Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default 2012 BDPP auto set price?

Hey guys was thinking about doing a 2012 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects, prospect autos base set. I was wondering 2 things
1)How much would the whole set cost (approximately)
2)Would it be worth it to complete it?

Last edited by zachc99; 05-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.
zachc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Its be worth a good amount thinking that at least one of those guys has to become a star.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

I do the Draft autos sets every year since and have a blast. Its definitely tough to figure out the right time to buy different players unless you have all of the cash immediately available.

2009 - Spent around $150
2010 - Spent around $350
2011 - Just missing Starling, total will be roughly $425
2012 - Haven't done the full math but with additional autos I'm guessing around $500-$550 to complete

Each year is expensive and every year the sets are becoming larger, but I have noticed that at least when I calculated things out late last year, I had still come out cheaper than current sale values for sets.
rarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarthur View Post
I do the Draft autos sets every year since and have a blast. Its definitely tough to figure out the right time to buy different players unless you have all of the cash immediately available.

2009 - Spent around $150
2010 - Spent around $350
2012 - Haven't done the full math but with additional autos I'm guessing around $500-$550 to complete

Each year is expensive and every year the sets are becoming larger, but I have noticed that at least when I calculated things out late last year, I had still come out cheaper than current sale values for sets.
I got around $500 for this years set
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Woulda been cheaper about 1-2 months ago when u could get a Zunino for $50-ish. Now he's $75-$100 might be able to find him for a decent price here on BO though, I think once u get the top 5 prospects outa the way it should be pretty inexpensive will be fun
Michigan300rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

2009 - Spent around $150
2010 - Spent around $350

its funny, you ended up being totally right about starling. you can grab his chrome for less than 40 now

also, it took me around 525 dollars to complete the 2011 set and i did it about 3 months ago
Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan300rum View Post
Woulda been cheaper about 1-2 months ago when u could get a Zunino for $50-ish. Now he's $75-$100 might be able to find him for a decent price here on BO though, I think once u get the top 5 prospects outa the way it should be pretty inexpensive will be fun
Zunnio is about $55 again...
Yeah I already have a few of the bigger guys out of the way so it should be a fun experience, maybe once I finish one i'll try and get a second set
Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo27 View Post
its funny, you ended up being totally right about starling. you can grab his chrome for less than 40 now

also, it took me around 525 dollars to complete the 2011 set and i did it about 3 months ago
I've definitely seen them trending down a little near the $40ish dollar range and am ready to buy. Much more reasonable price for his prospect potential in my opinion.

But as another mentioned how after getting the big guys out of the way it should be easy. This is very true. If you're looking to get the set done as soon as possible definitely by all means throw the cash at it and knock it out. In my case with a limited budget, the best area to save money on is in those cheaper guys. Save on shipping where you can is definitely huge. Make lots of offers. And follow prices/performance. Always easiest to buy while still in short season ball or during a slump. With a set around 40 cards, saving even $3 a card will save you $120. I certainly am not perfect with this and there are many I wish I would've pounced on at different times. Regardless of how you do it, it will be fun.
rarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've definitely seen them trending down a little near the $40ish dollar range and am ready to buy. Much more reasonable price for his prospect potential in my opinion.

But as another mentioned how after getting the big guys out of the way it should be easy. This is very true. If you're looking to get the set done as soon as possible definitely by all means throw the cash at it and knock it out. In my case with a limited budget, the best area to save money on is in those cheaper guys. Save on shipping where you can is definitely huge. Make lots of offers. And follow prices/performance. Always easiest to buy while still in short season ball or during a slump. With a set around 40 cards, saving even $3 a card will save you $120. I certainly am not perfect with this and there are many I wish I would've pounced on at different times. Regardless of how you do it, it will be fun.
Yeah I too am on a limited budget but just had a huge cash flow come in from umpiring (I'm only 15) and was able to buy some stuff
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachc99 View Post
Zunnio is about $55 again...
Yeah I already have a few of the bigger guys out of the way so it should be a fun experience, maybe once I finish one i'll try and get a second set
You should go after a refractor set after you complete this! I always wanted a refractor or blue refraftor set but don't have the patients for it. My lack of patients tends to lead me into trouble usually if I see a card I want I buy it then a few days later its $50 cheaper... Either way best of luck keep us updated, would love to see a completed set
Michigan300rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan300rum View Post
You should go after a refractor set after you complete this! I always wanted a refractor or blue refraftor set but don't have the patients for it. My lack of patients tends to lead me into trouble usually if I see a card I want I buy it then a few days later its $50 cheaper... Either way best of luck keep us updated, would love to see a completed set
You see I didn't think of the ref set! That's a great idea and I will update this thread as it comes together