Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Did this ever happen??

Did you guys ever randomly search for a card that you've been thinking about..head into eBay...and finally see that card...with less than 10 minutes less :O...just happened to me :P 4 mins left...maybe ill win it :P
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have and i usually over spend to get it in these instances.. be careful OP.
MJZak1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I mean..it's a /10 Gold Prizm..so I don't mind..my highest bid only 11$ so not such a big deal.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

But i def. know where you're coming from haha.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I lost it ...there's another one done in two days. But it jumped in the last 4 seconds from 12-18$ :O
Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ive been putting the 2011 marquee booklet set together and I took some time off from chasing after the set because the cards were coming few and far between. I finally checked back on ebay and 2 of the hardest books to get ended an hour before i searched and they were the only ones in the last 3 months. And they sold for well under what I would have been willing to pay.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastminute73 View Post
Ive been putting the 2011 marquee booklet set together and I took some time off from chasing after the set because the cards were coming few and far between. I finally checked back on ebay and 2 of the hardest books to get ended an hour before i searched and they were the only ones in the last 3 months. And they sold for well under what I would have been willing to pay.
That hurts... I always find the card i want on ebay whenever i look.

in completed auctions....
MJZak1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastminute73 View Post
this happens to me WAY more than finding an item ending in 10 minutes, or that same day.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCollector View Post
I lost it ...there's another one done in two days. But it jumped in the last 4 seconds from 12-18$ :O
Definitely been there... auctions are hard to read. a few weeks ago I set my max bid for a card well beyond what I thought it would go for, only to see a few bidders at the end take it past that in the last few seconds. but then a week later, the same card came up again, and it went for less than half of the first auction, with no one bidding at all during the last day.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah that's what happened to me. Well there's
Another one up so maybe it'll go cheaper, or maybe 18 or higher. Well wait and see! Can't stand those people who snipe those last bids with 1-2 seconds to go.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Happened to me once, couldn't have been more perfect. I was going for a rainbow but had lost interest when I knew the 1/1 wasn't out there anywhere. Someone is selling the next rarest card I need on here so before I try to buy it on a whim I check Ebay for the 1/1 and boom, there it is at auction with a couple hours left.

Needless to say I have that complete rainbow now
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Happened to me once, couldn't have been more perfect. I was going for a rainbow but had lost interest when I knew the 1/1 wasn't out there anywhere. Someone is selling the next rarest card I need on here so before I try to buy it on a whim I check Ebay for the 1/1 and boom, there it is at auction with a couple hours left.

Needless to say I have that complete rainbow now
That's awesome! I think you're the one with the POSITIVE outcome of this situation lol!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJZak1977 View Post
That hurts... I always find the card i want on ebay whenever i look.
in completed auctions....
I recently started making more money and have more funds for my addiction. I collect halladay mostly and I did a search on here for halladay cards. A guy was selling a triple threads one of one phillies patch booklet of him. I was willing to pay his asking price as the card would be my holy grail of my collection. Of course he sold the card to someone a week prior for a couple hundred dollars less than what he was asking. O well, life goes on I suppose.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

The opposite has happened to me many times..

I would search eBay for a certain card for days, weeks, months.. then give up for a little while.

I eventually get back to searching and find out it just sold a couple days earlier.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote