Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question PSA Card Grading Question - Autograph Card Submission

Im looking into submitting a couple of cards to PSA for the first time. I've been looking at their fees and submission form for a while and cant seem to figure out what service level I can submit under. Both cards are autographed, Topps certified autos. From what PSA is saying, I would have to submit them for card grading and auto authentication. I know I see autograph cards graded PSA every day that aren't also authenticated. The Regular service level says autograph cards are excluded, but the next service level up states that auto cards apply but the declared value must be over $500. I just want these cards graded without paying extra and waiting 20 days to have the already authentic autos authenticated. Am I missing something? Do most people just submit them under the regular level anyway? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.psacard.com/Fees

Last edited by lee7786; 03-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
lee7786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you're submitting cards that came out of packs with auto's (have the topps certified autograph issue printed on the card) then these qualify for the regular grading service at which level you choose.

Level is based on declared value (made by you) and estimated turnaround time you would like

If the cards have in person autographs on them (obtained at a game by you, ect.) you will have to submit them for autograph authentication (PSA/DNA). There is also an option to have only the auto graded or the card graded while still having the auto authenticated(red flip. vs. blue flip). Different players have different prices for auto authentication.

It sounds like you need to call PSA customer service as they can give you definitive answers on all your questions.
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakron View Post
If you're submitting cards that came out of packs with auto's (have the topps certified autograph issue printed on the card) then these qualify for the regular grading service at which level you choose.

Level is based on declared value (made by you) and estimated turnaround time you would like

If the cards have in person autographs on them (obtained at a game by you, ect.) you will have to submit them for autograph authentication (PSA/DNA). There is also an option to have only the auto graded or the card graded while still having the auto authenticated(red flip. vs. blue flip). Different players have different prices for auto authentication.

It sounds like you need to call PSA customer service as they can give you definitive answers on all your questions.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I don't know why they state that the regular service level excludes autos. I see now off to the side that only pre 1998 autos or unauthenticated autos apply to that. Seems like they're trying to be confusing on purpose so people think they need to pay for the higher service levels.
lee7786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

recently submitted a bunch of autos to psa. 1998 and newer certified autos can be submitted as regular.
brianbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

OP....any chance you want to submit together? I have 1 stinking card that needs grading and I don't want to spend $18 on shipping haha.
RipitRipken is offline   Reply With Quote