Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #1026 (permalink)

Besides pulling out maybe a few guys, would you say selling everyone else in bulk would be ok?

Machado, Ryu, Cingrani, Correa, Buxton, prob a couple more I a forgetting
Old 05-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #1027 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod305 View Post
Besides pulling out maybe a few guys, would you say selling everyone else in bulk would be ok?

Machado, Ryu, Cingrani, Correa, Buxton, prob a couple more I a forgetting
I personally wouldn't sell in bulk. You'll miss out on a ton of value guys.

I'd buy in bulk.
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #1028 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
I personally wouldn't sell in bulk. You'll miss out on a ton of value guys.

I'd buy in bulk.
Value guys??
Old 05-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #1029 (permalink)

Random question, but what did hobby cases start out selling for (or for someone more in the know, what was the at-cost price)? Just curious.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #1030 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Random question, but what did hobby cases start out selling for (or for someone more in the know, what was the at-cost price)? Just curious.
distributor pricing was around 660 a case
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #1031 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
distributor pricing was around 660 a case
Thanks, appreciate it.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #1032 (permalink)

Does anyone know if Pitcher Jonathan Gray will be in this product as a 1st Bowman Chrome Non Auto?

Could be a top 5 pick in 2013 draft
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #1033 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney000 View Post
Does anyone know if Pitcher Jonathan Gray will be in this product as a 1st Bowman Chrome Non Auto?

Could be a top 5 pick in 2013 draft
He hasn't been drafted yet so no, he won't.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #1034 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod305 View Post
Value guys??
Guys I think will have value in the near future. There are quite a few and I think you are selling yourself short if you move it all in one lot.
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #1035 (permalink)

Just a quick question. What do you think paper base and chromes (non-auto) of top guys like Buxton and Correa will sell for out of the gate?
STLCARDINALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #1036 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Pride before the fall bud. Good for you that you've made money in the past but you can't this time. You must recognize that everyone and their mothers will be breaking Bowman '13 and there's simply not a large enough market to sustain even OK prices.

It's not just the chrome that's over-produced ... it's everything (mini's, autos, inserts, etc.). If you're opening 2 cases / you have a chance to hit something worthwhile ... but the more you open, the farther and farther you'll fall behind. Whether you paid $600 per hobby case or $700 per jumbo case / it's a losing proposition when all but a handful of autos will sell for less than $15.
Are you teaching us from your experiences this past year

Quote:
Very true ... allow me to toss in a Jake Odorizzi Gold auto as well.

Listen / I know there's a lot of hype here and a lot of "Ohh my God, the checklist is AWESOME" but I'm simply trying to ground expectations based on what appears to be a very very terrible print run.

People may think the checklist is awesome and the players are awesome but if Topps overprint's their base, their chrome, their mini's, their die-cuts and their autos / it makes for one of the worst releases, not one of the best.
I just don't believe in the whole horrible print run. Odds appear to be the same as 2011. Those cases demand a pretty hefty price tag. I know we are almost 2 years after the fact but the point is they never tanked, only went up in value.

I guess what I think is that I see no reason for anyone to freak out, dump their product any run the other way. There are so many ways to make things look and sound bad if a person is not buying into a product to reassure themselves they made the right decision to not buy. Just as there are so many ways to make things look good to assure ones self they made a good decision to buy. It is what it is.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #1037 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
There are so many ways to make things look and sound bad if a person is not buying into a product to reassure themselves they made the right decision to not buy.
thats why i asked him how many cases he had coming. i knew the answer before he responded...
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #1038 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Are you teaching us from your experiences this past year

I just don't believe in the whole horrible print run. Odds appear to be the same as 2011. Those cases demand a pretty hefty price tag. I know we are almost 2 years after the fact but the point is they never tanked, only went up in value.

I guess what I think is that I see no reason for anyone to freak out, dump their product any run the other way. There are so many ways to make things look and sound bad if a person is not buying into a product to reassure themselves they made the right decision to not buy. Just as there are so many ways to make things look good to assure ones self they made a good decision to buy. It is what it is.
I think everything that could be said has been said; we simply have to wait and see what happens.

