Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromerookies View Post
3 good auto's doesn't make a checklist great. with all the names so far, this checklist is still a ways from great. And the only way these cases legitimately hit anywhere near $1600 per is if they add auto's of Harper,Trout + Puig, IMO.

Um.... Have you seen some of the names in this thread? This is almost as good as last years bowman. Which was awesome!
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayscards79 View Post
I figured this was bound to happen, there are still two retailers I know of selling jumbo cases for $1000.

Yeah I think BO made an attempt to raise the prices across the board like the airlines do where one raises prices the rest follow but the other dealers for the most part stood firm causing BO to have to lower their prices back down.
yankee_pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Talking about Bowman/Bowman Chrome. Not Platinum or anything like that. NO one considers Platinum a players True Auto RC
if its his 1st licensed auto, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered a true auto rc.
chromerookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow815 View Post
Um.... Have you seen some of the names in this thread? This is almost as good as last years bowman. Which was awesome!
I have seen all the names on the checklist so far, although there are some good ones, can you name 1 that measures up to Taveras or Darvish?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
I have seen all the names on the checklist so far, although there are some good ones, can you name 1 that measures up to Taveras or Darvish?
could you name Taveras before 2012 Bowman came out? I can also guarantee NO ONE was as big on Trout when 09 came out. That's the beauty of Bowman. I can also guarantee that there going to be a couple Superstars out of 13.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
I could name a couple that I feel have just as good of a chance at being stars as Oscar does.

But I'm not going to. I'll leave that to others to figure out while I load up on Auto's.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #82 (permalink)

Only 59 days left to debate everything before it comes out. And no question you guys are masterdebaters
Doublexthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtr View Post
could you name Taveras before 2012 Bowman came out? I can also guarantee NO ONE was as big on Trout when 09 came out. That's the beauty of Bowman. I can also guarantee that there going to be a couple Superstars out of 13.
Yes which is why his auto's were hot out of the gate. I was actually really excited when he was announced in 2011 Bowman Chrome (before he was taken out, obviously). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these guys suck and will never be worth anything, I 'm saying that as of right now this product is nowhere near 2011 Draft nor 2012 Bowman as you had stated earlier. I also agree with your last line. There are quite a few guys I will be buying tons of.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
I could name a couple that I feel have just as good of a chance at being stars as Oscar does.

But I'm not going to. I'll leave that to others to figure out while I load up on Auto's.
I can too and I never said no one on the checklist had a chance at being as good as Taveras, I said right now ,as of today, I don't see any that measure up to Taveras or Darvish. Any by that I meant the hype surrounding them by release. The content from this year so far is nowhere close to last years which included Taveras, Darvish,Rendon,Cole,Bogaerts,Bell,Jackie Bradley + C.Martinez.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #85 (permalink)

Ok, but WHO last year was all hyped up for the Taveras?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtr View Post
Ok, but WHO last year was all hyped up for the Taveras?
dude, they came out of the gate at $50+ per base and haven't dropped below that since, which is the reason I didn't buy any, as I can't justify paying $50+ for a base chrome auto on release (a thought I am starting to reconsider).
Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublexthebeast View Post
Only 59 days left to debate everything before it comes out. And no question you guys are masterdebaters
I had to read this a few times just to be sure. Was about to say stop spying on me
Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
dude, they came out of the gate at $50+ per base and haven't dropped below that since, which is the reason I didn't buy any, as I can't justify paying $50+ for a base chrome auto on release (a thought I am starting to reconsider).
Not true, the first couple weeks I was picking them up at 30. Which is what Base Gallo and Zunino are going for out of draft, so again he had some hype but nothing like he has now, a year later.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #89 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
if its his 1st licensed auto, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered a true auto rc.
Ugh...smh... Ok yes it's a true RC auto. My point I'm trying to make is... 11 out of 10 collectors would much rather a players Bowman/Bowman Chrome Auto than some other (Platinum, etc.) Auto. So for example in the situation we are talking about. Yes, Oswaldo has a Platinum auto but I said he doesn't have any auto stuff referring to Bowman/Bowman Chrome. All of his current Bowman/Bowman Chrome stuff is non-Auto'd. His first Bowman Chrome auto is going to be worth much more and be in more demand than his Platinum autos.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
I had to read this a few times just to be sure. Was about to say stop spying on me
haha. I just like throwing in a funny post every once in a while when everybody is so serious.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #91 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Victor Sanchez (M's) was added this afternoon.

As it stands right now, I'd give this CL a B+.

If they add Taijuan Walker and Yasiel Puig, I will definitely re-evaluate that grade.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post

If they add Taijuan Walker and Yasiel Puig, I will definitely re-evaluate that grade.
The "30 Year Old" Victor Sanchez? I'm just waiting for it to come out that he lied about his age. No way he's 17 or 18, or under 26 :P
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Ugh...smh... Ok yes it's a true RC auto. My point I'm trying to make is... 11 out of 10 collectors would much rather a players Bowman/Bowman Chrome Auto than some other (Platinum, etc.) Auto. So for example in the situation we are talking about. Yes, Oswaldo has a Platinum auto but I said he doesn't have any auto stuff referring to Bowman/Bowman Chrome. All of his current Bowman/Bowman Chrome stuff is non-Auto'd. His first Bowman Chrome auto is going to be worth much more and be in more demand than his Platinum autos.
Sorry,I guess I misunderstood your post, I didn't realize you were talking about which auto will be more popular. In that case, I agree 100%. Chrome is king and there are no close seconds in this race!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #94 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to TrueBlueLA4Life

If they add Puig his sales will equate to Jorge Soler sales. A solid add if they can get it done. I think they will save Puig and Walker for BC. Ryu seems like a possible add, he would be great cause of the added Korean demand along with his domestic demand.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueLA4Life View Post
If they add Puig his sales will equate to Jorge Soler sales. A solid add if they can get it done. I think they will save Puig and Walker for BC. Ryu seems like a possible add, he would be great cause of the added Korean demand along with his domestic demand.
I hope they add both of the Dodgers top prospects, but if I had to choose I'd go with Ryu.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

These are two that, as we discussed over on FCB, would be huge additions for this release. I have been abstaining from breaking for a bit but if they are added, pending the rest of the checklist additions, this may be a nice 15+ case break.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Talking about Bowman/Bowman Chrome. Not Platinum or anything like that. NO one considers Platinum a players True Auto RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee_pride View Post
Arcia has been in a couple of other Bowman products in the past as well though.
Quote:
he has all non auto stuff.
regardless of what you meant your comment to yankee_pride would lead someone to believe you meant he had no bowman autos whatsover
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #98 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Dorssys Paulino added to the auto checklist.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Dorssys Paulino added to the auto checklist.
Jaypers, I don't know much about him. Is he a good addition?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #100 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublexthebeast View Post
Jaypers, I don't know much about him. Is he a good addition?
Nope, terrible. Avoid at all costs.