Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps Million Dollar Chase game

Has anyone won anything in the Topps Million Dollar Chase game? Do the players disappear if they don't get a hit? Not sure how well this game will go.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

i got to 5 games as of yesterday, but the site has not updated to reflect that! This is a total joke. On fcb, guys are saying people disappear...i havent had anyone disappear so i dont know.

But i can tell you its not updating for today and i ws going to post and ask if anyone's streak has been updated at all for today.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y518/jess030479/
jess0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not even sure what to think about the site. Doesn't seem to be very clear at all, I just stuck players in each date on all 3 streaks, I will just let it run and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

So, it hasn't updated my Pedroia streak and now he has disappeared for me being able to select him to continue the streak.

I can't find an e-mail for support on this, but I think we need to send them a couple letters. This is #@#@#@#@ing ridiculous.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

My guys haven't disappeared but it's not updating my streak, i can't make a selection for today....what a complete joke....I HATE THIS COMPANY.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had players disappear. I contacted Topps by email, but haven't gotten a response. Typical.
ETSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Start video taping your selections everyday. In the highly unlikely event you beat the streak, show your recordings to topps. If they refuse to pay up because they're site is a price of sh** and they "have no record of your selections" then sue their a**es.

Edit: never been a fan of lawsuits in most situations, but anyone who wants to sue tops for any reason whatsoever is OK in my book. One of the worst companies ever.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes Topps has it's issues, but this MM Dollar chase site, and the prospect challenge site are run by the same 3rd party crappy developers. Topps is only at fault for hiring them and not holding them accountable.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the web company was owned by a friend or relative of a topps executive.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

i can't even get this thing to work.
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin2200 View Post
Yes Topps has it's issues, but this MM Dollar chase site, and the prospect challenge site are run by the same 3rd party crappy developers. Topps is only at fault for hiring them and not holding them accountable.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the web company was owned by a friend or relative of a topps executive.
That's what you get when you go with the lowest bidder 100% of the time.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

To clear a few things up if they havent been already. If you use a player and they DO NOT GET A HIT you lose that player from your roster. The only issue im having with the site now is I have a 6 game hit streak but its still showing me on 4 hit streak so I cant redeem my first prize has anybody else had this problem??
nevamore8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess0304 View Post
my guys haven't disappeared but it's not updating my streak, i can't make a selection for today....what a complete joke....i hate this company.
wahhh my free thing is broken therefore i hate them waahhhh
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post
i can't even get this thing to work.
yup, I can't even log into the site (all other Topps sites are fine for me).
Probably a good thing since I won't win anything anyways.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
wahhh my free thing is broken therefore i hate them waahhhh
It's not free. You had to buy packs to get the codes. And the code card counts as a "card" so you got less actual cards with baseball players on them.
ShaggyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevamore8 View Post
To clear a few things up if they havent been already. If you use a player and they DO NOT GET A HIT you lose that player from your roster. The only issue im having with the site now is I have a 6 game hit streak but its still showing me on 4 hit streak so I cant redeem my first prize has anybody else had this problem??
This is not true. I had a player in one of my streaks not get a hit, and used them a few days later.

I think this is happening for you because there are still site issues. Bottom line is there is no excuse for this to happen. Topps has screwed all collectors at one point or another---missing hits, unredeemed redemptions, taking months and even years to get a redemption, not replacing damaged cards, terrible replacement cards, etc---and nothing will change until people start boycotting or making their dissatisfaction known. This has to be done on public forums, like facebook or twitter. If enough of this happens, MAYBE something will change.

Long story short....i have a 5 game streak and its not updating; i hear someone mention that picks lock at 12:00 EST and that is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the rules.

What else is not mentioned is what happens if a player is a late scratch or does not play; what happens if a game is postponed; what happens if a game starts and is not "official" and is postponed, continued, or restarted?

Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

Just an update my steak went to 5 this mourning even though it should be 6. I also had the option to redeem my first prize the free code.
nevamore8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

wow, i don't understand how some people are getting updated and others are not....and how if they updated yours, why not the CORRECT update?

I didnt make any selections yesterday and the date was just removed. In other words it goes from 4-5 to 4-7. Before, it said slugger not selected.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

My streak was updated too, we will see how things develop. Maybe they will figure this out as the season goes along.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

mine still not updated....seems like other people's are updating....i'll keep you informed.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

While it updated my Pedroia streak, he's now disappeared, so I can't use him for today.

I just listed the rest of my codes on eBay. Done with this.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

Streaks must be activated no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time on a given day of the 2013 Major League Baseball regular season, except for 4/15/2013 (when Streaks must be activated by 10:30 a.m. ET.)
NPNCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

@npn, where did you see that? I just looked again under how to play and nothing

I still dont have players disappearing, but my streaks are not updating....seems like everyone else has updated by now...

Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
XL5

Site is down right now. The whole thing is broken. Think this is a failed experiment.

Last edited by XL5; 04-07-2013 at 12:16 PM.
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

According to the site I have streaks that are still active even though I had players who didn't get a hit in a game but had a walk. In those streaks, the player who walked didn't add to the streak but also didn't end it. His "card" is still active for use. Is a walk a free pass of sorts? Anyone else noticing this?
Go For 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

I can't even get the stupid site to load. Yet another Topps Fail.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote