Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Topps million Dollar Chase

Probably a total waste of time but am messing around with the 2013 Topps Million Dollar Chase where you try to win a millions buck by having the longest hitting streak

Question come up What happens if the game you put your player in to try to extend the streak and game gets rained out? Do rain outs cancel the streaks or do you just go to the next day

Had Jackson in today in one of my 3 streaks of 4 games and had written it off only to find the game went extra innings and he went 1 for 7 getting a hit late which extending that hitting streak but Pujols and Trout for Streak# 2 and Streak # 3 were in a game that was washed out

Anyone out there playing it and what is the hitting longest streak you know of?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

well today it appears that rainouts (like in real baseball) do not count against your hitting streaks
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

B. Live Streaks

If activated by the participant, a given Streak will continue if the official scorer assigned by Major League Baseball determines that the corresponding player officially records at least one (1) hit during his team's Major League Baseball game** on that day (for purposes of the Promotion, the official scorer's decisions as set forth in the official box score of the Major League Baseball game immediately following the conclusion of the game shall be determinative of whether the player hit safely; later adjustments to the official scorer's decisions by Major League Baseball will not be considered). But, if the corresponding player fails to hit safely during his team's Major League Baseball game on a given day of the 2013 Major League Baseball regular season, that Streak will be “broken” and ends; see also Rule 3 above. For the avoidance of doubt, the following occurrences do not count as a player hitting safely:

Player reaches base via error; Player reaches base via walk; Player reaches base via hit-by-pitch; Player reaches base via dropped third strike (be it a passed ball or wild pitch); Player records a hit in a game which is not an official game (e.g., rain-out); Player does not receive an official at-bat (regardless of cause).

**In the event of a doubleheader, a Streak will continue if the applicable player hits safely in either game comprising the doubleheader.

IT IS THE PARTICIPANT'S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR THE STATUS OF PLAYERS IN HIS/HER ACCOUNT. THIS INCLUDES PLACEMENT OF PLAYERS ON THE DISABLED LIST BY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAMS.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

Do you get penalized for skipping a day?

Kemp is today's game but the previous 5 all got hits. How is that only a 4-game streak?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think it updated from yesterday. I had a guy get a hit in 2 of my 3 streaks but it still hasn't updated.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote