Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

The original rules stated that the streak would only be valid for a single player... not switching guys in and out to combine multiple players in a streak.

With that said, I know you CAN put multiple players in the same streak... but are they being counted?

Everyone is having problems with their streaks not updating, but maybe they aren't updating because you still have to use the original hitter to get credit.

For example, I have 3 streaks that are going that SHOULD be at 2 - 3 - 2 if multiple players in one streak is allowed. But it instead reads 1 - 2 - 1. The streak in the middle that reads 2, I used Troy Tulo in the 1st and 3rd game with a different player in between. The other streaks I used a different player to get my second hits in each, but only have credit for 1 hit in each streak.

I'm betting you still must follow the original rules to get credit for streaks, even though the system in place allows you to insert multiple players in the same streak. It also would explain why a player might not disappear despite not getting a hit (unless its the original streak starter, that players performance doesn't count, whether it be a hit or not).

Even if I'm right, it still is a huge mess-up by Topps thats going to kill this promotion.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Site is busted, not loading. All kinds of confusion about rules. What a JOKE! Topps should address this. People spent money to participate in this contest, including my sons who spent their allowance to buy packs even though we were done with the set, and even some codes on eBay to play. Now they can't even put their players in. Monumental f-up. My kids want their allowance back, TOPPS!
wfubob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Yeah, ignore what I said just above. Site updated and my streaks are at 2 - 3 - 1, which means it doesn't have to be the same player.... but the streak that is 1 should be 2, and thats from like Friday.

So the site is just extremely buggy. I miss the days of unlocking 1987 Topps commons with these codes!

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

My streak is at 5. I haven't received a code or anything yet
nowo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

I hit 6on one and 5 on another and had 2 codes waiting on me this morning!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Anyone have new or additional information on how the site is working for them?
My players are not disappearing when they don't get hits. Others?
Any more accounts on whether the streak needs to consist of the same player, or if you can for instance have a 4 game streak going with 4 different players?
Has anyone successfully kept a streak alive by skipping days? For instance say you have a 6 game streak going with Player A, but Player A is facing Justin Verlander tomorrow, so you don't pick a player for that day. Did your streak stay alive?

Also, if you start a player, and they sit that night and don't play, does your streak stay alive?

Last edited by darin2200; 04-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For 2 View Post
According to the site I have streaks that are still active even though I had players who didn't get a hit in a game but had a walk. In those streaks, the player who walked didn't add to the streak but also didn't end it. His "card" is still active for use. Is a walk a free pass of sorts? Anyone else noticing this?
If you look up the MLB rules for a hitting streak, if a player gets walked, hit by a ball, or drops a sac bunt, it doesn't take away from their game streak. Groundouts, strikeouts, sac flys, etc without a hit will end their streak.

So basically if they had 1 at bat and were walked, you're fine.
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

I hit a streak of 5 the other day and received a code and an autograph card to be delivered in May.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
I hit a streak of 5 the other day and received a code and an autograph card to be delivered in May.
I have had 3 different streaks hit 5 games. Received two codes. No cards though.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Yeah I haven't had any messages about cards as of yet, only codes! One of my streaks is not a 9 and I think there is another prize at 10? Coin card I think...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
wow really? do you know what card?

I've got a streak up to 8. I did receive a free code at 5 but that's it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Axe

Quote:
does it say who the auto is, or a pic of the possible card?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

The card he won must be the drawing portion, at 5 cards you get the code, and entered into a daily drawing.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #39 (permalink)

Default Hunter streak not updated

I have Torii Hunter who has had a hit in at least the last 10 games and my streak has been stuck at 8 for three days! It hasn't updated on the site. Has anyone else had this problem?
tvis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #40 (permalink)

Not sure which card it is, the photo portion is blank. It doesn't say anything about a drawing. Who knows with this weak site.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin2200 View Post
Anyone have new or additional information on how the site is working for them?
My players are not disappearing when they don't get hits. Others?
Any more accounts on whether the streak needs to consist of the same player, or if you can for instance have a 4 game streak going with 4 different players?
Has anyone successfully kept a streak alive by skipping days? For instance say you have a 6 game streak going with Player A, but Player A is facing Justin Verlander tomorrow, so you don't pick a player for that day. Did your streak stay alive?

Also, if you start a player, and they sit that night and don't play, does your streak stay alive?
The site is working fine for me.

My players disappear when they don't get hits, but only if they play in the game and don't get a hit. Like the real MLB hitting streak rules, if you don't have an official AB in the game then it doesn't count as a game for the streak - the streak stays at the same number and the player is not lost. I had a 9 game streak until Allen Craig went 0-3 last Friday, I lost him and my streak reset to 0.

Also the streak counts for different players, as long as they are activated in one of your streak lists. You HAVE to designate which player(s) will be representing you for each day of each streak. If you leave a day blank (No slugger selected) then the streak holds until you designate a player for another day.

I have skipped a few days and had a player not play one night and the streak remained alive after those days.

Last edited by realshemp; 04-18-2013 at 12:11 PM.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #42 (permalink)

I had a streak hit 10 yesterday and was awarded a coin card under my prizes. No specifics though in terms of player. Picture was blank.
Go For 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
XL5

All mine reset and all my players are back.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

I gave up on this the first week of the season. I've lost all the players who I put into a streak and did not get a hit. Oh well.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #45 (permalink)

any more updates from anyone as far as prizes/issues go?

my streaks arent updating, as mentioned above. ive got one listed at six, which should be 9 after its updated for today with the hit that either got in the top of the 9th (way to cut it close, man, lol)... fingers crossed i can get one more and get the coin card if any are left so ill at least have something tos how for all this headache...
jakeytehpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

The site is definitely still buggy. Mine seem to be mostly updated. My biggest complaint is scrolling through all the player pictures to pick someone for your streak. Just list them alphabetically, geez.

I have had 4 different 5 game streaks and no prizes yet. Haven't had any of them reach 10 yet though
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #47 (permalink)

Just got 15 yesterday so I have the auto. Got one more hit today to get 16 so hopefully I can get to 20.
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

I just got my first streak (5). Has anyone won the daily drawings?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Just got 15 yesterday so I have the auto. Got one more hit today to get 16 so hopefully I can get to 20.
Very nice man! What auto did you get? Or don't they tell you yet? I have two streaks that both reached 5 yesterday. My 4th time at 5. Hope I can get to your level!
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

I had two of my streaks update, but the third one (5 Games, should be 6) did not. I bet the Angels/A's game ending at 4:00 AM did a wonder on their system, as I had Mike Trout for that game
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote