Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   is this ok with you? child packsercher (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/507780-ok-you-child-packsercher.html)

superjames27 05-08-2013 01:47 PM

is this ok with you? child packsercher

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Qr6IJhRzw]2010 bowman platinum box/topps hot pack - YouTube[/url]

stumbled upon this and was a little dissapointed . even in the comments he defends his packsearching but my question is , because he is a kid does that make packsearching ok for kids like him?:mad:

MJZak1977 05-08-2013 01:58 PM

No not really. But when i was 10 i tried searching 80's rack packs for those high end bash brothers.

It is what is..Its not like this anything new.

tajikey 05-08-2013 02:00 PM

If I said yes, it's wrong, I'd be a hypocrite. I used to weigh packs at the grocery store my dad managed when I was 8. The packs that were slightly heavier had the Mickey Mantle finest refractor in it. I still have the full set :(

BearsFaninCltNC 05-08-2013 02:02 PM

i love his comment, at least he is not 30 and packsearching lol

gopherfan 05-08-2013 02:11 PM

So it's okay to do things that are wrong because he isn't old yet. It sounds like he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but justifies it because of his age. Great. I'm sure he will grow up to be a productive member of society.

MJZak1977 05-08-2013 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=gopherfan;4848225]So it's okay to do things that are wrong because he isn't old yet. It sounds like he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but justifies it because of his age. Great. I'm sure he will grow up to be a productive member of society.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Your going to base this kids future on the fact that he searched a pack of cards at Walmart? Moronic.

superjames27 05-08-2013 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=MJZak1977;4848248]Seriously? Your going to base this kids future on the fact that he searched a pack of cards at Walmart? Moronic.[/QUOTE]

how would you feel it it was your son packsearching?

centereacan06 05-08-2013 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=superjames27;4848296]how would you feel it it was your son packsearching?[/QUOTE]

This made me chuckle.

While I'm against pack searching, it is just baseball cards, and most of the time, they're ones that are worth $5. I'd much rather have my kid packsearch than do drugs or drink.

Rufusyo 05-08-2013 02:24 PM

There is a father son team that I have ran into at my Target, very sad. Not something I do, and I definitely wouldn't teach my kid to do so.

death2redemptions 05-08-2013 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=gopherfan;4848225]So it's okay to do things that are wrong because he isn't old yet. It sounds like he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but justifies it because of his age. Great. I'm sure he will grow up to be a productive member of society.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure he will grow up to be a serial killer rapist in the future based on the fact he searches packs... :rolleyes:

MJZak1977 05-08-2013 02:27 PM

I have 3 boys. All of them have done something i feel is worse then pack searching. Kids do dumb ish. Especially teenage boys. What you do as a father when they do something dumb is sit them down,explain to them why its wrong,tell them how they could have handled the situation better and HOPE they learn from it. Its not rocket science and its obvious you dont have kids,or at least kids old enough to do something stupid.

To answer you question directly. I would explain to him why its wrong to pack search. Pretty simple really.

Would i feel ashamed,hurt,saddened,upset,discouraged or feel as if my son wasnt going to end up a productive member of society? Not in the least. Like i said above..that would be moronic.

superjames27 05-08-2013 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=MJZak1977;4848335]I have 3 boys. All of them have done something i feel is worse then pack searching. Kids do dumb ish. Especially teenage boys. What you do as a father when they do something dumb is sit them down,explain to them why its wrong,tell them how they could have handled the situation better and HOPE they learn from it. Its not rocket science and its obvious you dont have kids,or at least kids old enough to do something stupid.

To answer you question directly. I would explain to him why its wrong to pack search. Pretty simple really.

Would i feel ashamed,hurt,saddened,upset,discouraged or feel as if my son wasnt going to end up a productive member of society? Not in the least. Like i said above..that would be moronic.[/QUOTE]

good answer i just like to play devils advocate

patsfan1106 05-08-2013 09:33 PM

I like this comment lol

"The #@#@#@#@!!! You look like a young DannyBacteria from Blowoutcards."

brandonlec 05-08-2013 09:36 PM

SLAM THOSE CARDS DOWN

-Brandon

mfw13 05-08-2013 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=MJZak1977;4848148]No not really. But when i was 10 i tried searching 80's rack packs for those high end bash brothers.

It is what is..Its not like this anything new.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Pack-searching in some form or another has been around forever. Back's in the 70's/80's when I was a kid, everyone would search for the racks with stars on top, and I remember in the 80's havinf friends who would right down Topps' distribution patterns so that the could tell who would be in a given rack just by seeing the cards on top/bottom.

Triple B 05-08-2013 09:42 PM

There's nothing in those packs and if ANYONE is going to do it, I'd rather see a kid do it than some unwashed 30 year old virgin. I love all of the guys judging the kids' future on this one stupid thing, like you all grew up to be god damn preachers. Pack searching. Give me a break. I looked at the tops and bottoms of the packs I bought as a kid looking for Blue Jays cards. You all should get off your soap boxes or at least have someone kick it out from under you.

Homerun 05-08-2013 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=patsfan1106;4851604]I like this comment lol

"The #@#@#@#@!!! You look like a young DannyBacteria from Blowoutcards."[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahahahaha

Strasburg 05-08-2013 09:47 PM

1. He threw a russel wilson rookie on the table that was worth more than his whole break combined.

2. Hs clearly got major mojo...

sweetsmelling15 05-08-2013 09:49 PM

I use to pack search when i was younger, pulled Ken Griffy Autos' and many other high end cards from retail. Now days its a waste of time to do that, I'll leave that to kids or other adults that don't have any thing better with there time to do. No i don't think there is any thing wrong with pack searching from a retail store, I've got bigger issues to worry about than "pack searchers" pulling MJD and Egnew jersey cards from Target. Pack Searching at a hobby store is a big NO-NO and I've seen it done many times.

Strasburg 05-08-2013 09:50 PM

Got a problem with egnew? Huhh? Huhhh?

sweetsmelling15 05-08-2013 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Strasburg;4851792]Got a problem with egnew? Huhh? Huhhh?[/QUOTE]

Well when the hit is worth less than the pack i do.

abcd1234 05-08-2013 09:54 PM

Went to the target tonight looking for some 2013 Bowman and what do I find...

A guy in his mid-20s searching through topps football. He had his girlfriend with him standing close buy talking on the cell. They had one of those gravity feeds of topps football and he took every single pack out of that sucker, feeling them up and down and eyeing them like a piece of meat. It was sick. Life's a gamble, play it that way.

No kid should turn into that guy, period.

superjames27 05-08-2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=abcd1234;4851845]Went to the target tonight looking for some 2013 Bowman and what do I find...

A guy in his mid-20s searching through topps football. He had his girlfriend with him standing close buy talking on the cell. They had one of those gravity feeds of topps football and he took every single pack out of that sucker, feeling them up and down and eyeing them like a piece of meat. It was sick. Life's a gamble, play it that way.

No kid should turn into that guy, period.[/QUOTE]

ya hopefully this kid doesnt turn into a greasy packsearcher haha

abbottbowden28 05-08-2013 09:59 PM

i dont care about packsearchers, but i do like messing with them. there is this father who is like 40 and his son who im guessing is 11-13 in the oshkosh target (should i be saying location?) and they search and i just mess with em.

sweetsmelling15 05-08-2013 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=abcd1234;4851845]Went to the target tonight looking for some 2013 Bowman and what do I find...

No kid should turn into that guy, period.[/QUOTE]

Why, whats so bad?