Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

1998-2005 Topps Chrome Baseball Refractors. I can give you a list of the specific ones that would sell best.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
1998-2005 Topps Chrome Baseball Refractors. I can give you a list of the specific ones that would sell best.
Doesn't seem like the op have cards going that far back.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
I have a lot of refractors from 2004 but they're for my Red Sox collection, sorry!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Since we're on the topic, I have a couple hundred 2013 Topps Gold Cards i want to move.

Would they do well on COMC @ $.75 each ($1 if you include the shipping they tack on). At that price I would profit how much, about 25 cents if they sold and I cashed out? I feel like it's easier to just sell them as a lot on eBay for 10-15 cents per card and take the instant cash, rather than waiting for them to sell.

Are Topps gold a bad example of serial #d cards to sell on there?

I also have non-serial #d refractors in the same category, do I send them in and pay the 25 cents each to process and hope they sell, or just move them in a lot?

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

I am going to stick with only sending in Baseball cards from now on, I have a bunch of $3-$6 autograph rookies on there, XRC auto's from Panini and others, still sitting there - but I have sold a few chrome auto's and some Buxton parallels that would go for $2 on Ebay, for $6 on COMC,
cyndeeg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
Since we're on the topic, I have a couple hundred 2013 Topps Gold Cards i want to move.

Would they do well on COMC @ $.75 each ($1 if you include the shipping they tack on). At that price I would profit how much, about 25 cents if they sold and I cashed out? I feel like it's easier to just sell them as a lot on eBay for 10-15 cents per card and take the instant cash, rather than waiting for them to sell.

Are Topps gold a bad example of serial #d cards to sell on there?

I also have non-serial #d refractors in the same category, do I send them in and pay the 25 cents each to process and hope they sell, or just move them in a lot?
Topps Gold seems to be a mixed bag. Jeter always sells. Other times it is random... set builders. You cannot count on a price though. I would take the big names and solid RCs, and send them to COMC. Then lot sell the commons on eBay.

But check the COMC site. Some cards have 100 copies on there and it is just a pricing race to the bottom. Some you'll be one of two and have some decent pricing power.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
Topps Gold seems to be a mixed bag. Jeter always sells. Other times it is random... set builders. You cannot count on a price though. I would take the big names and solid RCs, and send them to COMC. Then lot sell the commons on eBay.

But check the COMC site. Some cards have 100 copies on there and it is just a pricing race to the bottom. Some you'll be one of two and have some decent pricing power.
Thanks, I've been studying peoples comments about COMC to get a good feel for what I can send ini that I have, but I still haven't sent a batch in yet.

You'll see people say anything serial #d sells, which is why I brought up the 2013 Topps Gold since I have a bunch sitting around. I also have a bunch of 2013 chrome base refractors. I feel like there are already a ton on COMC, so i'm better off saving the upfront 25 cent investment and dumping on eBay.

I guess if you rip and flip in bulk, and you end up with a bunch of Bowman low end color, that would be a good batch to send in. I was also debating on sending in my blue waves.

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

I sold a TON of 90's basketball inserts of cheaper players when I posted them a while back. Everything sells on COMC eventurally at the right price. I keep track of my percents and 1-2 percent of my inventory sells each month and I do not have any
"hot" players available. The sell through is excellent.
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

This looks like a thread I can dig up and ask a question that doesn't need it's own thread. If I send in a bunch of stuff and a decide after a while I want to bail, how much do they charge to ship your cards back to you? I couldn't seem to find that anywhere on the site.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #35 (permalink)

I think,but not sure if you bail within 30 days it's free.Make sure you check with them first.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

Default In reality

Pricing on COMC is a rush to the middle --- be too low and your card gets snapped up.

Rich
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote