Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   MLB Authentication? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/539351-mlb-authentication.html)

gsueagle04 06-30-2013 11:05 PM

MLB Authentication?

I'm on vacation and went to today's Rays/Tigers game in Tampa. Miggy hit a HR into the Ray tank in right center and when a fan plucked the ball from the water, it got me curious as to how to get that ball MLB Authenticated with the numbered sticker...they do that, dont they? Just like they would for a hame used jersey or bat?

Noah0298 06-30-2013 11:12 PM

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure if it's a homerun or foul ball they don't usually authenticate it. That's just what I've heard.

Keyser Soze 06-30-2013 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=gsueagle04;5206713]I'm on vacation and went to today's Rays/Tigers game in Tampa. Miggy hit a HR into the Ray tank in right center and when a fan plucked the ball from the water, it got me curious as to how to get that ball MLB Authenticated with the numbered sticker...they do that, dont they? Just like they would for a hame used jersey or bat?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can. Pretty sure they only authenticate what they want to authenticate. I don't think it's a service where you can pay them to authenticate your item

xbignick 06-30-2013 11:42 PM

You just have to ask for an authenticator but they only usually come if it's an important ball, I'm guessing.

See:
[url=http://zackhample.mlblogs.com/2008/10/01/92808-at-shea-stadium/]9/28/08 at Shea Stadium The Baseball Collector[/url]

Had the guy authenticate it, but it didn't end up carrying the value he thought it would.

They usually have one at every game.

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=xbignick;5206966]You just have to ask for an authenticator but they only usually come if it's an important ball, I'm guessing.

See:
[url=http://zackhample.mlblogs.com/2008/10/01/92808-at-shea-stadium/]9/28/08 at Shea Stadium The Baseball Collector[/url]

Had the guy authenticate it, but it didn't end up carrying the value he thought it would.

They usually have one at every game.[/QUOTE]

Ahh the infamous kid pusher. That dude is a clown.

RFulch40 07-01-2013 08:28 AM

I've had a couple foul balls authenticated at Cardinal games. I think its just a matter of an usher or someone spotting you catching the ball and getting a hold of you to put a sticker on the ball. Its all up to whether or not someone working wants to hep you out.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 08:29 AM

[quote=tonedef2oo8;5207835]ahh the infamous kid pusher. That dude is a clown.[/quote]

i personally know the guy and he does not push kids and gives balls to kids with gloves on a regular basis. And he is not a clown.

JohnnysBench 07-01-2013 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=gsueagle04;5206713]I'm on vacation and went to today's Rays/Tigers game in Tampa. Miggy hit a HR into the Ray tank in right center and when a fan plucked the ball from the water, it got me curious as to how to get that ball MLB Authenticated with the numbered sticker...they do that, dont they? Just like they would for a hame used jersey or bat?[/QUOTE]

Second party game used authentication happens when the ball is decided to be hohlogramed, then a MLB rep is there waiting for said ball. This is not a process that can be done third party...

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5207873]i personally know the guy and he does not push kids and gives balls to kids with gloves on a regular basis. And he is not a clown.[/QUOTE]

What a nice guy! Too bad for you I seen it with my own eyes. But dont let a fact get in the way of your bromance.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 08:41 AM

[quote=tonedef2oo8;5207891]what a nice guy! Too bad for you i seen it with my own eyes. But dont let a fact get in the way of your bromance.[/quote]

no a bromance and i have seen it with my own eyes to

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5207894]no a bromance and i have seen it with my own eyes to[/QUOTE]

So since you never seen him do it and I have (and a few others I have encountered over at scf) we should all ignore what others have seen? Sweet logic dude.

I have seen him several times over at Citi Field jump over, push and "bump" out of the way children. When an adult tells him to stop he usually runs away and has one of his usher buddies move him elsewhere, where he continues embarrassing himself.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=tonedef2oo8;5208005]So since you never seen him do it and I have (and a few others I have encountered over at scf) we should all ignore what others have seen? Sweet logic dude.

I have seen him several times over at Citi Field jump over, push and "bump" out of the way children. When an adult tells him to stop he usually runs away and has one of his usher buddies move him elsewhere, where he continues embarrassing himself.[/QUOTE]

it is a sweet logic if i know atleast 5 -7 seven people that have been with him or seen him at multiple stadiums never do it

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5208307]it is a sweet logic if i know atleast 5 -7 seven people that have been with him or seen him at multiple stadiums never do it[/QUOTE]

Well then everyone else must be seeing things than myself included lol

I guess MLB gave him one of those ball magnet gloves that he dont need to jump on backs and "bump" people. And they must have used a hologram at citifield that day I seen him do it, and the other times when the dudes over at SCF seen him. And oh yeah the people around me must have lied when they told me all about him (at that point I had no idea who he was) they also said he is a clown. He bumps and pushes people they knew about his website and his name. I guess they all made that up because I mean you have 5-7 people.

