Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenineeightsix View Post
I thought it was already determined that this patch was from this jersey he wore as Manager for the Reds.

That is different than the one in the hunt auctions page? lol.. once again not machine sewed though.. I don't think a team had any modern day type uniforms until the late 1960's
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
this patch did not come from that jersey. You can clearly see machine sewed edges on the patch and a gray polyester or nylon swatch underneath. The edges of that jersey are also dark blue.. not red

EDIT: It is possible what appears to be gray in the scan is possibly dark blue.. however there are still no machine sewed edges in the hunt jersey.

Well, with the picture from the Hunt Auction its tough to tell, but it definitely looks like the numbers on the back of the jersey resemble a smilier stitch pattern.

At the end of the day, regardless if the patch is from the jersey, it is not inconceivable for a card company to make a mistake when they are making thousands and thousands of cards. To say that it is an intentional scheme to rip off the collectors is pretty bold based on just one card. This is not to say that I believe every card to be authentic as I know when looking at Topps products, you can find many similar examples of the above.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am sure he wore it at some event or they laid it on his body in his coffin or some crazy stuff like that. The authenticity statements on the cards these days is so vague who knows.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
Old 03-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubs4life View Post
Well, with the picture from the Hunt Auction its tough to tell, but it definitely looks like the numbers on the back of the jersey resemble a smilier stitch pattern.

At the end of the day, regardless if the patch is from the jersey, it is not inconceivable for a card company to make a mistake when they are making thousands and thousands of cards. To say that it is an intentional scheme to rip off the collectors is pretty bold based on just one card. This is not to say that I believe every card to be authentic as I know when looking at Topps products, you can find many similar examples of the above.
It's a long pattern and is starting to get to me. Clearly fake bat patches, the situation with topps on the Lou Gehrig item (although I give them props for what they did)... UD being investigated for fake memorabilia by the FBI.... it gets to you.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
I am sure he wore it at some event or they laid it on his body in his coffin or some crazy stuff like that. The authenticity statements on the cards these days is so vague who knows.
The NT cards say "Authentic Game Used" right on the front of the card. This is the most they have said in a long time.

Recent years we get things like "Swatch Guaranteed by Panini America" or "This relic was not used in any specific game, season, or event"
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #31 (permalink)

If the owner is unhappy, I will take the card, sell it for a couple hundred, and help everyone move on. Please PM me either way, thanks!

http://s1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576/boomersooner405/
Old 03-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Simple fact is 99% card collectors are clueless to the game used market and card companies know it.

Just shows it here. People here have no idea what materials and tags were used on old school stuff. They think jerseys used today were same as those in 1950's...
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

This is from the Hunt auction

now have a look at this hornsby
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/4476305-post2.html

So , at the least, I understand why people believe the patch in the OP is from the same jersey.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
This is from the Hunt auction

now have a look at this hornsby
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/4476305-post2.html

So , at the least, I understand why people believe the patch in the OP is from the same jersey.
i fully believe that jersey was used however.. as already stated that jersey is not machine sewed.. and does not have a polyester/nylon patch on it lol

Important to point out... hunt does not certify that jersey as game used.. instead calling it "professional model". Could this be how they label GU materials? I do not know, but important to note IMO

Last edited by Imac7065; 03-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

How do you wake up and function every day with this much stupidity rattling around your brain Jeremy?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Can anyone prove this is fake or you all just speculating
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Can anyone prove this is fake or you all just speculating
Sadly nothing can be "proven".. only logic can show that the jersey patch in the OP does not match the jersey shown as the one people think was cut up to make this card.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm really a piece of work man.. wow
I know you are. Guy gives a legit question/comment and you troll him. Looks real to me.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Sadly nothing can be "proven".. only logic can show that the jersey patch in the OP does not match the jersey shown as the one people think was cut up to make this card.
Without an up close picture of the jersey in the auction, it can not even be proven that the card and the jersey do not match.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I know you are. Guy gives a legit question/comment and you troll him. Looks real to me.
His "legit" question was trolling. Apparently you can't read the rest of his posts or just aren't aware of his history. That guy is a long term troll
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Matches up to me. I believe it is real, as a third party not involved in whatever spat you guys are going on about.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #42 (permalink)

God Imac, you are such an idiot.

Yes, that is my only contribution to this thread because there is no sense trying to convince you that you are wrong.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
His "legit" question was trolling. Apparently you can't read the rest of his posts or just aren't aware of his history. That guy is a long term troll
Only you think he trolls. Everyone thinks you troll. Hence you are known as the biggest troll on the site. You literally call people trolls if they don't agree with you. It's getting real annoying how you act on this site. You report people for doing things that you do. You have some ego and man it's annoying. Just be normal. I tried staying away but man it gets annoying.

Sorry for moving away from the point of the thread. It just needed to be said.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
i fully believe that jersey was used however.. as already stated that jersey is not machine sewed.. and does not have a polyester/nylon patch on it lol

Important to point out... hunt does not certify that jersey as game used.. instead calling it "professional model". Could this be how they label GU materials? I do not know, but important to note IMO
As stated by you. Who is not in possession of the card and can somehow define with absolute certainty that the patch is made of polyester/nylon.

I freely admit I have no knowledge about whether or not machine stitching was used at that time. I can, however, see a white shadow every where in between the red and (blue/gray) pieces of the jersey number in the hunt listing. Zooming does not provide enough detail to see whats goin on there though.

The other point you make about how hunt lists it is interesting.

55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
Closed Thread