Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

Well to me, with any hobby there is some etiquette....do's and don'ts but there really isn't any absolutes. That post was just my opinion. I mean if he pulled an auto of Andrew luck or something.....good for him. But he paid like 2.99 for the pack and he might have known he was getting something special....The gamble is supposed to be a gamble, clear and simple. We are not supposed to know how to get only the good cards all the time. Don't feel guilty about pack searching though but just know that some of us feel bitter about it.
abcd1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd1234 View Post
Well to me, with any hobby there is some etiquette....do's and don'ts but there really isn't any absolutes. That post was just my opinion. I mean if he pulled an auto of Andrew luck or something.....good for him. But he paid like 2.99 for the pack and he might have known he was getting something special....The gamble is supposed to be a gamble, clear and simple. We are not supposed to know how to get only the good cards all the time. Don't feel guilty about pack searching though but just know that some of us feel bitter about it.
I agree, but if you look at it from a pack searchers point of view this isnt a hobby, pack searching is the hobby.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

I'm sick of this conversation and people who try to justify that it's ok. Pack searching is stealing from other hobbyists, plain and simple. Etiquette is the correct word. Morality is another. Pack searching is not a job or hobby, though some losers treat it as such. You wouldn't do it at a Hobby shop or card show because your likely to get embarrassed. Though i've heard stories about those who have tried.

Retail is the exact same thing IMO. The only reason it continues to happen is because retail stores are still selling the product. Without a hobbyist like you see at a show or LCS watching, retail stores are raped over and over. Some people steal as a hobby too, it doesn't make it right at any age. Sorry for my rant, but I do not like pack searchers.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #29 (permalink)

I mean, he's a Carolina fan....kidding

http://s1236.photobucket.com/dukefan1collection
Jtoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottbowden28 View Post
i dont care about packsearchers, but i do like messing with them. there is this father who is like 40 and his son who im guessing is 11-13 in the oshkosh target (should i be saying location?) and they search and i just mess with em.
How do you mess with em?

Theres a searcher at my local target that actually cuts into blasters and steals the packs.. Also those repack deals that you get multiple random packs takes some of those.. There was one last contenders at my target i went to grab and was like hmmm this feels light.

There was a searcher at walmart tonight and i just awkwardly stood really close to him and stared at the packs on the shelf for 2-3 min.. He looked like he was using some rubber thingamabobber to search them tho.. When i first walked up he was rubbing it on topps rack pack but he wouldnt do it again when i was standing next to him.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #31 (permalink)

who cares, just a dumb kid that doesn't know better. Evident by the fact that the Russell Wilson rookie he pulled is more valuable than his "hit" yet he tosses it aside.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
How do you mess with em?

Theres a searcher at my local target that actually cuts into blasters and steals the packs.. Also those repack deals that you get multiple random packs takes some of those.. There was one last contenders at my target i went to grab and was like hmmm this feels light.

There was a searcher at walmart tonight and i just awkwardly stood really close to him and stared at the packs on the shelf for 2-3 min.. He looked like he was using some rubber thingamabobber to search them tho.. When i first walked up he was rubbing it on topps rack pack but he wouldnt do it again when i was standing next to him.
did you get his number?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #33 (permalink)

I did in when I was a kid (20+ years ago). I don't think it is ok but it doesn't bother me for a kid to do it.

Hopefully this kid will outgrow it and keep collecting cards, like me.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
How do you mess with em?

people that open products in stores are not pack searchers, they are thieves.
people who still packs and cards are thieves, packsearching is morally wrong but most of them guys dont steal inventory from stores.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #35 (permalink)

$10 says most people posting how awful it is are those guilty of it.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #36 (permalink)

people usually post against a lot of things that they do on here to fit in. Land of the hypocrites.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJZak1977 View Post
Seriously? Your going to base this kids future on the fact that he searched a pack of cards at Walmart? Moronic.
My post was tongue in cheek. What is true is that I am tired of people saying it is okay because of his age. Even he knows it is wrong. If you know its wrong, don't do it.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottbowden28 View Post
i dont care about packsearchers, but i do like messing with them. there is this father who is like 40 and his son who im guessing is 11-13 in the oshkosh target (should i be saying location?) and they search and i just mess with em.

so in other words you have no life as well as them?
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames27 View Post
how would you feel it it was your son packsearching?
Yea. Maybe he is forced to if other pack searchers are taking hits.
Brandon2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

the issue here is not whether it's "ok" to pack search or not. clearly it isn't.

the real issue is about all those who get completely hellbent out of shape because the pack searchers lessen the odds of getting that sweet $1,000 autograph RC that they only intend to sell to the highest bidder on EBay from 1:1,119,129 of a chance to 1:1,118,129.

IMO, too many people are in this hobby for the wrong reasons.
Srodeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #41 (permalink)

I only buy blasters at places like target, wal-mart, & k-mart. Never loose packs. Guarantee you they've been pack searched already if they're open. Just not worth it. Every area has one, just haven't seen them yet AND if you do stop one who says someone else won't do it? Just because you bust one packsearcher doesn't mean the rest of them won't stop. Now if they open up packs and steal cards I have an issue with that because that passes the cost on to the rest of us that pay for our cards fair and square. Just my two cents.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #42 (permalink)

Looks like he's still at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=RIpoC4jwUhw
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #43 (permalink)

His hands are feakishly large.