Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Irritating Ebay ordeal

I purchased a Gerrit Cole Bowman Chrome blue auto on Feb 7th for BIN $104.99. It finally came today and it's a different card. The auction listed the serial # as 98/150. The card I received is 149/150. It is a bit more off center than the picture in the auction and has 4-5 LARGE surface scratches.

I contacted the seller and he flat out lied to me and told me that the auction had the wrong serial number but the scan is correct. He said the you can't see the surface from the scan. It's clearly not the same card. As I said, the centering is worse and the auto is different. It's actually very obvious.

I told him I wanted a refund and his reply was, "Sure I'll refund you. I actually just sold the same card for $150 last week so I'd be happy to get it back."

That's infuriating to me! I have to go through the hassle of waiting 9 days to receive it, ship it back to him, wait even longer for a refund and this clown is gonna be rewarded for his deceitful auction because he'll just sell it for more than I bought it for. Other than the negative, which is a given, I wish there were some way to punish him for being such a crappy seller.

I hate Ebay. Rant over.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/DSizzle31/library/?sort=4&page=1
DSizzle31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

if he can sell it for 150 why dont you keep it and sell for 150? make $$ and dont have to deal with this hassle
detroitlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlions View Post
if he can sell it for 150 why dont you keep it and sell for 150? make $$ and dont have to deal with this hassle
Cause this guy is not a liar and doesnt sell people cards that are ruined and off center
Pending Deals:
Ivanrf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanrf1 View Post
Cause this guy is not a liar and doesnt sell people cards that are ruined and off center
Yeah, I try to be more honest. I would have to disclose the info about the surface. This seller obviously doesn't care and just hopes he gets a buyer who won't complain, which he probably will.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlions View Post
Probably because if he lists it honestly, the way it should have been listed when he purchased it, it will not fetch $150.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

File a Item not as described case against him and it'll be a double hurt to his account. Escalate it to a claim & call ebay. they will decide upon it in minutes. Usually in your favor if you can prove to them the seller sent you the wrong card.

Practical bait & switch there.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quick update and question on this.

I returned the card and he refunded me. I still am going to leave a negative for the bait and switch.

He just opened a case to cancel the transaction. I'm assuming he is doing this to recoup his final value fees. My question is, if I accept his request to cancel the transaction, can I still leave a feedback? If not, should I deny his request to cancel the transaction even though he refunded me?

Thanks

Dan

Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSizzle31 View Post
Quick update and question on this.

I returned the card and he refunded me. I still am going to leave a negative for the bait and switch.

He just opened a case to cancel the transaction. I'm assuming he is doing this to recoup his final value fees. My question is, if I accept his request to cancel the transaction, can I still leave a feedback? If not, should I deny his request to cancel the transaction even though he refunded me?

Thanks

Dan
Deny the request and file the not as described claim. He can get feedback removed if you cancel the transaction.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yea definately do not accept the cancellation. As said above if you do then you cant leave feedback (or if it allows to leave feedback it will be removed)

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

jeez how many of these did he have? the other one sold was 142/150 according to the auction. the one you got was probably a stolen picture in the listing as it appears he doesn't scan cards, just takes pictures
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

So you got your money back without a hassle it sound like. At this point why leave a negative, and why would you not agree to cancel the transaction. You were made whole and are now no worse off. But you want to PUNISH this seller buy leaving a negative and screwing them out of the fvf for ultimately giving you a refund? That's a little harsh. From what you described it does not sound like the seller gave you a hard time at all. Why penalize the seller so harshly? Are you trying to teach a lesson? Chill out and move on.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Me personally, I'd leave a neutral FB and make him eat final value fees as a "shame on you" for the bait and switch. I would not be in the business of doing him any sort of favor. Also, if you open up a bpc for item not as described, it will reflect negatively on his account (if he's a top rated seller it will hurt even more). Sounds like a dirtbag seller.

http://s198.photobucket.com/user/pathfinderdude/library/PC%20sale%20and%20trade%20fodder?sort=3&page=1
tazzy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

you must be the seller

its pretty obvious that the seller tried to pull a fast one and got caught in the process---the OP should definitely neg him
gsueagle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

just adding to my bbl.........

I am not the seller btw.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Deny the request and file the not as described claim. He can get feedback removed if you cancel the transaction.
This right here. For a bait and switch, I would let the feedback stick!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
So you got your money back without a hassle it sound like. At this point why leave a negative, and why would you not agree to cancel the transaction. You were made whole and are now no worse off. But you want to PUNISH this seller buy leaving a negative and screwing them out of the fvf for ultimately giving you a refund? That's a little harsh. From what you described it does not sound like the seller gave you a hard time at all. Why penalize the seller so harshly? Are you trying to teach a lesson? Chill out and move on.
Let me tell you why I didn't just move on. I hit the BIN for $104.99 + 2.99 shipping on the auction on Feb 6th. That was a Wednesday. On the 12th, a Tuesday, I hadn't received it or gotten any tracking info so I messaged him just to check if it had shipped and what the tracking was. He apologized and told me it was shipped Monday. On Wednesday the 13th, a week after I ordered, he messages me again and told me "his son" was supposed to have shipped it but forgot so he shipped it himself on Wednesday. Disappointing, but ok. Shipping a week after being paid is lame but I can get over it.

