Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
Hi Needs... that seriously sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'd look into that. I agree with DOUGSEVIER54, who cares if your sending 5 or 50... they will ending up redeeming the same amount in the end.

When I call Comcast, I fully expect to speak to some ay-hole halfway across the continent and get zero useful help... but not from Topps. And yet, I get the same lousy, unfriendly, almost hostile customer service from them.

If you can't get Player X to sign at the time of production, don't have them as part of the checklist.

I agree with this. Why can't they just NOT include the player if he doesn't sign? There are so many players to choose from. Why go to the trouble of printing up a redemption, entering the codes in the system (PROPERLY), and inserting it into the product when you can just have someone else sign? I'm sure most of us collectors would prefer that over a useless redemption of a card that may never be.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Not. I called regarding some redemptions I've been waiting on as well as some other things. First person I spoke to was rather rude to me. And told me "It's none of your business." in regards to Addison Russell and when he will sign. I asked to speak to a supervisor where I spent 45 minutes on hold before finally hanging up. My GF was rather...upset about the situation so she took it upon herself to call them back and ask for a supervisor, they told her he was busy with someone else but asked what she had questions about. She gives me the phone and I get nothing but generic answers. I asked about Addison Russell and she had no answer. I then asked about the Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Relic cards from 2013 Topps Series 1. She said, "They are probably waiting on the materials and relic to make the cards." To which I replied, "Topps has had the materials since the first week of February...so.....they have everything they need." She replied "Then yeah the card is in the process of being made." But she didn't know. She said it would be shipped out when the card is live. Yeah that was no help at all. I asked her why it wasn't a priority. She said they have a lot going on. I said I know, and that it doesn't take that long to produce a card seeing as how Gypsy Queen is already being printed. She replies, "Well, there will be redemptions in Gypsy Queen, but the redemptions that come before it like the Cabrera Triple Crown card will take priority over the Gypsy Queen redemptions." What?????? How is that an answer? So great, that means more redemptions to possibly be stuck with. I received ZIP for answers. And now only have even MORE questions. Well I ended up calling Corporate. Spoke to the operator who transferred me to..............Customer Service. Better yet.......it wanted me to leave a voice mail. So I......hung up. I feel so much better now knowing I have spent my money for the last 20 years on a company that TRULY does care about its customers!

Discuss.

EDIT: Why is it that Panini, Leaf and Rize can get Addison Russell to sign but Topps can't?
think the woman you're referring to is Kiely,she's new and useless.This is why any redemption I get goes on ebay.The stories about topps cs(if you can call it that) are endless.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
think the woman you're referring to is Kiely,she's new and useless.This is why any redemption I get goes on ebay.The stories about topps cs(if you can call it that) are endless.
Yeah she was pretty useless and clueless and everything else with "less" at the end. I REALLY hope MLB gives someone else the License when Topps' license expires.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Because I've ripped so many cases of Draft and Chrome, and thus entered so many redemptions; they've asked I sign a waiver first not holding them accountable for any poor replacements (Paxton most likely won't be coming) AND agree to stop entering redemptions for 2012 products.

Until I do this (which I won't), they said I will not receive my cards. That simple.
This is totally unbelievable,you should take that story to one of the news outlets.
Like 7 on your side,see how fast you get your cards when they show up on TV.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
I agree with this. Why can't they just NOT include the player if he doesn't sign? There are so many players to choose from. Why go to the trouble of printing up a redemption, entering the codes in the system (PROPERLY), and inserting it into the product when you can just have someone else sign? I'm sure most of us collectors would prefer that over a useless redemption of a card that may never be.
Many of the big product hits/product sellers are redemptions. If they had to pack in only what they had we'd be buried in more crap and boxes wouldn't sell.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
Hi Needs... that seriously sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'd look into that. I agree with DOUGSEVIER54, who cares if your sending 5 or 50... they will ending up redeeming the same amount in the end.

When I call Comcast, I fully expect to speak to some ay-hole halfway across the continent and get zero useful help... but not from Topps. And yet, I get the same lousy, unfriendly, almost hostile customer service from them.

If you can't get Player X to sign at the time of production, don't have them as part of the checklist.
A lawsuit sounds nice but it would be interstate and cost 5x as much to pursue than it's worth. They know it; I know it so I'll just wait until they either send them out or I snap.

Time will tell.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah she was pretty useless and clueless and everything else with "less" at the end. I REALLY hope MLB gives someone else the License when Topps' license expires.
You would hope that,but with Bud and the boys wouldn't surprise me in the least if topps got another 5 year exclusive deal.We as collectors should start sending MLB the horror stories and demanding more choices.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
A lawsuit sounds nice but it would be interstate and cost 5x as much to pursue than it's worth. They know it; I know it so I'll just wait until they either send them out or I snap.

Time will tell.
Sounds like you need to take a road trip to Topps headquarters and just take your cards (or equivalent value in property).
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
Sounds like you need to take a road trip to Topps headquarters and just take your cards (or equivalent value in property).
Heh, you think I could move some fax machines on the open market?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Heh, you think I could move some fax machines on the open market?
Topps CS doesn't have fax machines. They have telegraph machines. Fortunately these are collectible and fetch a decent price.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #36 (permalink)

I believe the lack of transparency from Topps customer service is probably one of the most aggrevating things to deal with.

I also believe it's a growing concern in our community when redemptions are constantly placed into products and with the lack of communication from Topps, I have to admit that I feel more and more that redemptions are placed into product with no actual plans to fullfill them.

I no longer complain to Topps anymore as by doing so is an immense waste of time (evidenced by the OP's post). On hold for 45 minutes? No way. Not going to do it.

The frustration level that we have is undeniable, especially with many of you purchasing boxes or cases in excess of several hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

I believe Topps does not understand that with hardcore collectors like us, whom are the cream of their customer base, has no problem to purchase other products like National Treasures. Any owner of a business that observed an unlicensed product take off like NT, SHOULD be alarmed.

Take Apple as an example. Although I hate analogies, at this time, it's the best. There was no way in hell that they were going to hold the 75% market share of smartphones as they had. But quarter over quarter, that number has been shrinking AS THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS REALIZED THEY COULD GET SOMETHING JUST AS FUN AND AS VALUABLE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Topps is playing a very dangerous game and I strongly believe that National Treasures is the start. Panini, Leaf, UD, have all been trying to get into the game, but none had the "right" product for that push till NT came out.

Makes me wonder if Topps even spends the time to do market research and hear what their customers are saying. If they are, they would be far more transparent than they are now (which isn't at all quite honestly).
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedliquids View Post
I believe the lack of transparency from Topps customer service is probably one of the most aggrevating things to deal with.

I also believe it's a growing concern in our community when redemptions are constantly placed into products and with the lack of communication from Topps, I have to admit that I feel more and more that redemptions are placed into product with no actual plans to fullfill them.

I no longer complain to Topps anymore as by doing so is an immense waste of time (evidenced by the OP's post). On hold for 45 minutes? No way. Not going to do it.

The frustration level that we have is undeniable, especially with many of you purchasing boxes or cases in excess of several hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

I believe Topps does not understand that with hardcore collectors like us, whom are the cream of their customer base, has no problem to purchase other products like National Treasures. Any owner of a business that observed an unlicensed product take off like NT, SHOULD be alarmed.

Take Apple as an example. Although I hate analogies, at this time, it's the best. There was no way in hell that they were going to hold the 75% market share of smartphones as they had. But quarter over quarter, that number has been shrinking AS THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS REALIZED THEY COULD GET SOMETHING JUST AS FUN AND AS VALUABLE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Topps is playing a very dangerous game and I strongly believe that National Treasures is the start. Panini, Leaf, UD, have all been trying to get into the game, but none had the "right" product for that push till NT came out.

Makes me wonder if Topps even spends the time to do market research and hear what their customers are saying. If they are, they would be far more transparent than they are now (which isn't at all quite honestly).
They don't have to: Monoply
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^^great post. There is no way I would be on hold for 45 minutes. The OP exhibited plenty of patience in this situation.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
They don't have to: Monoply
No, they don't have to - doesn't matter if it's a monopoly or not; it's about business practices.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^great post. There is no way I would be on hold for 45 minutes. The OP exhibited plenty of patience in this situation.
And I was nothing but nice to the people I spoke to. Even though the first guy was extremely rude to me and the woman I spoke offered absolutely nothing for information. I was furious when I got off the phone. Actually, this next part is my favorite part, when I called Topps Corporate and was sent to a voicemail, right after the beep...I made a loooong, rather loud sigh......I figured that was the best message I could leave for whoever listens to it.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

This doesn't make me feel good about getting my 2010 bowman chrome strasburg auto
barry6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

I always want to tweet them links of these forums and see if they reply to me.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #43 (permalink)

I've been waiting on a Jose Fernandez Redemption for what will be 7 weeks on Thursday. Its really annoying knowing that they have been live for what seems like forever
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #44 (permalink)

I agree, wickedliquid... I'm a perfect example. I'm a collector, not a flipper or prospector, and I have a pretty strict "no non-licensed cards" policy when it comes to my collecting. Just a personal preference. But when I saw National Treasures I as impressed and I had two thoughts...

1) Man, them be some nice-looking cards
2) Topps is in serious trouble if they ever loose there MLB exclusivity

I'm sure Panini and others are just waiting for the moment MLB sees that other companies are out there, ready to offer up serious competition.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
I've thought about that too...I would be willing to say, "no."
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
Psshh, they NEVER reply to my tweets....They actually rarely reply to an tweets that contain a question. And when they do reply it looks like this...."feel you, but cant react to every voice, you have opinion we respect it, will factor it in like all others." or....."team is aware needs to get done" or......"please contact our customer service team" or......"hmmm not sure, will check with team" And that's just a TINY example.

This is Topps in regards to Addison Russell redemptions "...but understand frustration, we want these guys to sign, we push for sessions, takes 2 to tango "
Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #47 (permalink)

Here's another thing that's irritating...."Alert- Topps 1 Silver Slate wrapper redemption packs arrived, will start to ship out later this week! Thanks for patience, ENJOY!"

Soo.......how about those Prospect Challenge Blue Wave Packs from NOVEMBER.....
Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #48 (permalink)

Topps CS is the number one reason why I stopped bying anything they make. If I do buy something, it will be singles and no redemptions. Topps is a joke.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

CS may suck (I have never dealt with them). But what about the players that aren't signing? Didn't they sign a contract saying they would sign (Apparently the only sig they have given)? Are they completely off the hook? Does Topps need to file a suit against them to make sure they sign? I have no idea.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
CS may suck (I have never dealt with them). But what about the players that aren't signing? Didn't they sign a contract saying they would sign (Apparently the only sig they have given)? Are they completely off the hook? Does Topps need to file a suit against them to make sure they sign? I have no idea.
A lot of these are guys available when Spring Training starts. They have no problem making time for photo shoots etc. I absolutely 100% think the reason these guys aren't signing is due to pure laziness on Topps' part. It's Spring Training...absolutely NO reason Topps can't get these guys to sign. They had no problem catching up with Cespedes at Spring Training. Why couldn't they get Addison Russell? Because they really don't give a rat's slice of cheese.