IDK / I see a company that has been doing the wrong things for years now, whether it be customer service, product quality, print runs ... and even though it seems crystal clear to me that they've gone too far with too many cases in 2013, I'm fighting the board as the response is "Keep printing Topps, we don't care. We'll keep opening them"

And if I'm wrong / if the market can sustain all the autos and the interest and the millions of base ... then get ready for 6,500 jumbo cases of 2014 Bowman.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #1039 (permalink)

2013 Bowman is going to be the (.)(.)

The naysayers can go play with their Panini Prizms
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #1040 (permalink)

Quote:
then get ready for 6,500 jumbo cases of 2014 Bowman.
That would be awesome. Maybe they would stay down in price so I could get more.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #1041 (permalink)

Quote:
I think everything that could be said has been said; we simply have to wait and see what happens.

IDK / I see a company that has been doing the wrong things for years now, whether it be customer service, product quality, print runs ... and even though it seems crystal clear to me that they've gone too far with too many cases in 2013, I'm fighting the board as the response is "Keep printing Topps, we don't care. We'll keep opening them"

And if I'm wrong / if the market can sustain all the autos and the interest and the millions of base ... then get ready for 6,500 jumbo cases of 2014 Bowman.
They only print to pre order now which is 6-9 months before product release. All of this noise on the odds was determined a long time ago.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #1042 (permalink)

Quote:

How do you reconcile your argument that 2013 Bowman is going to be far too many cases with the fact that it's a similar to print run to 2011, which still has strong prices and sought after pricey autos?
kyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #1043 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyaa View Post
How do you reconcile your argument that 2013 Bowman is going to be far too many cases with the fact that it's a similar to print run to 2011, which still has strong prices and sought after pricey autos?
Similar odds, not similar print run.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #1044 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyaa View Post
The amount of cases that we're produced in 2011 pales in comparison to 2013; the odds may be the same however ... (7 less prospect autos and less frequent RC autos) you're talking about more than 30% less. That being said, the set lives because of Bryce Harper. If you want to hang your hat on having Harper 2.0 show up in Bowman '13, so be it. If Harper had as many autos in '13 as he did in '11 ... they'd be cheaper.

How much cheaper is anyone's guess but cheaper.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #1045 (permalink)

Quote:
The amount of cases that we're produced in 2011 pales in comparison to 2013; the odds may be the same however ... (7 less prospect autos and less frequent RC autos) you're talking about more than 30% less. That being said, the set lives because of Bryce Harper. If you want to hang your hat on having Harper 2.0 show up in Bowman '13, so be it. If Harper had as many autos in '13 as he did in '11 ... they'd be cheaper.

How much cheaper is anyone's guess but cheaper.
Nevermind / blah.

Last edited by NeedChapmans; 05-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.
NeedChapmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #1046 (permalink)

Quote:
If you want to hang your hat on having Harper 2.0 show up in Bowman '13, so be it.
there may not be a harper type in 2013 but the solid checklist more than makes up for that. for someone that has no hand in 2013 bowman you sure have a whole lot to say about it.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #1047 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
there may not be a harper type in 2013 but the solid checklist more than makes up for that. for someone that has no hand in 2013 bowman you sure have a whole lot to say about it.
It bothers me because I see Topps really screwing people over ... and it bothers me even more that the consensus is "no big deal". It's my fight because if everyone let's it happen today, then Topps is just gonna stretch the line even further tomorrow.

But I recognize I'm the minority.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #1048 (permalink)

Quote:
It bothers me because I see Topps really screwing people over ... and it bothers me even more that the consensus is "no big deal". It's my fight because if everyone let's it happen today, then Topps is just gonna stretch the line even further tomorrow.

What can be done to change this? Get everybody to boycott pre orders?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #1049 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree with your overall premise here in that Topps knows they can do basically whatever they want because people will buy their product, and because of that they are not held accountable. Consequently, this ultimately makes the quality of their product worse than it should be. I will back you all day in this argument.

That said, and leaving the math to you guys, if the product turns out to be over-saturated the big names will still sell for top dollar; the product will still sell(even if only a couple of names carry it); I think this is a strong checklist that will keep the demand high; and I will still be a buyer because I enjoy the product and am a glutton for punishment.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #1050 (permalink)

Does anyone know who won that Golden Ticket Auto thing to be in this years product? Any guess on what these will sell for?
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote