Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
stamkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western new york
Posts: 4,656
Default Bowman jumbo 2013 case prices?

I'm buying one for 1050 from a local dealer. This good?
Wondering what other places charging
stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 2,031
Default

yes, that is really good. BO was $1325 when I looked yesterday. My local deal offered me a case at $1300 and I passed.
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
stamkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western new york
Posts: 4,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisu View Post
yes, that is really good. BO was $1325 when I looked yesterday. My local deal offered me a case at $1300 and I passed.

Nice I will be getting it next week so ill let you guys know. He had hobby too. No price yet. What are those running?
stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamkos View Post
Nice I will be getting it next week so ill let you guys know. He had hobby too. No price yet. What are those running?
700-750 on eBay.

Anything under $850 is decent.

According to some members here, you should just buy as much jumbo cases @ $1100 as possible because in a year its value will double
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 11,095
Default

^^^ Oh you
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
According to some members here, you should just buy as much jumbo cases @ $1100 as possible because in a year its value will double
again, get your FACTS straight. everything you say & suggest is a bunch of crap.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,290
Default

That's a good price. Especially if you can get the wrappers out quick. I bought my 4 jumbos from the LCS for $500. Probably would have paid a little more, but he accepted my initial offer. His listed price was $140 ea.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
again, get your FACTS straight. everything you say & suggest is a bunch of crap.
Oh. I didn't know I was supposed to use facts to have irrational arguments.


So, if what I said previously wasn't crap, then...


Would you say my current argument surrounding Bowman Jumbo is...I don't know...like 60% more crap?
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
700-750 on eBay.

Anything under $850 is decent.

According to some members here, you should just buy as much jumbo cases @ $1100 as possible because in a year its value will double
please link everyone to jumbo cases being sold on ebay for $700-$750. thanks.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
please link everyone to jumbo cases being sold on ebay for $700-$750. thanks.
Please learn how to read. thanks.



note: Festus has me in a fighting mood
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 11,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
please link everyone to jumbo cases being sold on ebay for $700-$750. thanks.
I think he was referring to hobby cases.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Please learn how to read. thanks.



note: Festus has me in a fighting mood
oops - was looking at the thread topic.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Oh. I didn't know I was supposed to use facts to have irrational arguments.


So, if what I said previously wasn't crap, then...


Would you say my current argument surrounding Bowman Jumbo is...I don't know...like 60% more crap?
back up this comment:

"According to some members here, you should just buy as much jumbo cases @ $1100 as possible because in a year its value will double"

who's saying you ought to buy as much jumbo for 1100 as possible & in a year it'll double? there is no argument that topps let the presses run but it wont tank, it'll be absorbed over time & will be just fine.

and while you're at it back up your statement that boomo busted 50 cases of 2012 bowman last year too.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
back up this comment:

"According to some members here, you should just buy as much jumbo cases @ $1100 as possible because in a year its value will double"

who's saying you ought to buy as much jumbo for 1100 as possible & in a year it'll double? there is no argument that topps let the presses run but it wont tank, it'll be absorbed over time & will be just fine.

and while you're at it back up your statement that boomo busted 50 cases of 2012 bowman last year too.
That statement had no relevance in my argument.

I was being facetious about his whole comment surrounding big case breaks.

Who cares if Boomo busted 50 cases of 2012 bowman (which he didn't)? It's not like that even puts a dent in the 6000+ cases produced.
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,810
Default

Not that I have any dog in this fight, as I'm a non-sports guy, but that boomo didn't bust 50 cases last year? Just curious?

Watch a man's love for baseball cards be destroyed live on the internet - National Baseball Card | Examiner.com
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Not that I have any dog in this fight, as I'm a non-sports guy, but that boomo didn't bust 50 cases last year? Just curious?

Watch a man's love for baseball cards be destroyed live on the internet - National Baseball Card | Examiner.com
It was 2012 Bowman Draft.

I think his 50 case break single-handedly boosted the market for cases though .


The argument, is that despite a 60% increase in case production, 2013 Bowman Jumbo will defy the logic behind simple economic prediction models (see: supply and demand curves).


IF one of the prospects from this class goes all Bryce Harper on the MLB, then I can see that happening. Otherwise, I'm currently a non-believer.
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Who cares if Boomo busted 50 cases of 2012 bowman (which he didn't)? It's not like that even puts a dent in the 6000+ cases produced.
with boomo's 50 & the other guys busting 20+ for the first time it certainly does put a dent in the 1,800 more cases that were produced over 2012's numbers.

including boomo i know of 120+ cases that will ripped by first time breakers of the product. that's a dent.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
It was 2012 Bowman Draft.
looks like you finally got your facts straight

festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
IF one of the prospects from this class goes all Bryce Harper on the MLB, then I can see that happening. Otherwise, I'm currently a non-believer.
you're free to believe whatever you want but it's not going to take a harper-type to drive it. look over the checklist & you'll notice how many top 100 guys are included.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
looks like you finally got your facts straight



Darn, if he had actually busted 2012 Bowman it would make my argument so much stronger.

I think I see your logic here:

Boomo's case break = 50 cases

50 cases = > 1 percent of production run

1 percent > 99 percent (using Occupy's logic)

Boomo's case break ≥ 99 percent of production run

Supply effectively controlled.
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Darn, if he had actually busted 2012 Bowman it would make my argument so much stronger.

I think I see your logic here:

Boomo's case break = 50 cases

50 cases = > 1 percent of production run

1 percent > 99 percent (using Occupy's logic)

Boomo's case break ≥ 99 percent of production run

Supply effectively controlled.
ohhhh so now you're arguing the entire production run trying to look like a smart guy. forget it. 2012 prices have skyrocketed. we're talking about the increased number in cases this year from 2012. what is it? 1800?

120+ cases that i know of that are being ripped by guys that didnt do it last year is again a DENT. who knows how many more first timers there are that are ripping quantity cases. 1,800 more WILL be absorbed into the market quite easily.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
stamkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western new york
Posts: 4,656
Default

Thanks guys 1050 per jumbo and 700 for reg I may try one of each
stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
ohhhh so now you're arguing the entire production run trying to look like a smart guy. forget it. 2012 prices have skyrocketed. we're talking about the increased number in cases this year from 2012. what is it? 1800?

120+ cases that i know of that are being ripped by guys that didnt do it last year is again a DENT. who knows how many more first timers there are that are ripping quantity cases. 1,800 more WILL be absorbed into the market quite easily.

So if these big case rippers are ripping as much as you believe, then they are inadvertently saturating the market with inserts/autos/etc, further decreasing the value of 2013 bowman cards.


I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pay $1800 for a case filled with cards that have been greatly devalued by market saturation. Would you?
__________________
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
So if these big case rippers are ripping as much as you believe, then they are inadvertently saturating the market with inserts/autos/etc, further decreasing the value of 2013 bowman cards.


I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pay $1800 for a case filled with cards that have been greatly devalued by market saturation. Would you?
i wouldnt pay 1800 either but there will be people that will. there will always be the "chase" that only unopened product can provide.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.