Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
PistolPete7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 378
Default What sells best on COMC

Looking to unload a lot of cards collecting dust in my bed room on COMC. I'm a first time seller so I will send in the 80 cards free with one month service. I have about 8 football jersey cards of decent players, all rookie jerseys and one patch. I'll price those at 3 bucks a piece give or take. I also have some hockey inserts numbered to 999 of stars as well as rookies and about 50 2010 Bowman chrome refractors and i have 80 from 2012 bowman chrome so I'll send in some of those. Would these sell fairly fast at 40 or 50 cents each? I have some commons and some stars. What types of cards/products sell best on COMC? Would it be worth sending in bowman chrome refractors of average players? Thanks everybody
__________________
I collect RED SOX, BRUINS, PATRIOTS, Mike Trout, Ichiro, Luke Kuechly, and Jackie Bradley Jr.
PistolPete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Casebreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 2,075
Default

Everything sells on there if you have it at a very good price. I have sold base cards for a few cents up to high end cards worth $600. I say if you give a buyer a good to great deal your chances are you will sell it sooner or later
__________________
GREAT DEALS, as low as .08 CENTS for cards, all sports check them out
Casebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Everett, Wa
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
Everything sells on there if you have it at a very good price. I have sold base cards for a few cents up to high end cards worth $600. I say if you give a buyer a good to great deal your chances are you will sell it sooner or later
Are you buying base on comc and reselling them?
__________________
WANTED: 2011 green and purple finest Ackley auto 2011 Platinum Kyle Seager red auto
HinkleHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
PistolPete7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
Everything sells on there if you have it at a very good price. I have sold base cards for a few cents up to high end cards worth $600. I say if you give a buyer a good to great deal your chances are you will sell it sooner or later
Thanks. Does anybody else have any insight?
__________________
I collect RED SOX, BRUINS, PATRIOTS, Mike Trout, Ichiro, Luke Kuechly, and Jackie Bradley Jr.
PistolPete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,289
Default

I have taken a lot of my higher end stuff down. I price it way below eBay and it still doesn't move. The stuff that sells best in my opinion is $1-5 numbered cards. Stuff that set builders need.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
I have taken a lot of my higher end stuff down. I price it way below eBay and it still doesn't move. The stuff that sells best in my opinion is $1-5 numbered cards. Stuff that set builders need.

i agree 100 percent, serial numbered and SP'd stuff goes fast
__________________
I still have 300 plus of 75 percent of the players base papers from 13 draft, ask me about cheap lots.
thescout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Ziveus101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,510
Default

Anything as long as the price is 25 cents.
__________________
Pandemonium Doesn't Reign Around Here, It Pours
Ziveus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 3,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete7 View Post
Thanks. Does anybody else have any insight?
This forum might...

Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows - Blowout Cards Forums
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 592
Default

mostly 95% OFF beckett values sell fast.

or under $0.25 items.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,609
Default

prospect cards seem to do the best for me anyways. i noticed most of the zolio almonte cards are gone from there now as a recent example.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,306
Default

Anything #'ed $1-10 sells the best.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
PistolPete7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 378
Default

Thank you everybody
__________________
I collect RED SOX, BRUINS, PATRIOTS, Mike Trout, Ichiro, Luke Kuechly, and Jackie Bradley Jr.
PistolPete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Craiggysanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Vermont
Posts: 3,478
Default

How much is it to cash out of COMC? Or can you only use the money to buy cards off of COMC?
Craiggysanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,533
Default

20% Fee To Cash Out. 14% FEe For A Blowout Credit
__________________
Looking for Any & All Ginter Black Border Minis

171/991 2012 Topps On-Card Autographs
ClevelandIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
eaglescubs555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 9,432
Default

How do you get the first timer deal? LMK thanks
eaglescubs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
PistolPete7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
How do you get the first timer deal? LMK thanks
I emailed them and they sent me an attatchment of the coupon to print out and include in the order.
__________________
I collect RED SOX, BRUINS, PATRIOTS, Mike Trout, Ichiro, Luke Kuechly, and Jackie Bradley Jr.
PistolPete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
How do you get the first timer deal? LMK thanks
What is the first timer deal?
jasoncardmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
eaglescubs555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 9,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete7 View Post
Looking to unload a lot of cards collecting dust in my bed room on COMC. I'm a first time seller so I will send in the 80 cards free with one month service. I have about 8 football jersey cards of decent players, all rookie jerseys and one patch. I'll price those at 3 bucks a piece give or take. I also have some hockey inserts numbered to 999 of stars as well as rookies and about 50 2010 Bowman chrome refractors and i have 80 from 2012 bowman chrome so I'll send in some of those. Would these sell fairly fast at 40 or 50 cents each? I have some commons and some stars. What types of cards/products sell best on COMC? Would it be worth sending in bowman chrome refractors of average players? Thanks everybody
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncardmonger View Post
What is the first timer deal?
OP said this...
eaglescubs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 4,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
I have taken a lot of my higher end stuff down. I price it way below eBay and it still doesn't move. The stuff that sells best in my opinion is $1-5 numbered cards. Stuff that set builders need.
Could not agree more with this. Set Builders are a big part of the COMC equation.

I have done OK with some higher-end stuff, but a lot of those things have been stuff I've flipped from port sales. My own personal higher end stuff is best reserved for eBay.

Although, with all of the fraudulent buyers on eBay, I'd almost rather send in my higher end to COMC and let them deal with the potential headaches.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @85CaseBreaks

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandIC View Post
20% Fee To Cash Out. 14% FEe For A Blowout Credit
Best way to cash out is to buy a high end card or cards at values below eBay and then dump them here or in eBay. I have pulled $1000+ out this way and have paid essentially no fees.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
How do you get the first timer deal? LMK thanks
You can put 1st time seller on the outside of the box,that's what I did.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandIC View Post
20% Fee To Cash Out. 14% FEe For A Blowout Credit
This is wrong.
Ex: from their site.
$60 -16.7%
$290-13.8%
$1,150-13% the larger the amount,the less the fees are.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
Best way to cash out is to buy a high end card or cards at values below eBay and then dump them here or in eBay. I have pulled $1000+ out this way and have paid essentially no fees.

Smart! Thanks for the tip!
danimal875 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
This is wrong.
Ex: from their site.
$60 -16.7%
$290-13.8%
$1,150-13% the larger the amount,the less the fees are.
Aha! Good to know, I had heard the 14/20 from multiple members and took it to heart, thanks for the info!
__________________
Looking for Any & All Ginter Black Border Minis

171/991 2012 Topps On-Card Autographs
ClevelandIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandIC View Post
Aha! Good to know, I had heard the 14/20 from multiple members and took it to heart, thanks for the info!
Glad to help,that info is from COMC site.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.