Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
lakesidez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 2,254
Default

I just had 500 cards go live and in the first 4 hours of going live (aka after I priced) I had sold $75 worth of cards. In my eyes, sweet, since otherwise these would just sit in my closet. I don't have time to list\scan all this lower end stuff and for me it's a great place to unload this crap, otherwise I hate to admit it but I would throw away garbage bags of lower end rookies\prospects, etc, just no use for the crap singles. And yeah maybe they would go up in price some day when they produce, but I ma not a CARD HORDER, get it out sell it and move on, haha.

And yes the cards that don't go to COMC or my own collection go to the trash, base is trash, and pretty much 99% of everything a person gets in a pack. We all have different ways of looking at things, my cards fill the landfill, lol.

And yes I also throw out $20 bills as I am driving down the road........boom!

It's have a laugh Friday.....

Last edited by lakesidez; 03-15-2013 at 02:23 PM.
lakesidez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,245
Default

I have thrown out cases worth of base. I stopped recently when I saw what 2011 Chrome Trout RCs and 2010 Ginter Posey RCs were selling for. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidez View Post
I just had 500 cards go live and in the first 4 hours of going live (aka after I priced) I had sold $75 worth of cards. In my eyes, sweet, since otherwise these would just sit in my closet. I don't have time to list\scan all this lower end stuff and for me it's a great place to unload this crap, otherwise I hate to admit it but I would throw away garbage bags of lower end rookies\prospects, etc, just no use for the crap singles. And yeah maybe they would go up in price some day when they produce, but I ma not a CARD HORDER, get it out sell it and move on, haha.

And yes the cards that don't go to COMC or my own collection go to the trash, base is trash, and pretty much 99% of everything a person gets in a pack. We all have different ways of looking at things, my cards fill the landfill, lol.

And yes I also throw out $20 bills as I am driving down the road........boom!

It's have a laugh Friday.....
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Clermont
Posts: 699
Default

Man you guys that throw out base, I would take them.
__________________
Collecting Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Will Clark, Brandon Crawford, Brandon Belt, Giants prospects and anything I need to complete my sets
patricksb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,501
Default

Can you sell sets or "lots"?
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
rolewiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Rust Belt
Posts: 153
Default

You're not stuck. You can always unlist your cards and have them mailed back.
__________________
plaingrayswatch.blogspot.com
rolewiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
rolewiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Rust Belt
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
I have thrown out cases worth of base. I stopped recently when I saw what 2011 Chrome Trout RCs and 2010 Ginter Posey RCs were selling for. Jesus.
Wow, if you're going to throw them out, you could at least donate them to kids or something.
__________________
plaingrayswatch.blogspot.com
rolewiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolewiii View Post
Wow, if you're going to throw them out, you could at least donate them to kids or something.
That's what I mean by throw them out. 9 year old down the street. Tryin to get him into baseball. He prefers NASCAR and my own kids are both under 3.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,245
Default

Does COMC usually take the full month to get cards posted to your account? First time I submitted this past week...
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 233
Default

I just checked out there site. It explains almost everything very well. I also checked and if you live in the area of Redmond, WA, you can drop them off in person too.
speed_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
foreverLFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 978
Default

so it says it costs 25 cents per card for a 1 month turn around. so if i want to send in lets say 1000 cards. i'm going to have to pay $250 upfront?
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post
so it says it costs 25 cents per card for a 1 month turn around. so if i want to send in lets say 1000 cards. i'm going to have to pay $250 upfront?
That's correct.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
I dont think there is a bulk edit, but honestly I can do around 50 prices in a minute. Doesnt take long at all as long as my comp is working smoothly
Bulk Price Editing (Beta) | COMC Blog
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 853
Send a message via AIM to yazevans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
Does COMC usually take the full month to get cards posted to your account? First time I submitted this past week...
Depends on their backlog, sometimes they'll post a few days early but it's very rarely late.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/parentc1
yazevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
Does COMC usually take the full month to get cards posted to your account? First time I submitted this past week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
Depends on their backlog, sometimes they'll post a few days early but it's very rarely late.
Yeah, in my experience, it's almost always a couple of days early, but never more than that. The "percent complete" stat that's listed next to each incoming batch on your Dashboard can be a bit misleading; cards will often sit at 35% complete for a week or more, then jump to 80% overnight, then sit at 80% for another week. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future they ditch the percentages and move to a more descriptive, "stage"-based notification system ("This batch is being scanned," "This batch has been scanned and is now moving through the identification process," etc.).
mschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Clermont
Posts: 699
Default

To the guys that throw out base: if you don't want them I will take them off your hands for a price we can both be happy with.
__________________
Collecting Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Will Clark, Brandon Crawford, Brandon Belt, Giants prospects and anything I need to complete my sets
patricksb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
rickyjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,182
Default

sent out two of the 20 dollar off coupons ... first to pm me i will ship another for free in a pwe ..
rickyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.