Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
I always want to tweet them links of these forums and see if they reply to me.
I did this once about the diamond cutting on a lot of the 2012 chrome refractor autos. I got an email from customer service offering to replace the cards, and they had my tweet deleted within about 20 minutes. When I asked customer service what I needed to do to replace the cards I got no response.
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
CS may suck (I have never dealt with them). But what about the players that aren't signing? Didn't they sign a contract saying they would sign (Apparently the only sig they have given)? Are they completely off the hook? Does Topps need to file a suit against them to make sure they sign? I have no idea.
Its not always the player's fault. Sometimes the player's agent and Topps will make a deal, but the player is never told about it
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #53 (permalink)

As far as the Addison Russell autos, he is on twitter and actually responds on occassion to fans. Like one person said, you had have better results asking the player if they had signed the cards or even gotten them.
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Its not always the player's fault. Sometimes the player's agent and Topps will make a deal, but the player is never told about it
I didn't know this. If the agent agrees to it, and the player signs off on it, then maybe Topps needs to got on them. Don't pay them until they have signed. This isn't going to affect guys that make millions of dollars, but it will affect the younger guys.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
A lawsuit sounds nice but it would be interstate and cost 5x as much to pursue than it's worth. They know it; I know it so I'll just wait until they either send them out or I snap.

Time will tell.
Perhaps next time record the conversation. Not in writing...but a sound clip can do wonders. Best of luck to you man. Your situation is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
card_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
How could the player not know,he has to sign the contract with topps.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
How could the player not know,he has to sign the contract with topps.
They're 18-19 year old kids. Not the most responsible of sorts. And I assure you, they're signing their name to a lot of things.

Further, it's wholly possible the agent has power of attorney in terms of licensing, so the player may not have actually signed.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by card_monk View Post
Perhaps next time record the conversation. Not in writing...but a sound clip can do wonders. Best of luck to you man. Your situation is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
Be careful of the legality of recording a conversation in your state.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
I agree, wickedliquid... I'm a perfect example. I'm a collector, not a flipper or prospector, and I have a pretty strict "no non-licensed cards" policy when it comes to my collecting. Just a personal preference. But when I saw National Treasures I as impressed and I had two thoughts...

1) Man, them be some nice-looking cards
2) Topps is in serious trouble if they ever loose there MLB exclusivity

I'm sure Panini and others are just waiting for the moment MLB sees that other companies are out there, ready to offer up serious competition.
I just hope Panini doesn't get that license. Topps is baseball cards. Just fix your damn CS Topps.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

Topps addresses the redemption problem at the convention once a year,it seems to have gotten worse every year. If it wasn't for baseball cards,they'd be out of business.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #61 (permalink)

Tyrell Jenkins had no idea he had to sign his Platinum autos, until I told them about it. Topps jumped in and still nothing
Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Wow Butt kissers on Topps' Twitter. Guy asked if Addison Russell has signed. Topps replies no and that they are working on sessions. Moron replies "Nice! Keep up the great work. Your products are the best!"
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #63 (permalink)

Yep, been waiting on a Museum Collection Willie Mays/Hank Aaron Dual AUTO. Can't believe they can't get two 80-year olds to sign this card. Mays has signed, but not Aaron. Send him the 15 damn cards to sign!!! He's signed for Heritage and others. Why not send all the on-card cards at one time. Common sense!!!
2009 National Treasures Retired Signature Autographs
2005 Upper Deck Heroes Header Autographs
joecarterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarterfan View Post
Yep, been waiting on a Museum Collection Willie Mays/Hank Aaron Dual AUTO. Can't believe they can't get two 80-year olds to sign this card. Mays has signed, but not Aaron. Send him the 15 damn cards to sign!!! He's signed for Heritage and others. Why not send all the on-card cards at one time. Common sense!!!
Topps will reply "That's not how it works, but understand your frustration."
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Be careful of the legality of recording a conversation in your state.
As a journalism student, you most likely are legally allowed to record, wheareas it is more of a matter of ethics. It is ALWAYS safe to mention that you are recording.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarterfan View Post
Keep tweeting, I have your back buddy. I don't use twitter so I'm borrowing a buddy's handle.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

I just don't understand it. It's not Player X who no one cares about. It's Hank "Freakin" Aaron. You can locate him and have him sign 15 cards.
2009 National Treasures Retired Signature Autographs
2005 Upper Deck Heroes Header Autographs
joecarterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Wow Butt kissers on Topps' Twitter. Guy asked if Addison Russell has signed. Topps replies no and that they are working on sessions. Moron replies "Nice! Keep up the great work. Your products are the best!"
He's probably a member of Topps Five Star Club and can't say anything negative about them
Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to triplehattrick2 Send a message via MSN to triplehattrick2 Send a message via Yahoo to triplehattrick2 Send a message via Skype™ to triplehattrick2

Well Ive been getting into it with topps myself. Ive had countless issues with them, redemptions with codes that dont work, redemptions that have been pending for over a year. And i have friends and customers with the same issues. I just posted this link to their twitter account. Im putting them on blast right now. Sick of getting the BS "dm us your number bull sh!t"

I go by SV, i have not bought a beckett in years. No Point in trading a card that sells for 20 and books 100 for a card that books 100 and sells 100.
triplehattrick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplehattrick2 View Post
Well Ive been getting into it with topps myself. I just posted this to their twitter account. Im putting them on blast right now. Sick of getting the BS "dm us your number bull sh!t"
Lol that's you they keep saying it to? Angel or something?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Well Ive been getting into it with topps myself. Ive had countless issues with them, redemptions with codes that dont work, redemptions that have been pending for over a year. And i have friends and customers with the same issues. I just posted this link to their twitter account. Im putting them on blast right now. Sick of getting the BS "dm us your number bull sh!t"
I think I'm replying to the same post as you...@84ironhide. I FINALLY got an answer about the Cabrera Triple Crown Relic Card.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #72 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to triplehattrick2 Send a message via MSN to triplehattrick2 Send a message via Yahoo to triplehattrick2 Send a message via Skype™ to triplehattrick2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I think I'm replying to the same post as you...@84ironhide. I FINALLY got an answer about the Cabrera Triple Crown Relic Card.

Yup thats me.

I go by SV, i have not bought a beckett in years. No Point in trading a card that sells for 20 and books 100 for a card that books 100 and sells 100.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup thats me.
I'm sorry man, it isn't fair that this happens to everyone!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsfan View Post
I'm sorry man, it isn't fair that this happens to everyone!

Oh i know, its topps in general. But you have to make it public to get a response out of them now days.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #75 (permalink)

Think about this for a second. Alot of people who collect cards spends thousands for dollars a year on Topps Products, heck even to get a decent deal you presale a case or 2 to save a few bucks only to get a SWEET CARD THAT IS A REDEMPTION. Oh Yeah, and you will have to wait LIKE UNTIL THEY FEEL LIKE SENDING IT up to a year. Kind of like the IRS or something. What a Joke! MLB NFL needs to step in and due some Quality Control.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote