Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #51 (permalink)

Strikes out 8 in 5 innings and only allowed 1 run. Great outing if you ask me. Kid is the real deal.
CardsFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #52 (permalink)

Reds about to blow it WIDE open ...

Tony Cingrani 1-0. If it starts raining now ... he'l get a Complete Game! HA!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan7 View Post
Strikes out 8 in 5 innings and only allowed 1 run. Great outing if you ask me. Kid is the real deal.
He threw 102 pitches in 5 innings giving up 5 hits, 3 walks and 1 run to the pitiful Marlins and "kid is the real deal"? I like Cingrani too but you gotta do it year in and year out for at least 3 years before you get the real deal tag.
Gio47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio47 View Post
He threw 102 pitches in 5 innings giving up 5 hits, 3 walks and 1 run to the pitiful Marlins and "kid is the real deal"? I like Cingrani too but you gotta do it year in and year out for at least 3 years before you get the real deal tag.
omgggggggggg the ironyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Kid / you're a joke. All you do is write ridiculous threads about Gonzalez and Chapman each and every time they throw well and you disappear anytime they throw poorly.

Good for you that you have some money invested in them and they've been pretty good over the last year or two but you continue to look foolish when you bump your Gio and Arolids threads just because they throw a good game, or a good inning. Your words do not effect prices, so please stop trying. This thread is about one kid making his first start of the season, so troll elsewhere.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Gio lost his PEDs and looks great this season doesnt he? Velocity is down and he is getting beaten up.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #57 (permalink)

upset that jose didn't pitch well but happy for chapmans and cingrani, i dont know who wanted the W more, lol
Baseball for sale http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/764943-fs-end-summer-sale-chrome-prospects-autos-color.html 13-14 NT FOR SALE http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/763130-fs-my-nt-2-box-break-sale-thread.html
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #58 (permalink)

Nice debut

Last edited by clocsta2323; 04-19-2013 at 01:26 AM.
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Cingrani's line may look good but I'd guess that even he would tell you he struggled last night. He threw a ton of pitches and never seemed to get in a rhythm with Devin. He was shaking off a great deal of pitches and relied heavily on his fastball. At one point I think he'd thrown 33 pitches and 30 were fastballs. He will need to get more confident or he is going to be hit hard against non-anemic teams.

Signed a die-hard Reds fan
jbhofmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post
Cingrani's line may look good but I'd guess that even he would tell you he struggled last night. He threw a ton of pitches and never seemed to get in a rhythm with Devin. He was shaking off a great deal of pitches and relied heavily on his fastball. At one point I think he'd thrown 33 pitches and 30 were fastballs. He will need to get more confident or he is going to be hit hard against non-anemic teams.

Didn't see it but if true great point.
Baseball for sale http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/764943-fs-end-summer-sale-chrome-prospects-autos-color.html 13-14 NT FOR SALE http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/763130-fs-my-nt-2-box-break-sale-thread.html
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #61 (permalink)

Who will b better b fair Fernandez or cingrani?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
omgggggggggg the ironyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I am dying here!!!!!
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:

Agree, but here we go again. Stayed up until 3am last night waiting for Baseball Tonight to start (damn 10 inning women's softball game just wouldn't end) and when they hit the Reds highlights ...

Not a single mention of the name Cingrani / not a single image of him shown pitching. The entire highlight and discussion was about Fernandez and his struggles and the bat boy. In four minutes, they didn't even flash the stats to let you know who got the win! The early story of this kid day in and day out. Even when he's called up, throws a good game and strikes out 8 in five innings giving up one run no body gives him credit for pitching well, only for relying too much on his fastball.

In his first start ...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Agree, but here we go again. Stayed up until 3am last night waiting for Baseball Tonight to start (damn 10 inning women's softball game just wouldn't end) and when they hit the Reds highlights ...

Not a single mention of the name Cingrani / not a single image of him shown pitching. The entire highlight and discussion was about Fernandez and his struggles and the bat boy. In four minutes, they didn't even flash the stats to let you know who got the win! The early story of this kid day in and day out. Even when he's called up, throws a good game and strikes out 8 in five innings giving up one run no body gives him credit for pitching well, only for relying too much on his fastball.

In his first start ...
Watched the highlight as well. I really hoped Cingrani would pitch well as I always like to watch young guys and prospects get called up and dominate. I think it was a very good first outing, 8k is pretty impressive.
mweber012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #65 (permalink)

Happened to dan straily and Jose Fernandez when they first came up
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

In his first start ...
I understand where you are coming from, but take the emotion of being invested in him out of the equation. He plays for my hometown team. The one I follow on a daily basis and the one that I love. Yet I could see that he grinded out that performance last night. I, just like thousands and thousands of other Reds fans value Marty Brennaman's opinion. He didn't think the kid looked sharp. If Marty and Jeff thought he looked off, then he was off. Those two don't bite their tongue just to please the home crowd.

As for Jose, he was the darling of the pre-game interviews and telecast. Dusty touted him as Doc Gooden in his prime and the TV and radio broadcasters were gushing over his talent. High 90's fastball and could drop a 79MPH breaking ball on a hitter at any moment.

Tony is what he is. A replacement for one of the more underrated aces in the National League. Did he have a good game? Yeah. But Reds fans are used to that spot in the rotation getting them through the 7th.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #67 (permalink)
XL5

MLB.com's take. Heck of a debut as a starter.

I will say that 102 (65 strikes) pitches through 5 ain't going to do it for very long.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, but take the emotion of being invested in him out of the equation. He plays for my hometown team. The one I follow on a daily basis and the one that I love. Yet I could see that he grinded out that performance last night. I, just like thousands and thousands of other Reds fans value Marty Brennaman's opinion. He didn't think the kid looked sharp. If Marty and Jeff thought he looked off, then he was off. Those two don't bite their tongue just to please the home crowd.

As for Jose, he was the darling of the pre-game interviews and telecast. Dusty touted him as Doc Gooden in his prime and the TV and radio broadcasters were gushing over his talent. High 90's fastball and could drop a 79MPH breaking ball on a hitter at any moment.

Tony is what he is. A replacement for one of the more underrated aces in the National League. Did he have a good game? Yeah. But Reds fans are used to that spot in the rotation getting them through the 7th.
Listen ... I agree and was the very first to suggest that Cingrani was not sharp. He was falling behind in too many counts, wasn't very good with his control and couldn't get the leadoff hitter out.

AND STILL ... when he was not close to his best, he was good enough to strike out 8 in five innings, giving up one run. Doesn't that say something to his abilities? Doesn't that even remotely suggest that if he pitched better, the line could have been a few less base runners and a few more innings?

He struggled, and yet walked away with victory and a 1.80 ERA. Show me young pitchers that strike out 8 in their first start and all of the talk is about how poorly they pitched ...

Gimme a break. For a first start, the kid performed extremely well.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Listen ... I agree and was the very first to suggest that Cingrani was not sharp.
You're a smart man.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #70 (permalink)

The kid was good, but in no way great. Of course he is going to strikeout a lot of guys, he is a strikeout pitcher. There is just no way to gauge how good he is/will be from one game against the MARLINS. I mean for gosh sake the Marlins don't even average 2 runs a game! Once hitters make their adjustments, which may not even be until next season, and he makes his adjustments, then we will find out what kind of a pitcher he is.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #71 (permalink)

IT WAS THE MARLINS PEOPLE.

Feel like I have to scream to get a word in!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #72 (permalink)

Can't control who he pitches against, and he got a win in his first big league start.

With that said the Marlins have scored 33 runs in 16 games.

It was one game, let's see how a few more of his starts play out and go from there.

Last edited by bigsmoot2; 04-19-2013 at 02:10 PM.
bigsmoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #73 (permalink)

I love the criticism that he "relies to much on his fastball". How is that a bad thing?? Any pitcher that could be effective throwing just a fastball, would. I think it bodes well that his fastball is good enough to throw that often.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/DSizzle31/library/?sort=4&page=1
DSizzle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #74 (permalink)

So um ... dude is dealing tonight.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #75 (permalink)

NeedChapmans, looks like that whole Cingrani master collection idea of yours is turning out to be a good idea, huh lol.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote