Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
Put his number on Craigslist as an add for free sex
No. Free Scrap Metal.... TRUST ME...
Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
No. Free Scrap Metal.... TRUST ME...
TRUST HIM!!!

Haha...as somebody that has been in this business, minus the narcotic addiction i can assure you he will have to disconnect his phone...

actually this might be counter productive. Wait until you have his address for the craigslist add.
MJZak1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #28 (permalink)

From my research I'm pretty sure he still lives at home with dad. Once I hear back from ebay on Monday I'm thinking about printing this thread out and mailing it to his father with a note about what exactly his son is doing. Thoughts?
rutgersjpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

I told him that his girlfriend signed him up for a hot dog eating contest
phillies347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

He's still telling one of the users on here that the shipment has been delayed. I want to see how his situation pans out before the real harassment begins.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

No real solid update, but 3 other folks have stepped up and let me know that they too have been swindle by this guy. Between the four of us I'm sure someone is bound to make sure this guy gets what's coming to him. Thanks everyone for showing support, whether it be by posting your opinions on this board or by prank calling the piece of garbage.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #32 (permalink)

This thread in its entirety makes me want to vomit.
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

sorry to hear the troubles, I hope everything works out for you. Scum bags like this give us Ebay dealers a bad name.
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

I live in the 203 - Does he provide any address?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

He prob. only screwed the people who used paypal, and didn't screw the people who used credit cards. Statistically some people will use paypal and he prob. uses that to his advantage.
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Never trust a guy who writes in all caps...
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
Put his number on Craigslist as an add for free sex
Don't do it.. I am in the middle of a criminal complaint bc I posted an ex bosses # and posted free car call dick @ ###-#### and the guy call the cops like a jerk-ff
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgersjpm View Post
Back in December I preordered a case of 2013 Bowman Jumbo. Most of you here know how the rest of the story goes. For months we remained in contact. Come Monday, he's gone. Phone goes from no answer to constantly off, no response to my ebay messages and definitely no case in hand. Ebay is looking into it and I should find out what the resolution is on Monday. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the saga.

Here's a link to his ebay page... eBay My World - trading-cards-gallery.

Feel free check out his page and ask 5 questions each about an item.

You can be sure I won't stop at just getting my money back. Lou's going down.

Also, his phone number is 203-391-8256. Feel free to call him and let him know what you think about folks like him.
Just a heads up, posting someone's phone number is one thing. Urging others to call the number opens you up to a harassment charge.
greentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #39 (permalink)

This is scary because the seller is considered the have the "highest seller rating on eBay"
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Just a heads up, posting someone's phone number is one thing. Urging others to call the number opens you up to a harassment charge.
Now now, this isn't the place to be giving unsolicited legal advice.

Anyways, the guy posts his number in the descriptions of his auctions, so it is fair game, see: 1910 T 218 Champions Tommy Murphy Card 133 Graded 5 5 EX by BVG | eBay
Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

Update for those who are still owed a refund. An ebayer sent me a message telling me how they got their money back...

i was reading your story on blowout i just went throught the exact same thing i contacted his local police dept and told them i wanted to take out a felony warrant for his arrest for falsly recieving funds with no intentions of sending product. it took me one day to get my money back after they called him.

For those of you that aren't being helped by ebay because you paid with available paypal funds, this might be your answer.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Just so you all know I am going to give this a shot tomorrow. I'll let you know what comes of it.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
First thing you should do is file a report with your police department. I know it sounds stupid, but Ebay(recommends this) and other agencies look at that as a good first step. Very few people will put their word to making a false report knowing there is serious repercussions for a false report.

Also, I would take the phone number down from here because if he gets too many calls and changes his number, you have one less way to contact him. If you don't know his address, you used to be able to request that through ebay.

I had a seller scam me and quit ebay..took a lot of persistence (2 years) to track him and other family down through online resources. I finally got an uncle to give me his phone number. Through his myspace page (yea, it was a while ago) I learned he had graduated the State Police academy. A message on his machine that they might not like to hire someone who commits fraud resulted in a return call and a refund the next day.
The thing I don't like about this is that you only went for the quick settlement to get your money back. Had you reported him to the authorities you not only would have eventually got your money back but you also would have kept a thief from getting a job in law enforcement.

To the OP, good luck in getting your money back, things sound promising for you.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
The thing I don't like about this is that you only went for the quick settlement to get your money back. Had you reported him to the authorities you not only would have eventually got your money back but you also would have kept a thief from getting a job in law enforcement.
Yea, that was a thought...I think the wife makes me watch too much "death and mayhem" (real crime shows) and I decided it wasn't worth ending a persons career with all the total nutjobs out there. It was $105, but obviously the principal. If it was $1000 I would have drove the 3 hours to his town and filed a report in person.

100 days until the 2014 National in Cleveland (my 22nd National)
Gmrson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #45 (permalink)

Called the Stamford, CT police department and it didn't get me very far. They said I need to file through my local police station first and the case will then be forwarded on to Stamford. Everyone also seems hesitant to do anything if ebay is still in the picture. If anyone has any recommendations how we can do more than just insure that everyone gets their money back, I'm all ears. This kid needs to at least be banned from ebay and, in a perfect world, penalized in the court of law.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

Got some stupid form letter about how to report sellers who are in violation of ebay policies. Here is my response...

Chelcee,

I appreciate you acknowledging my troubles, however, your company has a very big problem on it's hands. The seller in question not only sold cases of sports cards in November/December/January that were never delivered, but chances are the cases he sold in March/April/May (2013 Bowman Chrome) will not be delivered as promised come September. Now, I can't speak for his history as a seller, but something tells me that the cases he sold as preorders at the end of 2012 aren't the first cases he never delivered. Yet, there's no mention of our issues or issues prior in his feedback. It would be nice if Ebay could let everyone who filed a complaint know that something's being done to address the issue.

I realize that your capabilities are limited, but if there is documentation anywhere of each of our complaints and there is a history of this type of behavior, I sincerely hope that your company is addressing the issue. As of right now, we have no choice other than to believe that he's getting away with his illegal actions. Honest and active buyers are the only ones being penalized at the moment.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Martin
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #47 (permalink)

Guess who I just got an ebay message from. The one and only trading-cards-gallery. See below for his message to me and my response.

Trading-Cards-Gallery
I want you to know I am ashamed and embarassed for what has happened. I was screwed over and now I am paying the price. I have made a 20,000 dollar transfer for the money to go into my paypal account. In 3-4 business days as soon as it is in there I will be issuing refunds. I have also over the last month been very sick. I have been in and out of the hospital. I'm very sorry for not keeping in touch. I really did not mean for this to happen. Please lets take care of this without police. I did not mean for this to happen so please let me make it right.

My Response
Who were you supposed to receive the cards from? I can only speak for myself about not getting the police involved. You've pissed off quite a few people and I can't promise that they don't take legal action. Correct what you've done wrong for everyone you've done wrong to and we'll see what happens. Also, let this be a lesson learned. If I were you I would refund those folks that preordered 2013 Bowman Chome cases with you as well and let them know that your supplier is unreliable.

If you, in fact, are sick, then I am sorry to hear that. However, depending on what the illnesses is I don't see why you just up and disappeared like that. You had an obligation to complete the transactions you made. We're all reasonable people. I know for a fact that you contacted some. There are conflicting excuses as to why we didn't get our cards (delayed shipment, you being sick) and to top it all off you remained in touch with others long after you remained in touch with me.

Please get me my money back as soon as you can.

The saga continues...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

Heck of a lot nicer then I would have been.
drumrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #49 (permalink)

Where are folks at with their situation? Hoping to get an update from all who had an issue.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumrun View Post
Heck of a lot nicer then I would have been.
Why wouldnt you be nice until you got your money back lol. You don't want to tell him off and then push him away again.
Madrid1028 is online now   Reply With Quote