Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default National Sports Collectors Convention tips!

well here is my official 10 things to keep in mind! feel free to add yours



1) If your on the fence about going...... GO.. Alot of people say that all the dealers are way overpriced.. well their not, i spent 250$ (one day mind you) and eventually sold everything off for a cool $55 profit.

2) Bring a backpack! very important to keep your cash and treasures safe!

3) If your going for more than a day, Go out at night! see a Cubs or White Sox Game and best of yet.... Go stuff your face! theres some good resturaunts.

4) take advantage of Grading Promotions, and free wax!, thats one of the bonuses for going to the national, ustalize it!

5) Bring as much as cash as possible, the more you have, the more fun you will have!

6) Bring cards to trade and sell! dealers are always looking for new inventory!

7) BUST WAX---- whether its 1 box or whether its 10 cases... BUST something... at Blowouts booth of course.

8) bring a snack/ water or soda- a water at the last national was 3.50!

9) If your going for Only one day, have a plan!

10) If you see a card at a certain table and are unsure if you want it/ want to look up the ebay SV, have a pad and pencil or wrie the isle and table down on your smartphone... I did this ALOT last year


HAVE FUN!

48 days

also, check this out! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/n...ml#post5082835
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeWilliamsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,763
Default

I really wish I was going. maybe next year when it comes back to the east coast
__________________
Buying: Any JP Crawford 2013 Draft (Paying a PREMIUM for Under Armour Variation Autos: Signed "J Crawford")
MikeWilliamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWilliamsFan View Post
I really wish I was going. maybe next year when it comes back to the east coast
Ill keep my eyes peeled for Halladay
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Bars and Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,759
Default

Ustalize it!
__________________
http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60/barsandbar/
"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation." - Denzel Washington
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: baltimore
Posts: 2,948
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

make sure to chew food with your teeth. don't put it in your ears. the food won't make it to your stomach if you put the food in your ears.
JohnRyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
make sure to chew food with your teeth. don't put it in your ears. the food won't make it to your stomach if you put the food in your ears.
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeWilliamsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
Ill keep my eyes peeled for Halladay
okay!
__________________
Buying: Any JP Crawford 2013 Draft (Paying a PREMIUM for Under Armour Variation Autos: Signed "J Crawford")
MikeWilliamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: baltimore
Posts: 2,948
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

if an atlanta braves fan that really doesn't like redemptions approaches you with a present in his pocket, do not accept said present
JohnRyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
if an atlanta braves fan that really doesn't like redemptions approaches you with a present in his pocket, do not accept said present
its prob cocaine
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Truemountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: WV
Posts: 3,957
Default

DONT GO DOWN TOWN AT NIGHT!!!! I went on a cross country trip from VA to Seattle. Drove through chicago (about 1-2 am) and I was 12 at the time and didnt know better i was taking photos....I took photos of a drug deal. I nearly got my family shot true story
__________________
Collect: Yankees, and April 15th cards
Diehard WVU and New York Yankees fan
I only accept paypal and ship in the USA
twitter: @Truemountaineer
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
DONT GO DOWN TOWN AT NIGHT!!!! I went on a cross country trip from VA to Seattle. Drove through chicago (about 1-2 am) and I was 12 at the time and didnt know better i was taking photos....I took photos of a drug deal. I nearly got my family shot true story
I kind of want to LOL at this...but that's messed up haha. Glad you made it out safe...I've heard the restaurant scene in Chicago is one of the best...!! Wish I was going but a bit far for me
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCollector View Post
I kind of want to LOL at this...but that's messed up haha. Glad you made it out safe...I've heard the restaurant scene in Chicago is one of the best...!! Wish I was going but a bit far for me
Drive! im driving from philly, a 14 hour trek!
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: baltimore
Posts: 2,948
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
its prob cocaine
not to give away any surprises, but it won't be in powder form
JohnRyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dolyestown Pa
Posts: 957
Default

Don't feel bad Im not going this year. Went last year in B-More and plan to just keep my money this summer and buy 3-4 cases of National Treasures Basketball and love every minute of it. Tons of cases breaks will also be breaking live from Chi-town so don't feel bad you can always jump in on the breaks and even get into the free pack giveaways Panini, topps and other companies do. But if you do go, bring a ton of money, its not worth going if you don't have a few grand. Unless you live right next door and it's not hard at all to get there and back. Can't wait for Next year in Ohio!! Maybe Kyrie will be there
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
Drive! im driving from philly, a 14 hour trek!
It's also a b***ch to get out of my job. I just took off a
Week for a trip to Clearwater. It's only a part time job..and plenty of people to replace me for whenever I want to go away...but no..they want me there :-/ if it wasn't good money I'd quit a long time ago. Lol.
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Carrollton (Dallas), TX
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
make sure to chew food with your teeth. don't put it in your ears. the food won't make it to your stomach if you put the food in your ears.
Someone has never watched Penn and Teller
__________________
My 2012 Bowman Platinum Dillon Maples Collection
Base: 34...Green: 14...Blue:5...Gold:6...Red: 1...Atomic: 3...Printing Plates: 2
CubsFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: baltimore
Posts: 2,948
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFanInTX View Post
Someone has never watched Penn and Teller
i smoked pots with penn and teller. it was me, penn and teller, johnny hopkins and sloan kettering. we were blazing it up like everyday
JohnRyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
Drive! im driving from philly, a 14 hour trek!
I'm also in Philly..14 hours is too much. As
Other said..probably wait until its closer next year! Lol.
Good luck with the drive! Going straight
Through??
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCollector View Post
I'm also in Philly..14 hours is too much. As
Other said..probably wait until its closer next year! Lol.
Good luck with the drive! Going straight
Through??
nope, im going with my cuz and my mom, were stopping in canton to see the Football hall of fame and then going another three hours to southbend to spend the night, then waking up early and getting to the show!
1
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Carrollton (Dallas), TX
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
i smoked pots with penn and teller. it was me, penn and teller, johnny hopkins and sloan kettering. we were blazing it up like everyday
you sir, are someone I would like to get to know.
__________________
My 2012 Bowman Platinum Dillon Maples Collection
Base: 34...Green: 14...Blue:5...Gold:6...Red: 1...Atomic: 3...Printing Plates: 2
CubsFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Truemountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: WV
Posts: 3,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
Drive! im driving from philly, a 14 hour trek!
wait it only takes you 14 hours??? Im driving from southern VA (no im not a redneck) Its only taking me 10 hours
__________________
Collect: Yankees, and April 15th cards
Diehard WVU and New York Yankees fan
I only accept paypal and ship in the USA
twitter: @Truemountaineer
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
coyne81486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,821
Default

Yep, it will be a 14 hour drive all together not counting stops, why are you confused?
__________________
Archie Bradley--- Gregory Polanco---Jp Crawford
coyne81486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
eaglescubs555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,006
Default

Can't wait!!!!!
__________________
Collecting Philadelphia Eagles

Also collecting Bowman Chrome Prospects
eaglescubs555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Valley of the Rising Sun
Posts: 1,515
Default

I wish they would have a show closer to me
Twinsfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
fert360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 37 14′ 6″ N, 115 48′ 40″ W
Posts: 1,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
well here is my official 10 things to keep in mind! feel free to add yours



1) If your on the fence about going...... GO.. Alot of people say that all the dealers are way overpriced.. well their not, i spent 250$ (one day mind you) and eventually sold everything off for a cool $55 profit.

2) Bring a backpack! very important to keep your cash and treasures safe!

3) If your going for more than a day, Go out at night! see a Cubs or White Sox Game and best of yet.... Go stuff your face! theres some good resturaunts.

4) take advantage of Grading Promotions, and free wax!, thats one of the bonuses for going to the national, ustalize it!

5) Bring as much as cash as possible, the more you have, the more fun you will have!

6) Bring cards to trade and sell! dealers are always looking for new inventory!

7) BUST WAX---- whether its 1 box or whether its 10 cases... BUST something... at Blowouts booth of course.

8) bring a snack/ water or soda- a water at the last national was 3.50!

9) If your going for Only one day, have a plan!

10) If you see a card at a certain table and are unsure if you want it/ want to look up the ebay SV, have a pad and pencil or wrie the isle and table down on your smartphone... I did this ALOT last year


HAVE FUN!

48 days

also, check this out! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/n...ml#post5082835
Good tips! I'm coming from Cali! Maybe I'll see you there?
__________________
Football: ALL 49ers, TERRELL DAVIS
Baseball: All Giants, Michael Morse, HUNTER DOZIER
Basketball: Golden State Warriors, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Klay Thompson
Niykee Heaton is the most beautiful girl in the world.
fert360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/528322-national-sports-collectors-convention-tips.html
Posted By For Type Date
Filling Up The Vault | COMC Blog This thread Refback 07-04-2013 01:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.