Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Worst replacement of my short collecting life

I've been waiting well over a year for a dual on card auto of Roy halladay/cliff lee monumental markings from 2011 Topps marquee. I bought this redemption on eBay for $150 because I've really wanted a dual on card auto of these two guys for a while. Well halladay has signed about 1000 on card auto cards since this product was produced and I've accepted the card will probably never be produced so I requested a replacement.

Card redeemed 2011 Topps marquee monumental markings dual auto halladay/ C. Lee numbered to /15

Card replaced with 2012 Topps triple threads mike Napoli auto 6/18

Topps you make me want to cry. Worst about everything is I requested this redemption back in February and they sent the original replacement to the wrong address. My current address is an APO so I waited another month and half to receive the card and now I want to send it back but I won't be in Kuwait much longer and in all honesty I don't have a state side address to send it too right now. Do I just bite the bullet and take the $140 burn?
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would call them and tell them you will send the card back and you want a card that's EQUAL to the redemption!
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

God no.... that is despicable.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Heck. No. How a dual auto is equivalent to a single auto of higher numbering of a crummier player by far is beyond me.

Though should we be surprised by the jokes of replacements Topps is throwing out? Worse than a cruise ship comedian.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Do you have any idea what the original replacement was? Maybe they felt something hokey was going on and did not want to risk another higher value card.

I was mad in 2010 when I bought a Pablo Sandoval MULTI-COLORED PATCH card (paid extra due to supposed to be a colored patch) off of Ebay....the card came and it was a thin swatch of white, only half in the window, no colors, possibly a swatch off of an employee's sock.....they told me nothing they would do about it, they were all made like that....that was the last time I ever bought a redemption card.
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonCuff View Post
Do you have any idea what the original replacement was? Maybe they felt something hokey was going on and did not want to risk another higher value card.

I was mad in 2010 when I bought a Pablo Sandoval MULTI-COLORED PATCH card (paid extra due to supposed to be a colored patch) off of Ebay....the card came and it was a thin swatch of white, only half in the window, no colors, possibly a swatch off of an employee's sock.....they told me nothing they would do about it, they were all made like that....that was the last time I ever bought a redemption card.
I have no idea what the other redemption was. I gave them the correct address to send the card to and Tristar sent it to the wrong address. Topps acknowledge the mistake was their fault and sent me a new replacement.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
I would call them and tell them you will send the card back and you want a card that's EQUAL to the redemption!
I'll try that. Maybe I can have them ship it to the San Diego naval base for me.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

First of all: why was that card not produced? Halladay is up to date on all signings

Second: That replacement is one of the worst I've ever seen! Definately send it back. I just got a 2012 TTT Carlos Gonzalez Triple Jsy auto replaced with a Austin Jackson 2011 TTT Unity Jsy auto /99!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWilliamsFan View Post
First of all: why was that card not produced? Halladay is up to date on all signings

Second: That replacement is one of the worst I've ever seen! Definately send it back. I just got a 2012 TTT Carlos Gonzalez Triple Jsy auto replaced with a Austin Jackson 2011 TTT Unity Jsy auto /99!
Idk why they never made it. Like I said halladay has signed a ton since then so the card will probably never be made.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Topps is a complete disgrace. These stories happen every single day. All they need to do is hire someone that actually knows about cards. Most of these aren't even in the same ballpark as equal and even a monkey SHOULD be able to know that but apparently I insult the monkey by linking him to Topps.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWilliamsFan View Post

I'm waiting on the same card as the OP. the delay is Cliff. He hasn't signed anything for Topps since about 2010. Don't think I'll ever call for a replacement, though.
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Oh my god, that is an awful replacement. Send it back right away.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

One of the worst replacements I have ever seen.
Zoop is online now   Reply With Quote