Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
You are right I do not know your daddy's business or your clients. I just simply stated that all of the sheet fed companies that I have worked at, never shredded or chopped the waste press sheets unless the client specifically requested to do so.

Your family built the business and you are the authority because you ride coat tails? Stop it, you wanted to make this personal so here it is. What exactly do you do for your daddy's company? Probably a CRS would be my guess. I like Komori presses, as stated above but what Heidelberg offers can not be touched in the high quality sheet fed market. I am guessing that your comment about taking the red up a bit just shows me that you do not actually do any of the work. It just makes you feel important that your daddy owns the company and makes you feel that your opinion matters. I have worked with people like you before that are above getting their hands dirty.

If it were not for people such as myself, your million dollar piece of iron on the floor would be just that. Wish your family continued success in the future and try not to run your daddy's company into the ground.
You sound like you are in a union. I was working in a bindery at age 11. My hands are actually dirty as I type this from unloading 11 skids of Finch Fine 100# Cover. Yes we need know it all pressman with egos. Its not like the industry went from 94 billion to 75 billion the past 5 years and RRD closes plants each and every month. Yes I can't post a job on monster and get 30 applications for guys that will do your job cheaper and betterwithout running their mouths. Yes you have me all figured out. You are the resident print expert on this board cause you run a press. Like I said take the red up and have a Bryce day.
Eduardo Nunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #127 (permalink)
XL5

Warning, warning. Epeens are out. Printing press war is live!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Nunez View Post
You sound like you are in a union. I was working in a bindery at age 11. My hands are actually dirty as I type this from unloading 11 skids of Finch Fine 100# Cover. Yes we need know it all pressman with egos. Its not like the industry went from 94 billion to 75 billion the past 5 years and RRD closes plants each and every month. Yes I can't post a job on monster and get 30 applications for guys that will do your job cheaper and betterwithout running their mouths. Yes you have me all figured out. You are the resident print expert on this board cause you run a press. Like I said take the red up and have a Bryce day.
Look here Eddie Jr. Never worked in a Union, but at least the people doing the work know the value of their skills to a company. Sorry, sounds like daddy made you work a little before putting on the khakis and becoming the big man on campus. Never had to look for work as a pressman and certainly would not do so by checking a rag that your company probably printed. I had employers seeking my employment and was well compensated for the skill set that I have, which was very profitable at the companies I worked. Good luck though with the revolving door of under qualified drunks that you think can run a quality pressroom.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Nunez View Post
You said you were done awhile back .. but you came back. Unprofessional! Probably how you run your business. Buyer beware!
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #130 (permalink)

This moron not only buys this POS for $200 ... he's now claiming the card is an official 1/1 from the Topps Vault?

2012 Bowman Chrome Tony Cingrani "Superfractor" 1 1 Test Proof | eBay

Again ... nice job Topps.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #131 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

real or no???

ebay seller just told me there is no 1/1 stamp on it.

2012 Bowman Platinum Jurickson Profar Superfractor 1 1 BGS 9 5 | eBay
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
real or no???

ebay seller just told me there is no 1/1 stamp on it.

2012 Bowman Platinum Jurickson Profar Superfractor 1 1 BGS 9 5 | eBay
No stamp = Not real. Beckett should be ashamed of themselves.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
No stamp = Not real. Beckett should be ashamed of themselves.
This is true but if I PC'd Profar I would be all over it at that price. It may have not been packed out but it is just as real as if it was. I know this is wrong and I feel conflicted but if Topps made it and allowed it into the public than it is a real card.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
This is true but if I PC'd Profar I would be all over it at that price. It may have not been packed out but it is just as real as if it was. I know this is wrong and I feel conflicted but if Topps made it and allowed it into the public than it is a real card.
That's how I feel about these. If I PC'd someone and had a chance at a backdoored Superfractor for a discounted price I'd be all over it.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not sure it has been determined that Topps allowed this into the public. Last I heard was that Topps was notified of this and are looking into legal action, though I personally do not know if they have a leg to stand on. Just an opinion but I think these were actually waste sheets from the test runs.

Has anybody here purchased these? I think a few of you have. Could you tell me if the backs are printed on these?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure it has been determined that Topps allowed this into the public. Last I heard was that Topps was notified of this and are looking into legal action, though I personally do not know if they have a leg to stand on. Just an opinion but I think these were actually waste sheets from the test runs.

Has anybody here purchased these? I think a few of you have. Could you tell me if the backs are printed on these?
Still allowed out by Topps. Maybe not intentionally but it is their responsibility to make sure this doesn't happen. As long as they were made by Topps and not counterfeit than they are real and have value and I don't have a problem with them being sold or buying them.

How is this different than Topps holding back a Harper red auto and giving it out as a replacement? It absolutely is the same thing. Just because it wasn't packed out or wasn't intended to be isn't the issue. It is a genuine card and has value as such. I would argue that it may even have a premium since it wasn't intended to see public hands unless there are multiples of each.

As far as backs I hadn't even considered that. I would be curious to know as well. Unfortunately, my three PC guys have supers and all are out of my price range so I will never own or probably even see one of the real ones or one of these backdoored ones.

"Fark it, I quit".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 04-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Still allowed out by Topps. Maybe not intentionally but it is their responsibility to make sure this doesn't happen. As long as they were made by Topps and not counterfeit than they are real and have value and I don't have a problem with them being sold or buying them.

How is this different than Topps holding back a Harper red auto and giving it out as a replacement? It absolutely is the same thing. Just because it wasn't packed out or wasn't intended to be isn't the issue. It is a genuine card and has value as such. I would argue that it may even have a premium since it wasn't intended to see public hands unless there are multiples of each.

As far as backs I hadn't even considered that. I would be curious to know as well. Unfortunately, my three PC guys have supers and all are out of my price range so I will never own or probably even see one of the real ones or one of these backdoored ones.
It certainly was an over-site on the part of Topps if these were never intended for the public, by not making sure they were disposed of differently. I disagree with you though as far as these cards being made by Topps. They seem to be just print test. With print test, designers are checking to see if the images are trapping correctly with the layout. This was a design that Topps did not decide to produce, as there are design differences with dimensions and margins. Totally different than holding back cards from a produced design.

The reason I say that Topps may not be able to legally pursue, is that waste is public domain. Just as if someone went through your trash at the curb on trash day. It certainly is looked down upon but I do not think it is illegal.

Not sure these hold any value IMO. I see them as a cheap knockoff. Kind of like building a kit car of a valuable and rare sports car. It may look similar and cool but under the hood and on the inside, all it would ever be is a fake.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #138 (permalink)

I bought two, a purple and an orange refractor of Kevan Smith for my White Sox collection. Both have the same backs as the packed out cards, minus the stamped serial numbering of course. I want the super for what I have dubbed the "Ghetto Rainbow", but he wants $499 for it. I don't think the legit one would be even close to that price.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:

The reason I say that Topps may not be able to legally pursue, is that waste is public domain. Just as if someone went through your trash at the curb on trash day. It certainly is looked down upon but I do not think it is illegal.
Highly unlikely someone is putting printers-waste in garbage cans and leaving them curbside. And I'm sure you know that... I would suspect these sheets are being removed by the printer or someone at a recycling company used by whoever handles the waste.

Either way, that's theft.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33d View Post
Highly unlikely someone is putting printers-waste in garbage cans and leaving them curbside. And I'm sure you know that... I would suspect these sheets are being removed by the printer or someone at a recycling company used by whoever handles the waste.

Either way, that's theft.
Exactly what I have stated before, but I am still not sure that Topps will be able to pursue legal action on waste print sheets. Not sure that is viewed as theft. I know as a pressroom employee, I have signed employment agreements on non-disclosure and other such matters. That usually would not be extended to other parts of a printing company nor a recycling company, to my knowledge.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #141 (permalink)

I caved in and bought some cards from this seller.

When I was communicating to the seller, they mentioned that they had bought the full 9-card set (superfractor, red, purple, orange, gold, etc.) from another dealer who got them from Topps. Apparently that dealer had a relative who was an executive at Topps for quite a while. The believe that these were printed as design examples before production started...

Again, this is solely what they mentioned. I can't verify, obviously. From the cards I have in hand they do look "real" although clearly were not packed out and are, from a storage perspective, annoyingly large. If anyone has any and is keeping them in toploaders, I'd like to know which ones
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #142 (permalink)

Picked up these three. Have never seen the red refractor auto card (it was an EXCH) and I've been looking diligently since release of 2012 bowman chrome. Was wondering if it was ever packed out, since I haven't seen the redemption cards or the actual card for sale on ebay (and all the other colors have been returned to Topps). Also wasn't aware Bauer had a blue wave card so this was neat to find.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #143 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

why are people still buying these, its not good....
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
why are people still buying these, its not good....
I must be missing the joke. I get your comment yet your avatar shows one of these. Hmmmmm. Personally, as I said before, I would buy one of my PC guy if it came up although I would feel guilty. It is what it is.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #145 (permalink)

Bought them more as a novelty since I collect Bauer. I like the Red and Blue Wave because as I mentioned I hadn't seen them before and I have a fondness dating back to late-90s Pinnacle cards for things that were released that shouldn't have been.

If you collect someone and you can pick them up for something in your budget then it's a neat collectable.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #146 (permalink)

First autoed one showed up. Here's the thread. Someone with twitter please post I on topps wall!

Curious Yu Darvish bowman chrome refractor auto w/pic ... what the??
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote