Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A Happy Topps Redemption Replacement Story

I have been waiting on a 2011 Triple Threads Matt Cain Gold auto/jersey #ed to 25 for well over a year now. This card was sent to me by our dear friend Corbin (mmbtvs) from a giveaway he did. I contacted Topps last fall about replacing it, and was blown off as usual. I then bought a redemption for a Buster Posey/ Joe Mauer dual auto book from 2012 Five Star that ran outside the 16 week window, so I called about replacing that as well.
The woman I talked to was pleasant and helpful, and said she would make a note that I was a Giant fan and would like Giant players for my replacements. The package arrived today, and I'm happy with the results.
For the Cain I received a Posey Gold Futures GU jersey /50, and a Posey Gold Futures auto /15.
For the Posey/Mauer, I received a Triple Threads Triple Jersey/Auto of Posey, Mauer and Johhny Bench. All cards for the PC, thanks to Corbin for the Cain which turned into the Poseys, and I still got Mauer and Posey plus Bench.
I'm satisfied.
signal_fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great replacements! Glad topps came through for you, that Posey/Mauer/Bench sounds like an awesome card
Schadigung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very cool triple. The 2 Poseys over the Cain is pretty sweet too.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

nice. ive been wanting one of those triple threads of Mauer, Posey, and Bench for a while, but I can't see myself spending that much for sticker autos
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome replacements man!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Atleast you got her. I always get the guy who says " yeah he hasn't signed and we will be contacting him soon to sign." Nice replacements..
Parky755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Very nice replacements!

It's a shame that the happy replacement threads don't go 2+ pages like the "Topps screwed me" threads.
Positivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positivity View Post
Very nice replacements!

It's a shame that the happy replacement threads don't go 2+ pages like the "Topps screwed me" threads.
It is because this is what Topps is SUPPOSED to do. Nothing to see here. When a company continues to screw their customers that shouldn't raise anger? The fact that you had to point out what an exception it was just makes my point. Great for OP, I hope Topps starts to make this normal operating procedure but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
It is because this is what Topps is SUPPOSED to do. Nothing to see here. When a company continues to screw their customers that shouldn't raise anger? The fact that you had to point out what an exception it was just makes my point. Great for OP, I hope Topps starts to make this normal operating procedure but I'm not holding my breath.
I won't hijack the thread anymore, but if this is a machine that you feel the need to rage against, do something about it. Make Topps accountable. Blow up their email, CS, twitter, whatever. Take it as far up the ladder as you need/want to take it. Or simply stop buying their products. The fastest way to affect change is to put a dent in their profit. If enough people do any of this, they might actually make a change.

But no one will do that. Everyone will continue to bust product and complain when they don't get a replacement worth twice what the original redemption is worth and then come here to vent their frustrations about it.
Positivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positivity View Post
I won't hijack the thread anymore, but if this is a machine that you feel the need to rage against, do something about it. Make Topps accountable. Blow up their email, CS, twitter, whatever. Take it as far up the ladder as you need/want to take it. Or simply stop buying their products. The fastest way to affect change is to put a dent in their profit. If enough people do any of this, they might actually make a change.

But no one will do that. Everyone will continue to bust product and complain when they don't get a replacement worth twice what the original redemption is worth and then come here to vent their frustrations about it.
Exclusive licenses tend to make it hard to do that or I am sure it would happen. I am not yet at the point to give up collecting baseball to make a point. Outside of that I agree with you but it doesn't excuse Topps for their crappy practices. It just shows that I have poor discipline.