sample from braun came back clean.
Well of course it came back clean. Once he knew it was coming its not that hard to circumvent the process.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Add Tigers SS Peralta to the list

Quote:
DETROIT (AP) -- Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta says he has never used performance-enhancing drugs after his name was reportedly found in the records of the man who ran a Florida clinic being investigated by Major League Baseball.

SI.com, citing unidentified sources, reports Peralta was listed in the records of Anthony Bosch, who operated the now-closed anti-aging clinic. Peralta says through attorney Barry Boss that he's never used PEDs - ''and anyone who says otherwise is lying.''
According to the SI.com report, Peralta was not directly tied to PEDs in the records.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #66 (permalink)

I got the notification that A-Rod was on additional documents as well.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #67 (permalink)

http://12bizzles.imgur.com/
12bizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #68 (permalink)

Wheres that clown who used to pimp/sell his "aroid" tshirts around here who was a huge braun fan? I wonder if he is making a braun tshirt or has he dug his head in the sand.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

That chicken scratch alone of a note doesn't prove anything, as a Braun and Brewer fan, I don't care if he juiced way back when, MLB can't prove a damn thing based on these notes that are all of a sudden showing up, and Bud is going to suspend his hometown guy
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #70 (permalink)

First impression of thread based off the title, Someone needs to learn grammar.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

"Without official documents like shipping receipts or sworn testimony about Bosch's business records, MLB would not be able to suspend players under its drug policy."
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #72 (permalink)

All the athletes used some sort of banned substance, hell the list of banned substances are so broad that some of the players might actually not know they are taking a banned substance.

Ken griffey Jr is tricky as he never really changed his game and was always injured later in his career. Steroids could have strengthened him and stopped the injuries, but Griffey was always injured it seemed, so he prob. never took any. I think if Griffey took roids, he wouldn't have been on the DL as much. Thus I honestly think it's possible that Griffey was actually clean.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #73 (permalink)

Braun never used steroids, OJ never killed his GF, Casey anthony never killed her daughter.

It's not what you know it's what you can prove in court!!! lol OOOOOOOOO our justice system
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
That chicken scratch alone of a note doesn't prove anything, as a Braun and Brewer fan, I don't care if he juiced way back when, MLB can't prove a damn thing based on these notes that are all of a sudden showing up, and Bud is going to suspend his hometown guy

you know you can almost replace Braun and Brewer with Bonds and Giants for this statement to still mean the same
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
Well, he failed a test that he only got off on because of a technicality....