Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps Pending Redemption Question

Has anyone actually called topps on a redemption that is marked "pending" and actually became marked as "shipped" a few days after the call? Is there such a chance of this happening?!
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well I called them several weeks ago about some pending redemptions and the woman said they would fulfill them with replacements, I then entered 2 Topps Chrome FB codes and received them before the replacements but the others still show pending so nope.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Well I called them several weeks ago about some pending redemptions and the woman said they would fulfill them with replacements, I then entered 2 Topps Chrome FB codes and received them before the replacements but the others still show pending so nope.
Ok, thanks. I was going to call them now if someone actually had success in this but maybe not!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

I actually just got off the phone with Topps regarding a redemption that I called about a few months ago to get replaced. I still haven't received anything in the mail and it still says pending.

Guy checked the history, saw my initial call and saw the request put in for a replacement but that was where the trail stopped.

He's supposed to work on it and get it replaced for me and sent out soon. He also did say that it will still show as "pending" because their system is old and outdated. Only redemptions that are actually fulfilled go to "shipped"

So, if you've got a bryce harper auto you were waiting on, and instead of getting it replaced and they finally get that card and send it out, it will go from pending to shipped. If you ask and they send you a replacement it will always say pending.

makes no sense to me, but whatever....it's topps.
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ok, just gave them a call (they actually answered within 2 minutes of D-Wright's jingle!), spoke to a Richard again (maybe it's another Richard since this guy sounds younger).

He gave me the usual thing that the card is being sent to be signed...I told him the card is live and in the market. He said..."oh, thought you meant the purple refractor auto"...umm...I wish, but no...it's the gold.

He then said that to call next week at the same time to see that maybe he has a tracking number available since the warehouse only provides it to them when the card is ready to ship.

The wait continues...