Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Will I ever see the Ken Griffey Jr. card?
Yes 119 54.84%
No 98 45.16%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #51 (permalink)

**** UPDATE 5/30/14*****

Well after 2 long months of not updating this thread, I figured I would give one.

I got off the phone with Topps about a hr ago, this is now the 3rd different person I've talked to about it.

Well to be short, the card isn't even made yet. There's also a BIGGER kicker, I've been told twice now the card is NOT, yes I repeat, NOT AUTOGRAPHED.

I asked the guy again, "are you sure? because on the sell sheets for these things, they've stated they are autographed." His response was, "well I know it's a 1/1 of some kind and we asked our baseball department what is included on this card 10 days ago and we never got a response. I will email you back sometime next week once I can get more information about what is supposed to be on this card."

*facepalm*

I'm sorry... You don't know what is on the card yet you ADVERTISED these hits as 1/1 Auto's with either a relic, patch, bat knob, nameplate, etc. and you don't know what's supposed to be on this one? You're just telling me it's either a relic or a patch?!

What is sad is that the card number is #6. NO WHERE can I find that card ANYWHERE going through Beckett's database. The only "Griffey Ultimate Chase Card" from 2013 Topps is #36, which states it's a 1/1, Relic, Autograph.

Not the update I wanted to hear after almost a year of waiting.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #52 (permalink)

Well not to make wait any better. I just today received my Grand Prize Golden Ticket 24K Gold Infused Baseball signed by Aarron,Mays and Griffey. This was from the 2012 Topps and I sent it in in Jan of 2012 so it took almost 2 1/2 years.
bbarber275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarber275 View Post
Well not to make wait any better. I just today received my Grand Prize Golden Ticket 24K Gold Infused Baseball signed by Aarron,Mays and Griffey. This was from the 2012 Topps and I sent it in in Jan of 2012 so it took almost 2 1/2 years.
First, congrats on that! that's gotta be a sick piece!

Second, if I'm being told it's NON AUTO now, why is it taking almost a YEAR for a "premium relic" card.

I'll find out more information HOPEFULLY next week but for right now, this is pretty bad.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #54 (permalink)

You gotta admit... It IS the ultimate chase card

Gotta smile at that one
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stera8 View Post
You gotta admit... It IS the ultimate chase card

Gotta smile at that one

It's been a fun trip over the past year. The fact they advertised them as 1/1's with an Auto and I'm being told it's not auto just bothers me. Almost like false advertising and hoped no one hit these redemptions. I know it took the person who got the Babe Ruth Cut Auto Relic like 5-6 months to get it.

We shall see if I get an email next week, I guess.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

shoulda just sent it in and forget about it. much better peace of mind. and if and when it does come, the it will be a good day. never sell out.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #57 (permalink)

1. It's an Auto card
2. All cards are made at the same time in the production process...one of my biggest pet peeves is hearing that the card isn't made yet when all it's waiting on is the dang auto or relic
3. It sucks that your going through with this but don't back down....good luck man
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #58 (permalink)

Straight from the Beckett lol

"The biggest memorabilia addition to Topps, though, are 30 1/1 Ultimate Chase Autograph Relics — a mix of cuts, booklets and jumbo patches all with autographs. Look for bat knobs, patches and more for the likes of Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Nolan Ryan and Stan Musial among others."

Beckett News First look: 2013 Topps baseball cards (with FINAL checklist)
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Straight from the Beckett lol

"The biggest memorabilia addition to Topps, though, are 30 1/1 Ultimate Chase Autograph Relics a mix of cuts, booklets and jumbo patches all with autographs. Look for bat knobs, patches and more for the likes of Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Nolan Ryan and Stan Musial among others."

Beckett News First look: 2013 Topps baseball cards (with FINAL checklist)
See and if you go by card number, number 6 is Clemente.

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting it out, even though I was told back in September it was signed.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #60 (permalink)

I feel ya !!
I am still waiting on a 2011 Topps 60 Willie Mays Buyback RC (1952). Topps does NOT have to make this card (hopefully!!) yet I am still waiting
And the kicker....when it finally does come, I am sure it will be right out of the bicycle spokes. (no gem mint here)
jc08088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #61 (permalink)

Well Update 6/16 -

I've given them 2 weeks to email me and nothing. He said he would email me "next week" sometime with more information. That would of been 6/2 - 6/6. Nothing that week and nothing the following week.

So with that said, it's been activated :

Didn't want it to have to come down to this, but after a year of been given the run around about it and with that latest update saying the card is not autographed. I've had it.

So we will see where this gets me.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #62 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

like I said on twitter last night man ...when I called 2 weeks ago the dude lied to me and then just hung up
Old 06-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #63 (permalink)

Do you have a picture of the redemption card?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post
Well Update 6/16 -

I've given them 2 weeks to email me and nothing. He said he would email me "next week" sometime with more information. That would of been 6/2 - 6/6. Nothing that week and nothing the following week.

So with that said, it's been activated :

Didn't want it to have to come down to this, but after a year of been given the run around about it and with that latest update saying the card is not autographed. I've had it.

So we will see where this gets me.
The BBB is like a glorified yelp. Not sure why you've waited this long to file a complaint. Its not like a BBB claim has some tremendous weight behind it. Good luck at any rate.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #65 (permalink)

Wow Topps...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #66 (permalink)

Good luck, Fitzy, we're all rooting for ya.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
Do you have a picture of the redemption card?
Yes. I still have it in the same spot in a box. Hasn't been touched in over a year lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
The BBB is like a glorified yelp. Not sure why you've waited this long to file a complaint. Its not like a BBB claim has some tremendous weight behind it. Good luck at any rate.
I wanted to give them a chance, after seeing the Cal Ripken Ultimate Chase Card get made/shipped this last redemption fulfillment, that kind of lit a fire under me because I'm still waiting for my Griffey and I'm still waiting for a 2013 Finest Buyback of Ripken which is bogus. So I finally filed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Good luck, Fitzy, we're all rooting for ya.
Gracias amigo!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #68 (permalink)

can you post the picture of the redemption card ?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
can you post the picture of the redemption card ?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #70 (permalink)

Only issue you will have here is Topps can say it's what ever they feel like. Since it doesn't say auto or 1/1 on it. But if you have messages and DM's from twitter confirming its an auto and jersey or bat piece 1/1 then you need to talk to higher ups . It 's just another screw job by topps
Old 06-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #71 (permalink)

Topps keeps adding more evidence to support my stance of not redeeming any high end non-prospect Topps baseball redemption. GL with your chase.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Only issue you will have here is Topps can say it's what ever they feel like. Since it doesn't say auto or 1/1 on it. But if you have messages and DM's from twitter confirming its an auto and jersey or bat piece 1/1 then you need to talk to higher ups . It 's just another screw job by topps
Chase Cards were advertised on shell sheets (lol had a swear typo) stating they are 1/1 autos with unique relics (bat knobs, game used patch, bat barrel, etc)

So they really can't say "oh we're not making this card." That would then be false advertising, bait and switch (if offered a replacement). At that point, I would not go down easy.

I'm going to see where this BBB Claim gets me, if no where, I'll be calling HQ myself soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Topps keeps adding more evidence to support my stance of not redeeming any high end non-prospect Topps baseball redemption. GL with your chase.
Thank you.

They have no problem fulfilling prospect redemptions but when it comes to a bigger name... oops! sorry we didn't make this.

Last edited by HeyFitzy; 06-16-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:29 AM   #73 (permalink)

Update - 6/24/14

Topps has responded (6/24) to my BBB Claim finally after a week it was filed

I only wanted info on the card, the fact they are sending a complementary box of product out as well is a nice gesture as well, don't really care what it is to be honest. So I'll see what it is when that gets here...

So for now, pretty much no more updates until the end of summer I guess. But this was excellent news to see after the whole debacle of it not being autographed, but they said they will need him to sign it so that gives me hope that it's on card.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post
Update - 6/24/14

Topps has responded (6/24) to my BBB Claim finally after a week it was filed

I only wanted info on the card, the fact they are sending a complementary box of product out as well is a nice gesture as well, don't really care what it is to be honest. So I'll see what it is when that gets here...

So for now, pretty much no more updates until the end of summer I guess. But this was excellent news to see after the whole debacle of it not being autographed, but they said they will need him to sign it so that gives me hope that it's on card.
This is indeed awesome news, man.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/722277-sonny-gray-2011-bowman-chrome-draft-rainbow.html
exitmusicblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #75 (permalink)

And there is the proof that it is an on card auto. Keep that for record since they said they need to have him sign THE CARD and not a sticker that goes onto the card.
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote