Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
Good ole Bankstons, those 3 magic / Star Wars geeks couldn't fill up a team bag if they combined their hobby knowledge.
I don't know about any of that, but the guy that helped me with my cards certainly wasn't making the blemishes up. If you've got other Central Texas options I'm all ears.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
I took the cards to the LCS to get holders, and while doing so the guy helping me noticed some small scuffing and a tiny foil stamp notch on the front of the card.
Do you have a scan of this path of destruction?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Just my 2 cents but I think not every card will be perfect and this is why card companies handle replacements the way they do. I could understand if the card had a huge blemish but a minor blem I would of not sent it in.
chadc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
If all cards came out of a product a perfect 10, than high BGS grades wouldn't be valuable.
This all day! ^^^^
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

The spots on Williams' chin/jaw, above the "ON" in Boston. Those are spots on the surface where it looks like the sheen and ink has been scuffed off. The foil stamp (same as the the NT logo) is on the bat, right under the shadow.

I realize they are small spots, and I realize virtually all of you wouldn't have sent the card back. Boasting about it really isn't helpful. If Panini wants to send it back, they can.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
XL5

If you bought it on the secondary market, I can see requesting a return for undisclosed damage but for a pack pulled 6/9 Williams relic, it's just not enough to return it IMO.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
If you bought it on the secondary market, I can see requesting a return for undisclosed damage but for a pack pulled 6/9 Williams relic, it's just not enough to return it IMO.
Well and reasonably said
I wouldn't have returned it either especially because they may choose to replace it with something else.

Attacking and belittling a member over a question he felt was reasonable seems to be the norm around here now...
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
The spots on Williams' chin/jaw, above the "ON" in Boston. Those are spots on the surface where it looks like the sheen and ink has been scuffed off. The foil stamp (same as the the NT logo) is on the bat, right under the shadow.

I realize they are small spots, and I realize virtually all of you wouldn't have sent the card back. Boasting about it really isn't helpful. If Panini wants to send it back, they can.
Now that I have seen the pictures, it makes even less sense that you sent it in.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Now that I have seen the pictures, it makes even less sense that you sent it in.
Made sense to me at the time. Maybe Panini will be cool and just send it back.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #35 (permalink)

It's a wonder CS departments are backed up.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craines27mc View Post
It's a wonder CS departments are backed up.
Pointless when it was said earlier. Even more so now...
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #37 (permalink)

Like I said .. They are gonna laugh at you when they open that up. Your LCS owner is an idiot.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #38 (permalink)

You are a frigging idiot.

The value of this card will drop while it is in Panini's hands. When they send it back to you as not replaceable after a year or so then you will be lucky to get 60% of what it is worth today.

Guy's like you that complain over something so minor are what screw up the manufacturers for the rest of us that have legitimate issues.

I have blocked you from buying anything from me on Ebay because I don't want to have any unnecessary returns when an item shows up as less than a BGS 9.5.

Hope that Panini does replace your card with a plain white jersey swatch of a scrub numbered to 5 - it would serve you right.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
You are a frigging idiot.

The value of this card will drop while it is in Panini's hands. When they send it back to you as not replaceable after a year or so then you will be lucky to get 60% of what it is worth today.

Guy's like you that complain over something so minor are what screw up the manufacturers for the rest of us that have legitimate issues.

I have blocked you from buying anything from me on Ebay because I don't want to have any unnecessary returns when an item shows up as less than a BGS 9.5.

Hope that Panini does replace your card with a plain white jersey swatch of a scrub numbered to 5 - it would serve you right.
Another internet tough guy right here. How about instead of you calling the guy names, and assuming what his intentions were, and or would be. You just bite your tongue, and just move on from contributing to his post. You apparently have no constructive insight in to his matter. So you just felt the need to stick your chest out, and bash him. Pretty sad if that's what you need to help your man card pass.

Good luck OP on the outcome, hopefully at worse they send you your card back in the same condition it left you. And at best, well you just let us know...Keep us posted on how the situation turns out.
MacIrish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #40 (permalink)

Some people may not have been stating their opinions as tactfully as they should have in this thread, but that card would have had to look like this:

for me to send it back.

I'll always respond, whether it's good news or bad news.
TheLastDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #41 (permalink)

Hey bud if you get that card back, I will gladly work out a deal with you. As someone who is doing the greatness prime set, I sure hope they don't destroy one of the 9 Teddy Ballgames.