Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #226 (permalink)

So they added the 18th ranked prospect of the Mariners, and we're supposed to be excited?

Sigh
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbinvestments View Post
Careful now....I love some 2011 Rays Autos.....Guerrieri, Hager, Goeddel, Snell, Martin all solid...could've done without Harris.
Lol I wasn't saying they were bad additions at all, well aside from Harris at this point, just saying that 7 prospect autos from one team in ALOT. There just happened to be a ton of good Rays that year
jswest18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
So they added the 18th ranked prospect of the Mariners, and we're supposed to be excited?

Sigh
Can someone confirm Henry Owens already so we can make this man happy?!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Can someone confirm Henry Owens already so we can make this man happy?!
Not even that, this list is loaded already. But Patrick whatever, hes nothing to be excited about.

People ask who are the ones that will be the Kevan Smiths of this years? He's gonna be one of them.

Whoopie
Old 03-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Not even that, this list is loaded already. But Patrick whatever, hes nothing to be excited about.

People ask who are the ones that will be the Kevan Smiths of this years? He's gonna be one of them.

Whoopie
Lets not go this far now. The kid was a monster at Rutgers and has a chance at being a decent MLB player. Issue is his age. Hes already 23/24 and in Single A.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #231 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow815 View Post
Lets not go this far now. The kid was a monster at Rutgers and has a chance at being a decent MLB player. Issue is his age. Hes already 23/24 and in Single A.
As are strikeouts.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #232 (permalink)

Need a splash for the Redsox. Ranaudo would certainly qualify. Owens would be great, but at least he's already got a USA chrome auto. I would assume that even if JBJ starts the season in Boston it will be too late to include him as a RC auto
mredsox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #233 (permalink)

wish evan gattis would get added
bankdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankdawg View Post
wish evan gattis would get added
He's been great since coming back on the scene and I like him a lot but he likely won't see the field as more than a bench player for the next 3 years at least if ever. He has no place in the OF and even if McCann doesn't get re-signed, I doubt very seriously the Braves would start him over Bethancourt. If they did it would be short term.

All that said, I doubt Bowman would want to include him.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswest18 View Post
He's been great since coming back on the scene and I like him a lot but he likely won't see the field as more than a bench player for the next 3 years at least if ever. He has no place in the OF and even if McCann doesn't get re-signed, I doubt very seriously the Braves would start him over Bethancourt. If they did it would be short term.

All that said, I doubt Bowman would want to include him.
He made the 25 man roster as Braves back-up catcher. While Betancourt has incredible defensive skills he still hasn't proven himself as even an average hitter. He won't be ready for another year but if he never learns to hit it's possible Gattis would become our everyday catcher when McCann leaves, especially if he is hitting like he has been in spring training. If Betancourt is able to learn to hit by next season it's possible Gattis would be traded to a team where he can play everyday.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
He made the 25 man roster as Braves back-up catcher. While Betancourt has incredible defensive skills he still hasn't proven himself as even an average hitter. He won't be ready for another year but if he never learns to hit it's possible Gattis would become our everyday catcher when McCann leaves, especially if he is hitting like he has been in spring training. If Betancourt is able to learn to hit by next season it's possible Gattis would be traded to a team where he can play everyday.
Yes I know he's the back up catcher for now although he probably won't be once McCann returns. I agree it is possible that Gattis could take the job indefinitely over Bethancourt if McCann is not re-signed. If he keeps hitting the way he has been then I would say it's likely. My point is that as of right now Gattis still doesn't project short or long term as anything other than a back up for the Braves and he's not drawing a ton of interest as of yet from other teams. Bowman, being a prospect driven product, probably wouldn't want to add him in light of that.

I'm a Braves fan as well and I would love it if he turns into Piazza Jr. He's a really nice guy and has a great story.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswest18 View Post
Yes I know he's the back up catcher for now although he probably won't be once McCann returns. I agree it is possible that Gattis could take the job indefinitely over Bethancourt if McCann is not re-signed. If he keeps hitting the way he has been then I would say it's likely. My point is that as of right now Gattis still doesn't project short or long term as anything other than a back up for the Braves and he's not drawing a ton of interest as of yet from other teams. Bowman, being a prospect driven product, probably wouldn't want to add him in light of that.

I'm a Braves fan as well and I would love it if he turns into Piazza Jr. He's a really nice guy and has a great story.
As a Braves fan I'd still love to have an autographed card from him.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
As a Braves fan I'd still love to have an autographed card from him.
I don't disagree, I was just saying that I don't think he profiles well for Bowman. Maybe he'll have a chance to kill it this year or next and we'll get a RC auto.

I got a ball signed him at ST this year btw!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #239 (permalink)

Gattis seems like a Topps Chrome guy to me
Old 03-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #240 (permalink)

No Clint coulter? Dang thought he'd have one in here since his elite autos gets a lot of love. I coached against Clint when he was at Union High School in Vancouver and that kid can absolutely mash a baseball. Plus I remember his coach (ex major leaguer Tom lampkin) tell us at the league meeting that Clint had 0 kids steal bases on him in his high school career.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredsox89 View Post
Need a splash for the Redsox. Ranaudo would certainly qualify. Owens would be great, but at least he's already got a USA chrome auto. I would assume that even if JBJ starts the season in Boston it will be too late to include him as a RC auto
Ranaudo is a has been as a prospect in my eyes. If he turns it around, great, but is not a top 10 guy in the organization right now.

Owens is the guy I'd like to see. Cecchini is another. Other than that, all of their other top 10 guys have a chrome auto. Workman, De La Cruz and Vinicio are all 2nd tier guys, but would be nice additions.

We also don't need a Sox auto just for the sake of having one, though. Boss Moanaroa is not exactly a highly sought after auto (or prospect, for that matter).

I would almost bet on it that Bradley will be a lucky redemption, because even if he doesn't start in Boston, he will be up by May.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
Ranaudo is a has been as a prospect in my eyes. If he turns it around, great, but is not a top 10 guy in the organization right now.

Owens is the guy I'd like to see. Cecchini is another. Other than that, all of their other top 10 guys have a chrome auto. Workman, De La Cruz and Vinicio are all 2nd tier guys, but would be nice additions.

We also don't need a Sox auto just for the sake of having one, though. Boss Moanaroa is not exactly a highly sought after auto (or prospect, for that matter).

I would almost bet on it that Bradley will be a lucky redemption, because even if he doesn't start in Boston, he will be up by May.
I dont get why you want Cecchini, he has one already. Just a few years ago.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont get why you want Cecchini, he has one already. Just a few years ago.
Garin was in 2011 Bowman with Profar.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow815 View Post
Garin was in 2011 Bowman with Profar.
Exactly. He's already had one.

Workman, Owens, De La Cruz, Vicino, Tzu Wei Len, Margot, even that clown Ranaudo should be up.

Dream is Rubby in the rookies set.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #245 (permalink)

The Sox need a time out from Bowman products for awhile. They were awful in Chrome and Draft. Boss, Pat Light, Brian Johnson, and Deven Marrero were terrible pulls.
bulljh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
The Sox need a time out from Bowman products for awhile. They were awful in Chrome and Draft. Boss, Pat Light, Brian Johnson, and Deven Marrero were terrible pulls.
All first/supplemental picks, but I know what you mean. Even top picks can be boring at times.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
The others where bad yes, but I would disagree with Marrero. That will definitely not be a terrible pull in the long run, considering he should move fast through the system... Best hands I have probably ever seen..
D J Sportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
And you forgot about Williams Jerez.

WILLIAMS JEREZ!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Those aren't terrible follow-ups to Xander and Jackie IMO. Overall, the Sox had a really nice auto lineup for 2012.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
And you forgot about Williams Jerez.

WILLIAMS JEREZ!
well...he is forgetable
bulljh is online now   Reply With Quote