Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card

I know a bit about these cards but am interested to know what others know or think about these cards.

There hasn't been any mention of these cards from either Topps or Beckett that I know of yet.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras1a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras2a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras3a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras4a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras5a.jpg  

2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras6a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras7a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras8a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras9a.jpg   2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error Card-taveras10a.jpg  

davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85GoCards View Post
Send them to me and I'll have Oscar sign them with a good sharpie so they'll all be 10 BGS autos. I'll also do color variations and they will all be Topps certified.
I am trying to get them autographed in red and certified with BGS in some special way.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,501
Default

pretty sure mike c has some of these
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 454
Default

Seriously man can we get a mod to make it stop? So tired of this guy's shady crap being discusses for weeks on end. Get a real job and buy the correct versions of the cards instead of going to the dollar store(error card hunting) and trying to turn a profit.
MVPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,504
Default

I think what you are trying to do is really pathetic and sad.
uberfatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

So it seems so far no one is concerned Topps made such a huge error, again.

Perhaps this is why Topps gets away with what they do. No one seems to care and all they want to do is find fault with everyone else.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 5,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
So it seems so far no one is concerned Topps made such a huge error, again.

Perhaps this is why Topps gets away with what they do. No one seems to care and all they want to do is find fault with everyone else.
What mistake did Topps make? Any idiot can wipe the auto off of those cards. It is so simple, even Wilson Valdez could do it. Unless you pulled those from packs yourself, you have no way of knowing for sure if Topps made a mistake or someone simply wiped the autos and sold them as "error" cards.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
So it seems so far no one is concerned Topps made such a huge error, again.

Perhaps this is why Topps gets away with what they do. No one seems to care and all they want to do is find fault with everyone else.
Why should we be concerned? We can rely on you to buy all their/our error cards for your own shady needs.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
GO TIGERS!!
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 11,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
So it seems so far no one is concerned Topps made such a huge error, again.

Perhaps this is why Topps gets away with what they do. No one seems to care and all they want to do is find fault with everyone else.
This is in no way the same situation as your fake 1/1.

These cards were made this year. I know of numerous people that pulled cards missing autos of him and other players this year, sent them back to Topps, and got an autographed version back to replace it. It seems at this point you are just trying your hardest to make Topps look bad. If these were 2010 cards, then it would be too late, but they aren't, they are 2012, and are eligible to be replaced until 2013 Bowman comes out in May.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
910 cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
What mistake did Topps make? Any idiot can wipe the auto off of those cards. It is so simple, even Wilson Valdez could do it. Unless you pulled those from packs yourself, you have no way of knowing for sure if Topps made a mistake or someone simply wiped the autos and sold them as "error" cards.
I am unsure you would be able to wipe an autograph off a card without leaving some damage to the card.

These are 100% authentic legit error cards.

Had Topps been honest about this there would have been a press release months ago about the widespread error and their commitment to fix it.

Had Beckett been doing their job they would have reported about these and they would be listed in the price guide.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 5,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I am unsure you would be able to wipe an autograph off a card without leaving some damage to the card.

These are 100% authentic legit error cards.

Had Topps been honest about this there would have been a press release months ago about the widespread error and their commitment to fix it.

Had Beckett been doing their job they would have reported about these and they would be listed in the price guide.
I'm 100% sure you can wipe the auto without damaging the card. I'm also 100% sure you do not know what you're talking about.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'm 100% sure you can wipe the auto without damaging the card. I'm also 100% sure you do not know what you're talking about.
Can you please provide more details about this. I find it hard to believe that you can wipe an autograph from a card without leaving any trace or damages to the card.

If this is indeed possible Topps just has one more huge problem on their hands.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Can you please provide more details about this. I find it hard to believe that you can wipe an autograph from a card without leaving any trace or damages to the card.

If this is indeed possible Topps just has one more huge problem on their hands.
Yeah they should make cards out of stone and then have players use a hammer and chisel to sign their name.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
GO TIGERS!!
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,270
Default

The sale thread from last night:
10 - 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras

So, how did you acquire them?
__________________
"You clearly donít know who youíre talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
No! I am the one who knocks!"
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 5,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Can you please provide more details about this. I find it hard to believe that you can wipe an autograph from a card without leaving any trace or damages to the card.

If this is indeed possible Topps just has one more huge problem on their hands.
With all "chrome" cards, rubbing alcohol and a bit of elbow grease can be used to remove the ink from the card. It isn't just a Topps "problem." The card companies are as responsible for people wiping autos as people trimming cards, swapping patches, or adding unauthorized autos to cards they produced. It is pretty simple - the lion's share of the blame for such actions falls upon the unscrupulous people in this hobby, not the card companies.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
The sale thread from last night:
10 - 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras

So, how did you acquire them?

Well as some of you know I collect errors. I bought one of these quite awhile back to add to the errors I do have. Then another one popped up so I bought it too. Then another and another and another. So I started to gather information about them. What regions they were coming from and what packs they were being pulled from.

I contacted Topps about them but have not gotten a reply. I have also contacted the Cardinals team but again have not gotten a reply.

Originally I reached out to Topps once I found out this was such a widespread issue and offered what I thought was a fantastic solution. I thought Topps could put the message out to collectors who had these that there was a mistake and that they were working on finding out what happened to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I thought an excellent way to handle it would be to offer anyone who had one to send them in and they would get them signed by Mr. Taveras with a special color ink, like say red ink, and send them back to the collectors. They could have even taken it a step further and had each card authenticated and slabbed by BGS with special Topps label or something.

This would have required a bit of work on Topps part but seeing he is a very popular player and it was such a widspread problem I though it would show they cared and were trying to make things better.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
91Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Can you please provide more details about this. I find it hard to believe that you can wipe an autograph from a card without leaving any trace or damages to the card.

If this is indeed possible Topps just has one more huge problem on their hands.
An organic solvent such as methanol would easily wipe an auto off a chrome card without making any damage. I probably shouldn't even have told you that, but I feel it is the proper time since you are trying to make the case that these can't be faked. Why someone would want to do this I have no clue. Clearly, those cards would be worth just as much if not more with the auto. Personally, I think it would be disgraceful to engage in such shady behavior/tactics.
__________________
I am looking for the 2013 Topps Chrome James Shields Super
PMs are the best way to contact me about cards in my threads
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
An organic solvent such as methanol would easily wipe an auto off a chrome card without making any damage. I probably shouldn't even have told you that, but I feel it is the proper time since you are trying to make the case that these can't be faked. Why someone would want to do this I have no clue. Clearly, those cards would be worth just as much if not more with the auto. Personally, I think it would be disgraceful to engage in such shady behavior/tactics.

Well this will be my next questions to Topps.

Like I said if this is true it is a huge problem for them.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
91Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 981
Default

I don't think it is a big problem. People just shouldn't buy these cards because there is a strong likelihood that they are fake.
__________________
I am looking for the 2013 Topps Chrome James Shields Super
PMs are the best way to contact me about cards in my threads
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Craiggysanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Vermont
Posts: 3,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I am unsure you would be able to wipe an autograph off a card without leaving some damage to the card.

These are 100% authentic legit error cards.

Had Topps been honest about this there would have been a press release months ago about the widespread error and their commitment to fix it.

Had Beckett been doing their job they would have reported about these and they would be listed in the price guide.
with auto....


with 5 seconds of rubbing with nail polish remover..... no damage......


I would say, leave the subject alone. before someone actually buys and gets you for fraud.
Craiggysanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
stinkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 2,747
Default

^^^^ This.

My favorite type of Mad Lib.
__________________
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/stinkus
Please don't ever ask me for my "best price" on something. It's already been posted. MAKE. AN. OFFER. Tell me if you live outside the US.
stinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiggysanford View Post


I would say, leave the subject alone. before someone actually buys and gets you for fraud.
Looks like my Mulvey collection just got that much more valuable ...!
__________________
Seattle Mariners to win the WS - 30:1
NeedChapmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
91Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiggysanford View Post
with auto....

with 5 seconds of rubbing with nail polish remover..... no damage......


I would say, leave the subject alone. before someone actually buys and gets you for fraud.
Would you be willing to let go of that error card? I know they are very rare, and I'm extremely interested in it for my PC.
__________________
I am looking for the 2013 Topps Chrome James Shields Super
PMs are the best way to contact me about cards in my threads

Last edited by 91Braves; 02-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
thewild3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,114
Default

Here's what really happened on how OP got 10 of these. He probably bought a few of these (auto version) awhile back when they were going for around $50-60. The first few legit missing auto version where going for more than the auto'd version back then, so he figured he make a killing by rubbing the autos off. As more and more of these appeared he lost out on the hype. Now he's trying to make a big fuss about it with Topps so that they could replace them with auto versions. Topps probably told him to go pound sand, because he has no proof that he pulled them from packs (receipt/wrappers/upc). Now he's stuck with a bunch of cards that could of sold for more hadnt he rubbed off the autos.
__________________
If you got time to sell cards, then make time to ship them out in a timely manner!!!!!!
thewild3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild3 View Post
Here's what really happened on how OP got 10 of these. He probably bought a few of these (auto version) awhile back when they were going for around $50-60. The first few legit missing auto version where going for more than the auto'd version back then, so he figured he make a killing by rubbing the autos off. As more and more of these appeared he lost out on the hype. Now he's trying to make a big fuss about it with Topps so that they could replace them with auto versions. Topps probably told him to go pound sand, because he has no proof that he pulled them from packs (receipt/wrappers/upc). Now he's stuck with a bunch of cards that could of sold for more hadnt he rubbed off the autos.


This is false.
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.