Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock28 View Post
Do me a favor and punch yourself in the face for that comment. Musial was an actual good person. Not good, GREAT. Gave back to his community, his team, and of course his country when he was in the military. Never complained about the spoiled, piece of *#&@ primadonnas who are the "heroes" that play the game today. I've read way too many idiots poke fun at Musial's sig to leave this be. I have been fortunate to pull one of his auto's, and keep it in my PC. I feel honored to own it - a great human being, not just a great ball player. Anyone who pulls a Musial and believes it to be really, really sad that a company could let that pass, send it to me. He continued to sign, even as his health deteriorated, to appease the game and its fans - not for the money. In trade, I will send you my Johnny Slapnuts Bowman Chrome prospect auto, who is a top 50 prospect on Baseball America and sure to be a slam dunk Hall of Famer...
i dont believe he actually meant it that way.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I think you misread what he is saying. I think he is being hard on Topps for continually shoving cards in his face to sign, regardless of his state of health. At least that is the way I read it.
Yes, this is what I meant. Clearly he was in deteriorating health. I know he was one of the rare gracious athletes and probably wanted to continue to sign. But at some point Topps needs to just say 'ok, thank you Stan, we're going now.'

I am in no way saying that Stan should be thought of badly for continuing to sign. Just that Topps continued to exploit his generosity far beyond the level of decency.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Do me a favor and punch yourself in the face for that comment. Musial was an actual good person. Not good, GREAT. Gave back to his community, his team, and of course his country when he was in the military. Never complained about the spoiled, piece of *#&@ primadonnas who are the "heroes" that play the game today. I've read way too many idiots poke fun at Musial's sig to leave this be. I have been fortunate to pull one of his auto's, and keep it in my PC. I feel honored to own it - a great human being, not just a great ball player. Anyone who pulls a Musial and believes it to be really, really sad that a company could let that pass, send it to me. He continued to sign, even as his health deteriorated, to appease the game and its fans - not for the money. In trade, I will send you my Johnny Slapnuts Bowman Chrome prospect auto, who is a top 50 prospect on Baseball America and sure to be a slam dunk Hall of Famer...
You are pathetic
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
Yes, this is what I meant. Clearly he was in deteriorating health. I know he was one of the rare gracious athletes and probably wanted to continue to sign. But at some point Topps needs to just say 'ok, thank you Stan, we're going now.'

I am in no way saying that Stan should be thought of badly for continuing to sign. Just that Topps continued to exploit his generosity far beyond the level of decency.
Thank you for clarifying, great post. Apologies to you, hope no offense taken.

Unfortunately there are some of the "idiots" I referenced in my post who have made fun of his sig in the past on these boards. I wish that group would realize what he was as a person and a player...I would rather pull a Musial auto than a Harper or Trout any day of the week.
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
You are pathetic
How so? By defending a humanitarian and war veteran? Yeah, I guess that is pretty pathetic.

Aren't you one of the buttclowns who is always starting fights on here and making little sense in your arguments? The name is familiar...so I believe that is true.
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying, great post. Apologies to you, hope no offense taken.

Unfortunately there are some of the "idiots" I referenced in my post who have made fun of his sig in the past on these boards. I wish that group would realize what he was as a person and a player...I would rather pull a Musial auto than a Harper or Trout any day of the week.

The "idiots" aren't 'making fun' of his signature at all. Think you're completely misreading people's words. Its more of thinking its bad that Musial, as well as several others players, was in declining health yet card companies and card show promoters still pull them to keep on signing when they were barely even able to hold and move a pen around. Yes it would be great to get Stan Musial's signature but not at the point where his worn out body can barely even sign what looks to be his signature
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote