Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #251 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
shabagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
The Sox need a time out from Bowman products for awhile. They were awful in Chrome and Draft. Boss, Pat Light, Brian Johnson, and Deven Marrero were terrible pulls.
Out of them only Boss is a bad pull. If you want to dump your Pat Light or Brian Johnson autos for cheap, I will take them
__________________
Maples Counter Orange 3 Gold 1 Wave 1 Blue 4 Refractors 8 Base 22
Need some cards graded? 10 day sub 21/100 filled
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/join-new-group-breaks-here/616759-bgs-submission-10-day.html
shabagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boston/Miami
Posts: 339
Default

The only bad Sox auto was Boss, who no one still has any clue why or how he got into an autograph set. Light and Johnson are both guys with decent potential in a stacked system. People complain about not getting enough 1st round picks into the auto set, and then when they do, they complain that they aren't good enough. Neither of them is likely going to become a star pitcher, but they're certainly decent long term buys/holds

Ranaudo has one bad year, and still projects as a potential top flight pitcher

Just get Rubby in there as a RC auto and I'll be more than pleased. Then add JBJ as a lucky redemption if he doesn't break camp with the big club. If he does, get him in the RC auto set as well!
mredsox89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #253 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredsox89 View Post
The only bad Sox auto was Boss, who no one still has any clue why or how he got into an autograph set. Light and Johnson are both guys with decent potential in a stacked system. People complain about not getting enough 1st round picks into the auto set, and then when they do, they complain that they aren't good enough. Neither of them is likely going to become a star pitcher, but they're certainly decent long term buys/holds

Ranaudo has one bad year, and still projects as a potential top flight pitcher

Just get Rubby in there as a RC auto and I'll be more than pleased. Then add JBJ as a lucky redemption if he doesn't break camp with the big club. If he does, get him in the RC auto set as well!
Yeah he doesnt project as that anymore. Kevin Goldstein and others said he was a reliever even before 2012.

He has the potential to be a top of the rotation guy, but no one thinks that anymore. No one.
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #254 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 5,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredsox89 View Post
Then add JBJ as a lucky redemption if he doesn't break camp with the big club. If he does, get him in the RC auto set as well!
I believe Lucky 5 redemptions are for rookies only, not prospects.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
cardinalscards4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,594
Default

Why do the Red Sox fans act like they NEED an auto. JBJ and Xander already have autos and there isn't really anyone else that's a must have.
__________________
Donate this Easter
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
Why do the Red Sox fans act like they NEED an auto. JBJ and Xander already have autos and there isn't really anyone else that's a must have.
Because its nice to collect other prospects we follow?

Mariners getting 5 guys, Red Sox dont have 1? If collectors only collected the elite prospects, wheres the fun in that?
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #257 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnnysBench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Bubble, MD
Posts: 2,954
Default

Is Puig going to have an auto in Mays Bowman Release? Does anybody know?
__________________
" I hate ALL hitters, I start a game mad and stay that way until it's over..." (Don Drysdale)
JohnnysBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #258 (permalink)
Member
 
centereacan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 9,314
Default

Rookie Autographs Checklist looks flippin' insane.
__________________
Collecting - Zack Wheeler & Juan Lagares
I Always Leave Feedback For Any Deal - I Expect You To Do So As Well
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/centereacan06/library/?sort=3&page=1
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #259 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,849
Default

Going by the BA Top 100 the guys who dont have Chrome autos are:

Taijuan Walker
Trevor Rosenthal
Hyun Jin Ryu
Buxton, Arcia, Polanco, Hanson, Myers, Correa, Giloito, Eaton, Ventura, Nicolino, Biddle, Orodizzi, Corcino are coming
Hak Ju Lee
Bruce Rondon
Leonys Martin
Brian Goodwin
Didi Gregorious
Casey Kelly
Wily Peralta
Yasmel Puig
Lance McCullers

So I mean I guess there are a lot of prospects still left that could be included
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first

Last edited by IamRalpho; 03-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
cardinalscards4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Because its nice to collect other prospects we follow?

Mariners getting 5 guys, Red Sox dont have 1? If collectors only collected the elite prospects, wheres the fun in that?
Can't argue with that, but not every team also gets an auto.
__________________
Donate this Easter
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #261 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
Can't argue with that, but not every team also gets an auto.
True, but for the bigger fanbased teams they should. I now there are collectors for all, but for the Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, Tigers, Dodgers, Mets etc and for teams with pretty loaded systems they should make an effort to get more of those guys in.

Just my opinion though
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #262 (permalink)
Member
 
cardinalscards4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
True, but for the bigger fanbased teams they should. I now there are collectors for all, but for the Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, Tigers, Dodgers, Mets etc and for teams with pretty loaded systems they should make an effort to get more of those guys in.

Just my opinion though
Yeah, you are right, they should.
__________________
Donate this Easter
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #263 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 5,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Going by the BA Top 100 the guys who dont have Chrome autos are:

Casey Kelly
He's part of the rookie auto CL in this product.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #264 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,027
Default

You can mark Leonys Martin off the list because he was a rookie last year. He didn't get a bowman auto although I wish he had one.
__________________
Bucket
https://picasaweb.google.com/100940769057956633483/Bucket03?authkey=Gv1sRgCMnPpKGN4YfhZQ
rktoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #265 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 5,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rktoon View Post
You can mark Leonys Martin off the list because he was a rookie last year. He didn't get a bowman auto although I wish he had one.
He's still considered a prospect, though. Has less than 130 Major League ABs.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
He's still considered a prospect, though. Has less than 130 Major League ABs.
I understand that, but they can't make a RC auto of him can they?
__________________
Bucket
https://picasaweb.google.com/100940769057956633483/Bucket03?authkey=Gv1sRgCMnPpKGN4YfhZQ
rktoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #267 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 5,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rktoon View Post
I understand that, but they can't make a RC auto of him can they?
If he was called up prior to September 1st and is still rookie eligible, they can.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,849
Default

I thought I saw Kelly on the list, thats good stuff.

Still a lot of prospects left out there though
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #269 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,311
Default

Why are Red Sox fans complaining but us mets fans arent
__________________
http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/metsplaya/library/PROSPECTS?sort=3&page=1
metsplaya123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #270 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 5,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
Why are Red Sox fans complaining but us mets fans arent
Because this is a major league product, not a minor league one.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #271 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Because this is a major league product, not a minor league one.
Actually this is a minor league product (don't disrespect the mets
__________________
http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/metsplaya/library/PROSPECTS?sort=3&page=1
metsplaya123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #272 (permalink)
Member
 
SyddWasHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,074
Default

I don't know, I find it kind of funny that Boston Red Sox fans are complaining, it's not like you guys have the highest fan base right behind the New York Yankees, have more cards in the majority of products than the Mariners will ever have, get recognition in every media publication, and for the first time in how many years you guys aren't going to have someone to fight over and totally inflate in a Bowman product, just because he is a Red Sock.
__________________
Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane Washington, I collect Christine Michael and Brad Miller. I am currently looking for a Brad Miller purple autograph to finish off my rainbow, if you have one please send me a message, or if you know someone who does, forward them to me. Thanks!
SyddWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #273 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Chance of any more Phillies in it? I saw Biddle, Quinn, and Ruf on the list.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #274 (permalink)
Member
 
Noah0298's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,600
Default

Having a rookie auto for Rosenthal would be great, especially with the lack of Cardinals in this product.
__________________
http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u462/Noah0298/

After 48 hours, If a PM hasn't been responded to, the deal is off.
Noah0298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #275 (permalink)
Member
 
D J Sportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyddWasHere View Post
I don't know, I find it kind of funny that Boston Red Sox fans are complaining, it's not like you guys have the highest fan base right behind the New York Yankees, have more cards in the majority of products than the Mariners will ever have, get recognition in every media publication, and for the first time in how many years you guys aren't going to have someone to fight over and totally inflate in a Bowman product, just because he is a Red Sock.
The thing is it seems none of Boston guys have inflated prices...
__________________
Collecting: Prospects ,Tobias Harris, Vucevic, Harkless & Doug Martin
Also building a small BRAVES collection
Over 3300 feedback on eBay, 80 on SCF, 90 on Beckett.
D J Sportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/476683-rolling-2013-bowman-autograph-checklist-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Baseball Cards: What's Byron Buxton Worth? This thread Refback 05-27-2013 03:24 PM
Baseball Cards: What's Byron Buxton Worth? This thread Refback 05-13-2013 01:50 PM
2013 Bowman Baseball Checklist This thread Refback 05-06-2013 01:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.