Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Has Miguel Cabrera and/or Albert Pujols used steroids before?
Both players are clean 41 24.55%
Both players have used steroids 78 46.71%
Cabrera used but Pujols has not 24 14.37%
Pujols used but Cabrera has not 24 14.37%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

As a guy who still prefers to believe Ryan Braun is clean my vote goes to these two both being clean.

However, these two along with Justin Verlander are the guys at the top of my list of players that wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did use PEDs.

Last edited by Ziveus101; 02-07-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Ziveus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

I am just glad to see that the majority finally realize that these guys are probably guilty. Had this poll been taken a couple of years ago people would be screaming and ranting about Pujols innocence. If we have learned anything over the years is that most all these guys have used PED's. I would venture to say that I believe the usage in MLB is probably closer to 90% than it is to 80%.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Pujols has probably been using since the time he was a teen in the mid 1980s.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

i think over 75% of the MLB has taken steroids.

.271 AVG 4 HR 47 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
As a guy who still prefers to believe Ryan Braun is clean my vote goes to these two both being clean.

However, these two along with Justin Verlander are the guys at the top of my list of players that wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did use PEDs.
Verlander? Why do you say him?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:

Just curious...why Verlander?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Cuz he hates the Tigers. That's the only reason.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Verlander doesn't need PEDS to be a beast, he's just naturally incredible
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Obviously, I am bias on this, but a guy who chooses to believe Braun is clean brings up Verlander out of the blue? Seems like a bit of a red herring to me...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
Verlander? Why do you say him?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Cuz he hates the Tigers. That's the only reason.
TBH, that might've been a factor.
But for the most part I was curious to see how most people would react if I suddenly brought up someone like Verlander.
As of right now nearly half of everyone who voted on this poll thinks that both Pujols & Miggy have done PEDs. Okay, so if that's what they think of the best hitters in the bigs, what about the best pitcher?

In retrospect, at the risk of looking like I'm making a huge contradiction, I probably should've made a separate thread to see people's reactions rather than kinda hijack this one.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I don't see another option that says I do not know because I do not have any valid evidence to go off of and accusing anyone is kind of silly.
+1..............Until baseball has a system of drug testing that is similar to the UCI, which is responsible for exposing the most notorious doper ever (Lance Armstrong), there will be a lot of players getting away with it. The UCI's system of testing forced Lance Armstrong into retiring for good being he could not circumvent the results. Baseball and it's history has always been a game of numbers. I, for one, do not want to see any genetic enhancements into the game. Play the game as a borrowed ladder, if it is a game that you truly love. A lot of modern players seem to think the ends justify the means and think that because they collect huge sums of money that they are above committing fraud onto the game. Now until a player in today's game test positive, you can not say for sure if they use. I do want the testing to be tougher. I think the game, players and fans deserve it. A lot of people look at photos of players when they first start in MLB and then look at a playe'rs current size. That is just silly. This young players in their early 20's mature and grow into their frames. Also, not to mention, when you are playing ball at lower levels you do not have the medical, nutritionist and other health professionals that are the best in the business like you do when you play in MLB. The trainers and the playe'rs surroundings are a lot different at the higher level.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
TBH, that might've been a factor.
But for the most part I was curious to see how most people would react if I suddenly brought up someone like Verlander.
As of right now nearly half of everyone who voted on this poll thinks that both Pujols & Miggy have done PEDs. Okay, so if that's what they think of the best hitters in the bigs, what about the best pitcher?

In retrospect, at the risk of looking like I'm making a huge contradiction, I probably should've made a separate thread to see people's reactions rather than kinda hijack this one.
I always think of ped's users as at least a little buff or puffy. Verlander is kinda scrawny so he doesn't fit the physical profile to me.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

Miggys number are consistent though and he will get bigger throughout from his rookie year, id say hes clean. But being my favorite player my opinion may be a lil biased.
detroitlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I think all humans should be on HGH... may extend lives as much as 50 years.. that being said I think 80% of athletes are on some form of it now.. so yes (not steroids though, those are ancient by now)
I worked with doctors and I had this conversation with them. They told me that the drug "could be" a miracle drug but since it is newer it could also cause brain tumors. The long term affects are not known. Why is it your belief that all should be on it?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #40 (permalink)

pujols hit 37 hrs his rookie season hes a BEAST one of baseballs greatest hitters! unless he was juicing up back when he was a rookie! but i really doubt it and hope not!
og_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadaver View Post
I worked with doctors and I had this conversation with them. They told me that the drug "could be" a miracle drug but since it is newer it could also cause brain tumors. The long term affects are not known. Why is it your belief that all should be on it?
Just another meaningless IMacian theory
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

I would have to say no. They've been great for years until linked to something. But for guys like Bautista and Encarnacion who came out from nowhere, is suspicious. But baseball is all messed up right now with the steroid era.
tingyangs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingyangs6 View Post
I would have to say no. They've been great for years until linked to something. But for guys like Bautista and Encarnacion who came out from nowhere, is suspicious. But baseball is all messed up right now with the steroid era.
bautista hell yea season 2009-2010 hitting 55 hrs then the next season around 45 he definitely used peds smh! same with encarnacion last season.
og_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by og_monster View Post
pujols hit 37 hrs his rookie season hes a BEAST one of baseballs greatest hitters! unless he was juicing up back when he was a rookie! but i really doubt it and hope not!
Yeah ok. Mcgwire hit 49 in his rookie season but he never juiced either in his career.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Pujols for sure, he looked like Barry Jr. for a while and I think Cabrera probably uses something, HGH? Deer Antler Spray? I pretty much assume all players use something now.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #46 (permalink)

I do believe that if Pujols was found to have juiced that may be the last nail in the coffin for baseball. People despise Barry Bonds because of the steroids, but they also already hated him. He isn't exactly the most likeable guy on earth to begin with. But Pujols is a totally different animal. He keeps quiet and to himself and doesn't get into any trouble. From all appearances he plays the game the right way. I hope he hasn't juiced but nothing suprises me anymore.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I do believe that if Pujols was found to have juiced that may be the last nail in the coffin for baseball. People despise Barry Bonds because of the steroids, but they also already hated him. He isn't exactly the most likeable guy on earth to begin with. But Pujols is a totally different animal. He keeps quiet and to himself and doesn't get into any trouble. From all appearances he plays the game the right way. I hope he hasn't juiced but nothing suprises me anymore.
I agree. Pujols popping may actually 'legitimize' steroids. It is easy to hate Barry and throw dirt. Pujols is a good guy in the clubhouse, at home and in the community. If someone like him is caught I think the majority of fans would if they haven't already, just yawn. I think most are resigned to the fact that most players are on something so lets just play. I'm slowly going that way myself. The records are already ruined and that was my big complaint against ped's. Bring on the 15-14 contests. Chicks dig the longball and I might as well get on board too.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote