Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Ebay seller refunding money, refusing to send item...opinions...

So here's the story...bid on a card, paid immediately after the auction. This morning I find a message from the seller telling me they saw the auction was much lower than he expected the day before and was "trying" to cancel the auction, but due to the storms in his area it affected his internet connection and he wasn't able to cancel it.

So he refunded me the money and says sorry for the inconvenience...It's good I got my refund, but to me that's shady as they come. He has 2300 positive feedbacks and I'm wondering what I should do considering we can't give negatives for a situation like that and I definitely don't want "retaliation"....

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

He can't retaliate because he didn't complete the transaction. My opinion as a seller- I've never liked this practice. Both the refund and canceling an auction early. If you don't want to take the risk, don't put the card up for auction. That's my little diatribe.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

So supposedly his internet connection was affected yet he was still able to view the item and see what the current bid was? So what, did the internet connection only go down when he tried to sign in? That sounds extremely shady to me....

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 05-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd peg him with a negative. That was clearly a negative transaction. His excuse is lame and doesn't hold water.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

just let is pass and re-purchase for cheaper once he relists. You neg, he'll probably get it removed and he can't neg you anyway. he may block you at this point from bidding on any of his auctions but he doesn't sound bright enough to know how to do that considering he would have been hit with fees for cancelling early anyway.

I'm mainly a seller and I'm giving out this advice...weird...
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
I'd peg him with a negative. That was clearly a negative transaction. His excuse is lame and doesn't hold water.
I have to agree with this, and that is as a seller....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
just let is pass and re-purchase for cheaper once he relists. You neg, he'll probably get it removed and he can't neg you anyway. he may block you at this point from bidding on any of his auctions but he doesn't sound bright enough to know how to do that considering he would have been hit with fees for cancelling early anyway.

Funny thing is he said I could buy it from his store at a BIN for $50 more than what I won it for. It's been in his store for several months now as I watched it go from BIN/BO couple times to most recently the auction and now he said it will be available in his store if I'm interested.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am pretty sure I see the card you are talking about and it says the guy is in Kansas. I haven't been following any of the weather ever since the severe storms that had hit Oklahoma so I have no idea if his area really got hit or not, but I would still consider leaving the negative. If you don't want a card to go cheap, then don't list it without a reserve or don't wait until the last minute to cancel it. And again that excuse that he could see the price of the auction but couldn't cancel it seems lame. Would be more believable if he had just said his internet was down all day and that he didn't get a chance to see the price and if he had known then he would have cancelled it.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

is it bigboydshillcards?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
I am pretty sure I see the card you are talking about and it says the guy is in Kansas.
Yes, they're from Kansas. Here's the actual message:

Yesterday I saw this item was gravely under-selling and I attempted to cancel the bids and end the item early but was unable to do so because of the storms in my area and my internet connection. I see that it has undersold by more than $50 from what I would let it go for and will be unable to sell it to you. I will be refunding your money and I apologize for the inconvenience, but the item will be available at a fixed price of $129.99 in my store later today if you still want the item.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Doesn't matter whether his net was down or not. Listing to end early if the bid isn't high enough is a crap practice and is NO excuse. If you don't have the balls to let it ride start it where you're happy. The guy has no business ethics at all.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

Why would he probably get it removed? Ebay doesn't remove negative feedback unless something really ridiculous happens. And it has to be REALLY bad. Heck there was that story on the forum here just a couple days ago where someone who never even paid for an item left negative feedback for a seller ever after sending harassing messages and ebay refused to remove that. Why do you think would they remove a negative feedback a buyer left a seller after the seller refused to send someone an item legitimately won at auction?

Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
Yes, they're from Kansas. Here's the actual message:

Yesterday I saw this item was gravely under-selling and I attempted to cancel the bids and end the item early but was unable to do so because of the storms in my area and my internet connection. I see that it has undersold by more than $50 from what I would let it go for and will be unable to sell it to you. I will be refunding your money and I apologize for the inconvenience, but the item will be available at a fixed price of $129.99 in my store later today if you still want the item.
Yea that is complete garbage. NEG HIM! Right there he admitted he already has a set price in mind and wouldn't let it go for less than that. If you have a set price in mind, that is why they have BIN/BO. You cant just send it to auction and if it doesn't meet the amount you wanted refuse to send it. This guy is a complete tool

Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

What is the exact ebay username?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Will Middlebrooks Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Auto BGS 9 5 RC Rookie Autograph | eBay

jczyz006
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

I would have to agree, neg him, that is ridiculous, and is definitely a negative transaction.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yep, I'd neg him. Scumbag seller.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Why would he probably get it removed? Ebay doesn't remove negative feedback unless something really ridiculous happens. And it has to be REALLY bad. Heck there was that story on the forum here just a couple days ago where someone who never even paid for an item left negative feedback for a seller ever after sending harassing messages and ebay refused to remove that. Why do you think would they remove a negative feedback a buyer left a seller after the seller refused to send someone an item legitimately won at auction?
I was just guessing that he will use the olde internet was down (funny how that south park was on last night too) and try to get the negative removed. if it is a large seller he won't care either way if there is a neg on the account since the positives will outweigh it in the long run. I agree it would be hard to get it done, but if he has all the right connections then he could get it done.
hell go check out the other thread of the fake/manipulated cards that are or were ended by someone and they came on here gloating about how no one will stop them (I think it's that wisconsin-dani dude) ebay doesn't care that the cards are altered or fake, as long as they get money and keep the big sellers happy. people like you and me are small fish.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

ok after seeing the sellers message, please feel free to tell him to eat some fishsticks. that's crap.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I was just guessing that he will use the olde internet was down (funny how that south park was on last night too) and try to get the negative removed. if it is a large seller he won't care either way if there is a neg on the account since the positives will outweigh it in the long run. I agree it would be hard to get it done, but if he has all the right connections then he could get it done.
hell go check out the other thread of the fake/manipulated cards that are or were ended by someone and they came on here gloating about how no one will stop them (I think it's that wisconsin-dani dude) ebay doesn't care that the cards are altered or fake, as long as they get money and keep the big sellers happy. people like you and me are small fish.
He'll never get this negative removed.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree, now that I have seen the message. please strike anything else I said besides telling him to eat fishsticks from the record
Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm just hoping he doesn't try and tarnish what little reputation I have going on there. I agree with several other people here on if you know a price you want, don't put it up auction style. I've had to send out several cards I lost on...once I ended up paying the seller to take my card! (what I had in it/what it sold for)...

Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Sent him a message regarding one of his other auctions.

Hi,
Wanted to make sure there are no storms in your area before I bid on this card. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Another money grubbing whore but there are plenty of people here who will have ZERO issue with this seller. The ethically challenged nitwits are growing by the day

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
I'm just hoping he doesn't try and tarnish what little reputation I have going on there. I agree with several other people here on if you know a price you want, don't put it up auction style. I've had to send out several cards I lost on...once I ended up paying the seller to take my card! (what I had in it/what it sold for)...
He can't do anything. Don't worry about it. He knows he was in the wrong and should expect a negative.