It arrives on the 15th and clearly isn't the same card in the auction picture. It is very off center, has a bunch of DEEP scratches, and the auto is broken and of poor quality.I contact him and tell him the problem. He tells me it IS THE CARD. He tells me he just entered the wrong card serial number in the auction and the scratches don't show up in the scan. I agree about the scratches but clearly the centering and auto you can see. I tell him I want my money back. His response is "Good. I'll take it back. I can sell it for more."

The next day his dad contacts me and apologizes for his son and admits its a different card than the auction showed. He tells me he'll refund me after he receives the card back. Trying to avoid the hassle of going to the post office and waiting for a refund, I offer to keep the card if he refunds me $20. He talks it over with his son and his decides he wants the card back. He also talked about how his son "learned his lesson".

My question is, what lesson?? I guarantee the son wanted it back to resell it without disclosing the card's flaws. Without the negative feedback there is no lesson. He could've made things right by refunding me the $20 but instead decided that turning a profit was more important. I finally received my refund on Feb 23rd so I was without my $108 for 17 days all because of this guys slow shipping and deceitful auction.

The seller lied to me twice. First about having shipped the card and then denying that it was not the card in the auction. He is clearly planning to resell the card. If I didn't leave a negative, someone else would've gotten screwed too. If this situation didn't call for a neg, I don't know what does.

Last edited by DSizzle31; 03-03-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Let me tell you why I didn't just move on. I hit the BIN for $104.99 + 2.99 shipping on the auction on Feb 6th. That was a Wednesday. On the 12th, a Tuesday, I hadn't received it or gotten any tracking info so I messaged him just to check if it had shipped and what the tracking was. He apologized and told me it was shipped Monday. On Wednesday the 13th, a week after I ordered, he messages me again and told me "his son" was supposed to have shipped it but forgot so he shipped it himself on Wednesday. Disappointing, but ok. Shipping a week after being paid is lame but I can get over it.

It arrives on the 15th and clearly isn't the same card in the auction picture. It is very off center, has a bunch of DEEP scratches, and the auto is broken and of poor quality.I contact him and tell him the problem. He tells me it IS THE CARD. He tells me he just entered the wrong card serial number in the auction and the scratches don't show up in the scan. I agree about the scratches but clearly the centering and auto you can see. I tell him I want my money back. His response is "Good. I'll take it back. I can sell it for more."

The next day his dad contacts me and apologizes for his son and admits its a different card than the auction showed. He tells me he'll refund me after he receives the card back. Trying to avoid the hassle of going to the post office and waiting for a refund, I offer to keep the card if he refunds me $20. He talks it over with his son and his decides he wants the card back. He also talked about how his son "learned his lesson".

My question is, what lesson?? I guarantee the son wanted it back to resell it without disclosing the card's flaws. Without the negative feedback there is no lesson. He could've made things right by refunding me the $20 but instead decided that turning a profit was more important. I finally received my refund on Feb 23rd so I was without my $108 for 17 days all because of this guys slow shipping and deceitful auction.

The seller lied to me twice. First about having shipped the card and then denying that it was not the card in the auction. He is clearly planning to resell the card. If I didn't leave a negative, someone else would've gotten screwed too. If this situation didn't call for a neg, I don't know what does.
I doubt the "son" story too.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

This attitude is what allows poor business practices to continue.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Now that i got the "whole" story this is a big cluster
im debating on whether id leave a negative/neutral? leaning toward the neg
ive had more problems with sellers in the last 2 months on ebay than i ever have
i just got a card saturday that i paid 3 bucks shipping for and it came pwe no dc#!
still debating fdback on that one as well

Last edited by smackvay; 03-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

To me, this is the easiest one in the world...file NAD, win the filing, then neg the grimey bastich with 1 star DSR's.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
This attitude is what allows poor business practices to continue.

Well, it's not like the op gave us the whole story until AFTER my post. So get of my back.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

First of all next time post the whole story before land basting someone. If you want appropriate feedback from the forum, then have the decency to provide all of the facts, not just your interpretation of the cliffs notes. Second, I don't have a problem with you leaving the negative AFTER reading the entire story.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
First of all next time post the whole story before land basting someone. If you want appropriate feedback from the forum, then have the decency to provide all of the facts, not just your interpretation of the cliffs notes. Second, I don't have a problem with you leaving the negative AFTER reading the entire story.
Not to be too picky, but what is "land basting?"
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
i just got a card saturday that i paid 3 bucks shipping for and it came pwe no dc#!
still debating fdback on that one as well
If the card came without any damage, I don't think a negative is warranted. Personally, I'd give him a positive, but ding his shipping DSR. Also, by ding, I mean 3 or a 4, not a 1.

Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe the bait and switch in the original post was plenty enough reason for a neg. And you don't?
What more deserves a neg than deceit and lies?
And yes, that was all in the original post. He also tried to boast about the price he could receive and tried to hustle the OP into keeping it still.
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote