Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #76 (permalink)

He should just go ahead and list all 8 cards of each player as a super rare 1/1 rainbow. Then wait a few months, and list it again(because I am sure he has more than 1 of each card).
Bradforddorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #77 (permalink)

I sent a message to him about the Gattis - thought they were interesting since there were no Gattis cards in Bowman Chrome. Read through the thread and did a little research. I think this is the "lot" that he is referring to when he states that he purchased them from another dealer.

Lot of 9 Sheets 62 Different Players Topps Uncut Bowman Chrome Baseball Cards | eBay

Could be wrong though - but that would explain why they appear mis-cut if he did the cutting himself.
middleinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleinf View Post
I sent a message to him about the Gattis - thought they were interesting since there were no Gattis cards in Bowman Chrome. Read through the thread and did a little research. I think this is the "lot" that he is referring to when he states that he purchased them from another dealer.

Lot of 9 Sheets 62 Different Players Topps Uncut Bowman Chrome Baseball Cards | eBay

Could be wrong though - but that would explain why they appear mis-cut if he did the cutting himself.
That's the same company (cargo largo) that had about 90% of the print run of the Rene Tosoni autos.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #79 (permalink)

Good god...

shelbyville_sports_cards | eBay
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #80 (permalink)

I just wonder what kind of impact this will do to the hobby when it's all said and done.
refuse24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #81 (permalink)

I bought one of these and received it today. Hopefully I can answer some of the questions in this thread.

These do look like they were legitimately printed by Topps. The look and feel are the same as the real McCoy, the trademarks/text/printing on the card is flawless, the glossy texture on the front perfectly matches a Bowman Chrome card, etc, etc.

Having said that, they do look like they came off a sheet like the ones posted earlier in the thread because they are indeed slightly larger than the standard 2.5 x 3.5 card (a good comparison would be the card fits in a regular UltraPro penny sleeve, but does not fit in an UltraPro Premium penny sleeve [for those who know the slight size differences between the two]). However, whoever cut these did a damn good job as the centering is nearly perfect and the corners are sharp and straight.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied at all with the card, since there's probably a good chance each parallel color is a 1/1 if only one sheet of each color was manufactured. Another cool thing (for those who haven't noticed) is that some of these cards are variations from the ones that were actually chosen by Topps for the set... which is also pretty cool in my opinion.

For clarity, the cards aren't stamped with serial numbers as mentioned in other posts, and they have the autograph hue area on the front of the card like that of the actual autographed chrome cards.

And before you make any assumptions: No, I am not the guy who is selling these. I truly am new to the forum and this is my 1st post. lol
JMadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadge View Post
I bought one of these and received it today. Hopefully I can answer some of the questions in this thread.

These do look like they were legitimately printed by Topps. The look and feel are the same as the real McCoy, the trademarks/text/printing on the card is flawless, the glossy texture on the front perfectly matches a Bowman Chrome card, etc, etc.

Having said that, they do look like they came off a sheet like the ones posted earlier in the thread because they are indeed slightly larger than the standard 2.5 x 3.5 card (a good comparison would be the card fits in a regular UltraPro penny sleeve, but does not fit in an UltraPro Premium penny sleeve [for those who know the slight size differences between the two]). However, whoever cut these did a damn good job as the centering is nearly perfect and the corners are sharp and straight.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied at all with the card, since there's probably a good chance each parallel color is a 1/1 if only one sheet of each color was manufactured. Another cool thing (for those who haven't noticed) is that some of these cards are variations from the ones that were actually chosen by Topps for the set... which is also pretty cool in my opinion.

For clarity, the cards aren't stamped with serial numbers as mentioned in other posts, and they have the autograph hue area on the front of the card like that of the actual autographed chrome cards.

And before you make any assumptions: No, I am not the guy who is selling these. I truly am new to the forum and this is my 1st post. lol
Which one did you buy?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #83 (permalink)

Id say the cut is off...look at this Hamilton...the borders are 1/4 inch wide...
2012 Bowman Chrome Test Auto Orange Refractor Billy Hamilton Cincinnati Reds RC | eBay
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Id say the cut is off...look at this Hamilton...the borders are 1/4 inch wide...
2012 Bowman Chrome Test Auto Orange Refractor Billy Hamilton Cincinnati Reds RC | eBay
Yes, the card itself is measuring slightly larger, but the centering and corners seem to be pretty nice. I bought the Matt Adams super.
JMadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #85 (permalink)

When y'all are thinking these are backdoored from Topps do you think an employee stole the materials/cards or that this is something Topps as a company (edit) to make money? Or do any of you think that this was done outside of Topps without there knowledge?
2013 Bowman/5 Auto,2013 Tribute WBC Patch, All 1/1's.
pigeonsbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonsbaseball View Post
When y'all are thinking these are backdoored from Topps do you think an employee stole the materials/cards or that this is something Topps as a company (edit) to make money? Or do any of you think that this was done outside of Topps without there knowledge?
Its neither. These are coming out the front door of Topps. They use these uncut sheets in unique instances to replace other items owed to collectors. I would put money on the fact the origin of each and every one of these sheets was knowingly mailed out by Topps.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #87 (permalink)

I think these are pretty cool. I wouldn't mind owning a oversized Superfractor for a fraction of the cost of a 'legit' super.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Its neither. These are coming out the front door of Topps. They use these uncut sheets in unique instances to replace other items owed to collectors. I would put money on the fact the origin of each and every one of these sheets was knowingly mailed out by Topps.
I've heard of a lot of replacement situations but I've never heard of Topps replacing anything with an uncut sheet of cards. Do you know anyone, or does anyone on this thread know anyone personally who has received an uncut sheet as a replacement?

I've read hundreds and hundreds of folks upset about replacement cards but I'm certain that I've never read anyone who has received an uncut sheet as a replacement for a redemption card(s).
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
I've heard of a lot of replacement situations but I've never heard of Topps replacing anything with an uncut sheet of cards. Do you know anyone, or does anyone on this thread know anyone personally who has received an uncut sheet as a replacement?

I've read hundreds and hundreds of folks upset about replacement cards but I'm certain that I've never read anyone who has received an uncut sheet as a replacement for a redemption card(s).
I'm pretty sure he was meaning they use the sheets to cut out and replace the specific card, not send out the whole sheet.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:

Its in unique situations, not regular redemption cards that I'm aware of (though I don't know for sure that isn't happening as well). And yes, I personally know of someone receiving uncut sheets as a replacement.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleinf View Post

Quote:
Its in unique situations, not regular redemption cards that I'm aware of (though I don't know for sure that isn't happening as well). And yes, I personally know of someone receiving uncut sheets as a replacement.
Wow, that is amazing. So what was the situation that resulted in your friend receiving uncut sheets as replacements? Did they come with a COA like the Topps vault cards come from? Ive bought a few blank backs from the vault and each came with a coa. Hell i just bought a plain old base blank back and it cost me around $50, i would think a sheet of supers would be worth thousands. Thats a fantastic replacement if they are legit I know i would love to have a couple for the pc !
Old 03-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #92 (permalink)

I do not know about any uncut sheets being given as replacements, but they gave away an uncut sheet of blue wave cards on twitter a few days ago. I am sure most are giveaways on Twitter, Facebook, big shows, etc.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #93 (permalink)

Ive never seen anyone recieve an uncut sheet of unserial numbered, un autographed auto cards as replacements. I do not think Topps would mail out and Blank auto card that reads"Topps certified autograph issue" on it, sound like a liability to me...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnysBench View Post
Ive never seen anyone recieve an uncut sheet of unserial numbered, un autographed auto cards as replacements. I do not think Topps would mail out and Blank auto card that reads"Topps certified autograph issue" on it, sound like a liability to me...
Yup, I cal #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@e on that one. If his "friend" got one it was in some shady way.
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadge View Post

You should send it to bgs for grade and then take it from there...
Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #96 (permalink)

Im still waiting for the answer on "the friend" that got these absolutely "out the front door" "replacement cards" from topps.

I agree completely with others and i call total bs, topps is not releasing uncut superfractor sheets and until i hear it from the person who got them i dont believe it. If they were legit i dont know why there would be any reason not to give more info on this.

I know there are a few uncut sheets that have gone out but they are completely disclosed, are not missing autos, and deinitely arent supers.

so.......
Old 03-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Im still waiting for the answer on "the friend" that got these absolutely "out the front door" "replacement cards" from topps.

I agree completely with others and i call total bs, topps is not releasing uncut superfractor sheets and until i hear it from the person who got them i dont believe it. If they were legit i dont know why there would be any reason not to give more info on this.

I know there are a few uncut sheets that have gone out but they are completely disclosed, are not missing autos, and deinitely arent supers.

so.......
You could try the "search button" to "discover" one of the other "many" threads on this "topic" and "see" for yourself

eBay seller selling mysterious superfractors with no stamp - back doored?

An unnumbered, but 1/1 pack-issued parallel, set sent in uncut sheet form out the front door of Topps as a replacement

Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #98 (permalink)

So you are you saying Brad is "your friend" that received the uncut sheet? You also state that you are sure uncut super sheets are coming out the front door of topps. Because it doesnt say anything but he received it doesnt say as a replacement and for what. Or is it davepeters?

If that is the case it or even if it isnt, it would be a lot easier to answer the question about "your friend" and the scenario in which he received them then being a condescending ass with your smily faces and links. Ive read the threads and they dont answer my question.

I asked a simple question it takes a simple answer which i havent received.

So Pretty please with sugar on top.....What "special circumstance" did "your friend" receive an uncut sheet?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBruinsFan View Post
Yup, I cal #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@e on that one. If his "friend" got one it was in some shady way.
Quote:

so.......
Quote:
So you are you saying Brad is "your friend" that received the uncut sheet? You also state that you are sure uncut super sheets are coming out the front door of topps. Because it doesnt say anything but he received it doesnt say as a replacement and for what. Or is it davepeters?

If that is the case it or even if it isnt, it would be a lot easier to answer the question about "your friend" and the scenario in which he received them then being a condescending ass with your smily faces and links. Ive read the threads and they dont answer my question.

I asked a simple question it takes a simple answer which i havent received.

So Pretty please with sugar on top.....What "special circumstance" did "your friend" receive an uncut sheet?

Why are you guys putting "friend" in quotes. Its not a word I used. I like Brad just fine, and I suppose I consider him a friend if you can have a friend you've never met... but the fact remains, thats your word and I'm not sure why it started being used nor do I know why its being put it quotes every time its used.

I don't feel the need to comment any further because the resident lynch mob already seems riled up enough by all this and you guys have obviously already decided that your assumptions are correct. They are not, but that won't keep you from going after whoever you can about this topic. Brad or anyone else in the situation of receiving uncut sheets of rare sets shouldn't be put in a position to have to answer to you or anyone else. Topps sent these sheets out the front door to make up for various open issues they have with people, and those people should be able to do with the sheets whatever they want.

I have no inside information about the origin of the superfractor sheets specifically, but its not much of a leap to assume Topps would send something like that when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they've used other rare 1/1 parallel sheets (unnumbered) to make things right with collectors. Should Topps be doing this? Hell no, IMO. But they are. And if a person receives an uncut sheet from Topps instead of something else of value they were supposed to receive, winning a contest, or whatever other reasons Topps sends these sheets out, its the owners right to do with them whatever they want.

If you want more info, go to the people that have said they've personally received sheets. I only know the facts about a couple cases based on what they've said online. I know it might be unusual for someone on BO forums to actually be speaking facts and not just speaking out of their a$$, but the facts are what they are. If anyone wants to question those facts, thats fine, but at least know what you're putting in quotes if you're sarcastically trying to belittle the person giving you some facts about a topic.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #100 (permalink)

Looks like some #@#@#@#@#@#@#@ flipper is trying to market the Soler as a real card.
2012 Bowman Chrome RC Jorge Soler Cubs Superfractor No Auto BCA JSO 1 1 | eBay
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote