Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default Fantasy Trade Advice...

Yes I realize everyone hates these. Sorry about that. I'm flipping between 1st and 2nd place though and worried about shaking up my team too much - and I need some Baseball experts help to make sure I get 1st

I've been offered the following

I get:

Eric Hosmer
Dominic Brown
Jordan Zimmerna

I give:

Adrian Beltre
Jurickson Profar

I would move Chris Davis to my 1B/3B spot, start Brown in the OF, and then Hosmer is just a Utility rotation guy with a couple of my other bench guys. I need pitching (I've got Strasburg/Darvish - but my next best pitcher is probably Homer Bailey) so Zimmerman helps.

Beltre is a stud but would Brown/Hosmer be enough of a replacement if I get Zimmerman?

Profar is a great keeper in my league obviously - but I'll be keeping Harper/Strasburg/Darvish going forward as my 3 guys unless something crazy happens.

I guess the biggest question is can Dominic Brown be good enough to replace say 85% of Beltre? Because then Zimmerman is free since I don't need Profar but the other guy could keep him.

Thoughts?
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

If you need SP that bad and ur not going to keep Profar, I don't see anything wrong with that trade
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
If you need SP that bad and ur not going to keep Profar, I don't see anything wrong with that trade
I'm Top 3 in every Offensive category (I've got Harper/Davis/Miggy/Cano) but I'm middle of the pack in pitching (Strasburg/Darvish/Medlen/Bailey/Teheran)

The way our league works is that if you buy a guy (auction league) you pay 110% of that to keep them for up to 3 years - so Profar would only cost $2 next year (don't ask - our rules our weird because it's not alot of guys that follow Baseball) and would be cheap if he is a star by like 2015 but not sure that's worth the risk - but I pay like $5 for Harper, $6 for Strasburg, and $6 for Darvish going forward so I doubt I'd throw any of them back to keep Profar. I got good deals either at auction or trades on those guys.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Bump it up one last time - trade offer of Zimmerman/Brown/Hosmer for Profar/Beltre expires in 2 hours.

I'm thinking about taking it. Profar is killing me taking up a bench spot and Zimmerman has been too good. I'm hopeful Brown can at least be 75% of Beltre the rest of the season.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd probably do the deal - Zimmermann is the real deal

Over 185+ positive transactions on SCF and 25+ on freedomcardboard.
STHendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

if profar is riding your pine then you are essentially trading beltre for hosmer, brown, and zimmerman..pull the trigger.. FYI i am in a standard yahoo league and have hosmer brown and davis and am up 16 games.
lilkeithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkeithw View Post
if profar is riding your pine then you are essentially trading beltre for hosmer, brown, and zimmerman..pull the trigger.. FYI i am in a standard yahoo league and have hosmer brown and davis and am up 16 games.
Yeah he is riding the pine. We only carry 3 bench spots (don't ask me why) - so Profar is taking up a spot. I never play him. I only have him right now to trade him down the road to someone that needs a keeper - I'm keeping Harper/Strasburg/Darvish next year so I don't need him.

So really it's Beltre (and Michael Brantley who I'll drop) for Hosmer/Brown/Zimmerman

I mean Profar has value down the road, so he's not "free", but right now he's just taking up a bench spot I need.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

If you need SP and won't keep Profar anyhow - do it.

Who knows what Dom Brown really is - but he's already shown the ability to go on quite the tear.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
If you need SP and won't keep Profar anyhow - do it.

Who knows what Dom Brown really is - but he's already shown the ability to go on quite the tear.
Yeah - I think you are right.

Since I can move Chris Davis to 3B - which gives me that luxury - I can almost play the waiver wire to "make up" for whatever Beltre would provide. Pick up power when I need it or runs when I need it. So Brown and Hosmer are almost freebies because I really need SP so Zimmerman was good for Beltre.

Beltre is probably worth more as a 3B to a team that needs IF help then he was to me since I have Chris Davis to play that spot.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Your winning this trade big time take it and run
Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkeithw View Post
I am fine with the trade, but I just want to point out that this comment is very poor logic, no offense. Whether he is on the bench or not is completely immaterial. All that matters is what the rest of the league feels his value is. If another manager will give more for Profar, than you can't simply justify trading him without getting max value simply because he is riding the pine. You always have to get max value in fantasy trades. If you can't get more elsewhere though OP, then this deal is fine.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'd do that trade
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
I am fine with the trade, but I just want to point out that this comment is very poor logic, no offense. Whether he is on the bench or not is completely immaterial. All that matters is what the rest of the league feels his value is. If another manager will give more for Profar, than you can't simply justify trading him without getting max value simply because he is riding the pine. You always have to get max value in fantasy trades. If you can't get more elsewhere though OP, then this deal is fine.
lol; no offense taken.. but I did give a response to the OP with the variables given.
lilkeithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Surprised you need to even ask, Take the deal. Cut Hosmer and use the spot to stream... even if it is a 8 teamer, that's how bad he is.

Last edited by clocsta2323; 06-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocsta2323 View Post
Surprised you need to even ask, Take the deal. Cut Hosmer and use the spot to stream... even if it is a 8 teamer, that's how bad he is.
Hopefully you didn't cut Hosmer
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

I would do the deal. You need Zimmermann, and Hosmer is starting to heat up. Dominic Brown has good value that you can flip. Go for it.
enyouartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

How is cabby not a keeper moving forward?
Roymunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Took the deal - Zimmerman hasn't been great but Brown and Hosmer have more then made up for what I lost in Beltre.

Miggy isn't a keeper because he's way too expensive. I might buy him again - but you don't keep a guy at $40 (or whatever he'd cost me - close to that) when you can keep any combination of Harper/Strasburg/Darvish/Davis for under $10 a piece.