Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thanks for making me feel better Topps!

Not. I called regarding some redemptions I've been waiting on as well as some other things. First person I spoke to was rather rude to me. And told me "It's none of your business." in regards to Addison Russell and when he will sign. I asked to speak to a supervisor where I spent 45 minutes on hold before finally hanging up. My GF was rather...upset about the situation so she took it upon herself to call them back and ask for a supervisor, they told her he was busy with someone else but asked what she had questions about. She gives me the phone and I get nothing but generic answers. I asked about Addison Russell and she had no answer. I then asked about the Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Relic cards from 2013 Topps Series 1. She said, "They are probably waiting on the materials and relic to make the cards." To which I replied, "Topps has had the materials since the first week of February...so.....they have everything they need." She replied "Then yeah the card is in the process of being made." But she didn't know. She said it would be shipped out when the card is live. Yeah that was no help at all. I asked her why it wasn't a priority. She said they have a lot going on. I said I know, and that it doesn't take that long to produce a card seeing as how Gypsy Queen is already being printed. She replies, "Well, there will be redemptions in Gypsy Queen, but the redemptions that come before it like the Cabrera Triple Crown card will take priority over the Gypsy Queen redemptions." What?????? How is that an answer? So great, that means more redemptions to possibly be stuck with. I received ZIP for answers. And now only have even MORE questions. Well I ended up calling Corporate. Spoke to the operator who transferred me to..............Customer Service. Better yet.......it wanted me to leave a voice mail. So I......hung up. I feel so much better now knowing I have spent my money for the last 20 years on a company that TRULY does care about its customers!

Discuss.

EDIT: Why is it that Panini, Leaf and Rize can get Addison Russell to sign but Topps can't?

Last edited by Davesportscards; 03-13-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Not. I called regarding some redemptions I've been waiting on as well as some other things. First person I spoke to was rather rude to me. And told me "It's none of your business." in regards to Addison Russell and when he will sign. I asked to speak to a supervisor where I spent 45 minutes on hold before finally hanging up. My GF was rather...upset about the situation so she took it upon herself to call them back and ask for a supervisor, they told her he was busy with someone else but asked what she had questions about. She gives me the phone and I get nothing but generic answers. I asked about Addison Russell and she had no answer. I then asked about the Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Relic cards from 2013 Topps Series 1. She said, "They are probably waiting on the materials and relic to make the cards." To which I replied, "Topps has had the materials since the first week of February...so.....they have everything they need." She replied "Then yeah the card is in the process of being made." But she didn't know. She said it would be shipped out when the card is live. Yeah that was no help at all. I asked her why it wasn't a priority. She said they have a lot going on. I said I know, and that it doesn't take that long to produce a card seeing as how Gypsy Queen is already being printed. She replies, "Well, there will be redemptions in Gypsy Queen, but the redemptions that come before it like the Cabrera Triple Crown card will take priority over the Gypsy Queen redemptions." What?????? How is that an answer? So great, that means more redemptions to possibly be stuck with. I received ZIP for answers. And now only have even MORE questions. Well I ended up calling Corporate. Spoke to the operator who transferred me to..............Customer Service. Better yet.......it wanted me to leave a voice mail. So I......hung up. I feel so much better now knowing I have spent my money for the last 20 years on a company that TRULY does care about its customers!

Discuss.
Like my 2012 Tribute Kemp redemption that they lost, then didnt want the tracking to show someone at topps signed for it, then they sent me a 2010
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Like my 2012 Tribute Kemp redemption that they lost, then didnt want the tracking to show someone at topps signed for it, then they sent me a 2010
What the crap!?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've decided that I will not redeem anything with Topps unless and until there are people receiving their redemptions. Otherwise I will hold onto unredeemed redemptions and if the time to sell (for a prospect) is here it'll be selling the redemption. It's just too big a risk to count on Topps (or Panini for that matter).
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
I've decided that I will not redeem anything with Topps unless and until there are people receiving their redemptions. Otherwise I will hold onto unredeemed redemptions and if the time to sell (for a prospect) is here it'll be selling the redemption. It's just too big a risk to count on Topps (or Panini for that matter).
That's what I'm doing now for a Darvish BC Auto and Harper BC Gold Ref Auto. Too high a risk and I'm sure the replacements they send would be horrible.
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've been told by Topps three times now that they simply refuse shipment of my redemptions.

I have dozens of Middlebrooks and Bauer RC autos from Chrome that have been live until December ... as well as Shaffers and Lights from Draft.

They just sit as pending since the day I entered them.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
I've been told by Topps three times now that they simply refuse shipment of my redemptions.

I have dozens of Middlebrooks and Bauer RC autos from Chrome that have been live until December ... as well as Shaffers and Lights from Draft.

What does "refuse shipment" mean? They are intentionally holding on to it because the belong to you?!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Why is that?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
Did that for a Will Middlebrooks Chrome auto, going on 4 weeks now and still pending
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Not. I called regarding some redemptions I've been waiting on as well as some other things. First person I spoke to was rather rude to me. And told me "It's none of your business." in regards to Addison Russell and when he will sign.
Ten to one you have a better chance of getting a useful answer from Addison Russell than from Topps.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

How about we all quit buying their products so they can get caught up with all they have going on. Then maybe they can take care of the redemptions from three years ago, and not have to worry about more piling up on top. We would be doing this to help them out, so what do you all think?
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
What does "refuse shipment" mean? They are intentionally holding on to it because the belong to you?!
Because I've ripped so many cases of Draft and Chrome, and thus entered so many redemptions; they've asked I sign a waiver first not holding them accountable for any poor replacements (Paxton most likely won't be coming) AND agree to stop entering redemptions for 2012 products.

Until I do this (which I won't), they said I will not receive my cards. That simple.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Because I've ripped so many cases of Draft and Chrome, and thus entered so many redemptions; they've asked I sign a waiver first not holding them accountable for any poor replacements (Paxton most likely won't be coming) AND agree to stop entering redemptions for 2012 products.

Until I do this (which I won't), they said I will not receive my cards. That simple.
WTF? That is so wrong to treat a "high-end" customer like yourself...wow...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have that in writing like an e-mail or something I'd be giving that to some kind of reporter or something. That's so unethical it's not even funny.

Does Topps ever really get bad publicity other than on forums?
RipitRipken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Heh, I'm not sure what to do just yet. The weeks have passed and I've almost expected my cards to eventually show up but this has been going on since early January and they've held true to their word.

I too have Orange and Gold Darvish and Harpers (and a lot of Blue) so while the Bauer's and Middlebrooks not showing up are blah / the next batch will likely get me angry.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipitRipken View Post
If you have that in writing like an e-mail or something I'd be giving that to some kind of reporter or something. That's so unethical it's not even funny.

Does Topps ever really get bad publicity other than on forums?
All over the phone. They do not respond to emails so they know what they're doin!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Heh, I'm not sure what to do just yet. The weeks have passed and I've almost expected my cards to eventually show up but this has been going on since early January and they've held true to their word.

I too have Orange and Gold Darvish and Harpers (and a lot of Blue) so while the Bauer's and Middlebrooks not showing up are blah / the next batch will likely get me angry.
Seems like you need to get the BBB involved. I remember reading people doing that with UD and it worked (they got their redemptions).
Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

My lord that is definitely not morally right, and not legal! Threaten a false advertisement lawsuit yet?

That's terrible!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
All over the phone. They do not respond to emails so they know what they're doin!
How are you supposed to get the waiver to sign? I'd have them send it for review, it has to say something about the terms you're agreeing to.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

How do you know James Paxton isnt signing? GUy just signed his Platinums!?!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
How are you supposed to get the waiver to sign? I'd have them send it for review, it has to say something about the terms you're agreeing to.
If I agreed ... I'm sure they would email or registered mail it to me / but I'm not the guy to post that online (because I'm sure they'll be something in there about that too).

As for Paxton / the clock is already almost out in terms of the first six months and I've been told the cards are still not yet out for signing (which means at the very least, another 4-6 months).
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

My main thing here is, what is the difference in 1 man submitting a ton of redemptions, and say, 300 other individual collectors pulling these and redeeming them? Hell, Topps should be happy that they only have to send them all to 1 address!!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

Seems like there would be a very simple work-around to that dilemma...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
If I agreed ... I'm sure they would email or registered mail it to me / but I'm not the guy to post that online (because I'm sure they'll be something in there about that too).

As for Paxton / the clock is already almost out in terms of the first six months and I've been told the cards are still not yet out for signing (which means at the very least, another 4-6 months).
Just say, "I can't agree until I read what I'm signing." Don't post it online, but keep it for your records.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hi Needs... that seriously sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'd look into that. I agree with DOUGSEVIER54, who cares if your sending 5 or 50... they will ending up redeeming the same amount in the end.

When I call Comcast, I fully expect to speak to some ay-hole halfway across the continent and get zero useful help... but not from Topps. And yet, I get the same lousy, unfriendly, almost hostile customer service from them.

If you can't get Player X to sign at the time of production, don't have them as part of the checklist.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote