Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can people stop using "death" as a reason to get deals or backing out a deal?

Can people stop using "death" as a reason to get deals or backing out a deal?

Just this month alone, I got more than 3 of these type of messages. I know things happen, but come on, maybe we all need to get our priorities straight. Don't buy stuffs when you can't pay for it.
teambutterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

have you left any feedback?
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

LOL!!!!! So which high price card didnt get pay?
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

What if the bidder is the one that dies? Are they still required to pay?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
What if the bidder is the one that dies? Are they still required to pay?
Sue the estate for the full purchase price... if they don't pay, file a claim which will keep the estate from closing
ScooterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey bud, I am posting to you on something completely different. I saw you out a picture of an Eric Decker card you were looking to sell. It was a 2010 absolute memorabilia /5. Do you still have it? If not, would you be able to put me on the trail of the card?
Dabroncs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambutterfield View Post

Just this month alone, I got more than 3 of these type of messages. I know things happen, but come on, maybe we all need to get our priorities straight. Don't buy stuffs when you can't pay for it.
Dont you know card collecting is one of the most dangerous hobbys to be in man. Not just for you but also your family. Thats why I stopped collecting, my wife kept getting deadly ill and I finally linked it to my card collecting. Thank God I stopped before she died and I would have had to back out of a deal I was in.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yep, a lot of people or their family members seem to die when associated with this site. Even more so if that person had recently sold a card! I was a told just this morning that I hadnt received my card yet because a family death. Even though two weeks ago he told me that it had been mailed. This is a dangerous place!!!!
UpInYourPujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

The scammer who cried "My Mom died."
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Best one I heard was on Ebay for a Gold Olt Ref Auto...guy claimed his dad fell off the roof and was in the hospital for a month, and he was by his side everyday and night and didnt have time to ship...aint that a shame...poor guy. lol
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Id rather people use excuses like "I had emergency penis enlargement surgery" or "I won a free trip into space but I had to use it this week only."

Something original.
shayscards79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayscards79 View Post
Id rather people use excuses like "I had emergency penis enlargement surgery" or "I won a free trip into space but I had to use it this week only."

Something original.
If I were to tell you this so I could back out of a deal, would you still leave a neg?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Best one I heard was on Ebay for a Gold Olt Ref Auto...guy claimed his dad fell off the roof and was in the hospital for a month, and he was by his side everyday and night and didnt have time to ship...aint that a shame...poor guy. lol
A guy I work with had his Dad die last year this way. He was in his late 60's, up on a ladder cleaning his gutters. Ladder fell and he died from his injuries.

SUCKS.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post
If I were to tell you this so I could back out of a deal, would you still leave a neg?
Probably not, it would be a good laugh.

I've never left anyone negative feedback before actually. If a seller is willing to communcate and gets the card to me, I might give less than 5 stars on shipping. Or if they don't communicate I just open a case and move on.
shayscards79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have some really strong opinions on this topic, but don't have time to post them all right now......my dad's sister's uncle's brother's nephew's cousin died. Sorry.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

If you want to sell things online then be prepared to deal with the fickle public. I think all sales under $250 whether auction or BIN should be required to be paid immediately, or if not paid in 4 days the money is automatically withdrawn from paypal or checking or credit card. Not sure why Ebay allows people to but an item and then decide 8 days later they are no longer interested.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

People always make excuses, if I ever have a buyer or seller who just flat out admits that they were too lazy to pay or ship.. I think I would give them a break and no neg just for their honesty lol.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

"I had penis enlargement surgery and now cant find a pair of pants to fit into, thats why I didnt mail your Chrome Auto."
Cardstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

"I was too busy banging your mom to send you the 3 dollar chrome auto, put some love juice stains on it, enjoy"
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Here is my latest one:
Hello,
I was the winning bidder on this item, unfortunately I had a death in the family and needed to fly to Boston right away. This was completely unexpected, and caused me to basically empty my bank account to pay for the flights and funeral. Therefore I will not be able to purchase this card as I had originally planned. I feel terrible about this, as I always pay for my items immediately following any and all auctions that I win, but I wanted to inform you right away so you have the opportunity to re-post the card for auction. Please accept my sincere apologies for backing out after the auction ended I am truly very sorry. I simply had no choice in the matter as this was all very sudden. I do not know how long I will be out of town and cannot even guarantee when I will have the funds to complete the purchase. Again, I am so sorry as this is not the way I normally conduct business. I hope this does not affect my chances of making future purchases with you. Thank you very much.
teambutterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is my latest one:
Hello,
I was the winning bidder on this item, unfortunately I had a death in the family and needed to fly to Boston right away. This was completely unexpected, and caused me to basically empty my bank account to pay for the flights and funeral. Therefore I will not be able to purchase this card as I had originally planned. I feel terrible about this, as I always pay for my items immediately following any and all auctions that I win, but I wanted to inform you right away so you have the opportunity to re-post the card for auction. Please accept my sincere apologies for backing out after the auction ended I am truly very sorry. I simply had no choice in the matter as this was all very sudden. I do not know how long I will be out of town and cannot even guarantee when I will have the funds to complete the purchase. Again, I am so sorry as this is not the way I normally conduct business. I hope this does not affect my chances of making future purchases with you. Thank you very much.
I like that they had no choice it was very sudden............um isn't death always sudden?

http://s237.photobucket.com/user/sbft2936/library/?sort=6&page=1
Chargafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Stuff like that Happens, My Step-dad Fell off the roof Last year and was in the Hospital for about 2 weeks, People make a really sick sound when they hit Cement.

I typically only ship on Mondays unless asked otherwise.
jryan_711 is offline   Reply With Quote