Keyser Soze 07-01-2013 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=tonedef2oo8;5208554]Well then everyone else must be seeing things than myself included lol

I guess MLB gave him one of those ball magnet gloves that he dont need to jump on backs and "bump" people. And they must have used a hologram at citifield that day I seen him do it, and the other times when the dudes over at SCF seen him. And oh yeah the people around me must have lied when they told me all about him (at that point I had no idea who he was) they also said he is a clown. He bumps and pushes people they knew about his website and his name. I guess they all made that up because I mean you have 5-7 people.[/QUOTE]

Common sense and logic tell you that there's no way that he catches that many balls and doesn't bump, push, and knock people out of the way to get to them. In the blog entry shown above, he describes his chase of the ball, and talks about weaving in and out of people going down an aisle, and anyone that's been to a game knows that there's no way you can move quickly down an aisle without running into people. In my opinion, based only on odds and common sense, there's no way that he can do what he does while maintaining any sense of regard or respect for other peoples space.

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5208637]Common sense and logic tell you that there's no way that he catches that many balls and doesn't bump, push, and knock people out of the way to get to them. In the blog entry shown above, he describes his chase of the ball, and talks about weaving in and out of people going down an aisle, and anyone that's been to a game knows that there's no way you can move quickly down an aisle without running into people. In my opinion, based only on odds and common sense, there's no way that he can do what he does while maintaining any sense of regard or respect for other peoples space.[/QUOTE]

So wait you are saying he isnt a flying ghost? Or how about a ninja? Dont go using common sense here!

Keyser Soze 07-01-2013 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=tonedef2oo8;5208835]So wait you are saying he isnt a flying ghost? Or how about a ninja? Dont go using common sense here![/QUOTE]

Good point. It's often frowned upon in these parts. Maybe he's like Rayden on the old Mortal Kombat game, just press down then up real fast and he magically teleports to the precise ball location.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5208934]Good point. It's often frowned upon in these parts. Maybe he's like Rayden on the old Mortal Kombat game, just press down then up real fast and he magically teleports to the precise ball location.[/QUOTE]

so let me get this right because he try's to get baseballs and collects he must be doing something bad to other people. so i guess whenever i do try and get baseballs to get them signed i guess i just line kids up and bulldoze them huh?

Keyser Soze 07-01-2013 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5209719]so let me get this right because he try's to get baseballs and collects he must be doing something bad to other people. so i guess whenever i do try and get baseballs to get them signed i guess i just line kids up and bulldoze them huh?[/QUOTE]

You may or you may not, but if you consistently defy the huge odds by getting multiple balls every game then, yes, chances are greatly increased that you're not letting others get in your way of glory

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5210261]You may or you may not, but if you consistently defy the huge odds by getting multiple balls every game then, yes, chances are greatly increased that you're not letting others get in your way of glory[/QUOTE]

so if i get 2-4 balls a game i run over kids then?

vwnut13 07-01-2013 04:14 PM

I saw him during BP at old Yankee Stadium once.

When a ball was hit to the warning track he would push his way into the front row so he could yell for the player to throw him the ball.

Keyser Soze 07-01-2013 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5210359]so if i get 2-4 balls a game i run over kids then?[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand how odds and probability work!?!?!? I answered this question in the reply that you quoted.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5210605]Do you not understand how odds and probability work!?!?!? I answered this question in the reply that you quoted.[/QUOTE]

so basically i run over kids than. wow i guess i dont know what i do anymore WOW.

Keyser Soze 07-01-2013 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5211016]so basically i run over kids than. wow i guess i dont know what i do anymore WOW.[/QUOTE]

Glad that's settled

tonedef2oo8 07-01-2013 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=new2baseballcol;5211016]so basically i run over kids than. wow i guess i dont know what i do anymore WOW.[/QUOTE]

Are you 13? Because it seems your brain isn't fully developed.

new2baseballcol 07-01-2013 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5211246]Glad that's settled[/QUOTE]

so i guess i dont need to understand odds because all of your stuff is based on assumption. which has never really helped anyone.