Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
All these posts about people hating this about cards or hating that about cards yet its the same people on here day after day still spending money on them.

Remember only 10 days ago there was a thread about how NT was garbage and how all the autos are gonna be bubbled and this product has no value blah blah blah ? Now its pretty much been the rip of the week on this board with a whole lot of it being cracked and people loving the product.

Everyone should treat this hobby is like dating a smoking hot girl that is high maintenance, enjoy it while you can and when it becomes too expensive, annoying and no longer fun, then move along. Makes no sense to keep whining about something that you choose to keep around.
So should we turn the other cheak and let drug dealers continue on near our schools because people will always support them?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
So should we turn the other cheak and let drug dealers continue on near our schools because people will always support them?
Don't be a jackass Matt. Huge difference between a card with a questionable jersey swatch and a drug dealer. If you see those as similar problems then you have some problems of your own.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Makes no sense to keep whining about something that you choose to keep around.
Quote:

And not for nothing Matt, but if you're going to quote me at least make sense.
I said "something that YOU choose to keep around" Spending money on UD cards is supporting UD. The people who don't want drug dealers around schools ARE NOT supporting them.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't be a jackass Matt. Huge difference between a card with a questionable jersey swatch and a drug dealer. If you see those as similar problems then you have some problems of your own.
The concept is very similar. No need to call names because someone else can come up with analogies in this forum.

What upper deck has done has been proven as criminal activity, and they have been punished. They pleaded the 5th hoping to avoid jail time. People still support them. Drug dealers are committing crimes as well, yet people support them. If others don't take a stand against the drug dealers, they will continue committing crimes. This upper deck problem is no different in this respect. If Konami, MLB and collectors do nothing about it, unsuspecting customers and others will continue to support counterfeiting and other criminal activity.

Seriously Bambam, name calling? I thought you were above that.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo

Here Here Bam. Exactly what I was saying. Enjoy it for what it is.

It's like trying to compare getting paid at work with counterfeit money to collecting cards. It's just a ridiculous comparison. But it works for Matt because he has to try and turn everything around to make it right in his mind. He has a serious complex about needing to always be right.
davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
And not for nothing Matt, but if you're going to quote me at least make sense.
I said "something that YOU choose to keep around" Spending money on UD cards is supporting UD. The people who don't want drug dealers around schools ARE NOT supporting them.
WRONG...there are adults that support drug dealers that don't want them selling to their children in schools. Are you really that far "not in the know"?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
Here Here Bam. Exactly what I was saying. Enjoy it for what it is.

It's like trying to compare getting paid at work with counterfeit money to collecting cards. It's just a ridiculous comparison. But it works for Matt because he has to try and turn everything around to make it right in his mind. He has a serious complex about needing to always be right.
I have a serious complex about common sense, not being right. There is a difference. Go ahead and try and gang up on me though. I'm used to it.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #83 (permalink)

There you go again. Just another example.

I get enjoyment out of getting you riled up Matt. I could care less about any of these issues because this is just a hobby. It shouldn't have to be dissected like you like to do. This hobby is for enjoyment and fun. It shouldn't be like work or anything related to work. I have a full-time job that does that.

As for my posts and the thought I put into them, the posts I make in these threads are for the sole purpose of seeing you continue to fight the good battle. It's actually has a lot of comedic value.

Last edited by davebo; 01-31-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
The concept is very similar. No need to call names because someone else can come up with analogies in this forum.

What upper deck has done has been proven as criminal activity, and they have been punished. They pleaded the 5th hoping to avoid jail time. People still support them. Drug dealers are committing crimes as well, yet people support them. If others don't take a stand against the drug dealers, they will continue committing crimes. This upper deck problem is no different in this respect. If Konami, MLB and collectors do nothing about it, unsuspecting customers and others will continue to support counterfeiting and other criminal activity.

Seriously Bambam, name calling? I thought you were above that.
Your analogy wasn't even close. You can't seriously be comparing drugs to cards ? is anyone going to die because UD put a non-game used swatch in a card ? If you post something that stupid then yeah I'll call you a jackass Matt. If you're offended then good, don't post something that stupid next time.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
WRONG...there are adults that support drug dealers that don't want them selling to their children in schools. Are you really that far "not in the know"?
Are you going to keep trying to spin your stupid analogy Matt ? So then they are basically hypocrites like yourself who was crying about someone backing out on a case of 93 SP Baseball that you were trying to purchase off of fleabay. In case you didn't know SP Baseball is a product of the liars and thieves at Upper Deck that you can't stand.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Your analogy wasn't even close. You can't seriously be comparing drugs to cards ? is anyone going to die because UD put a non-game used swatch in a card ? If you post something that stupid then yeah I'll call you a jackass Matt. If you're offended then good, don't post something that stupid next time.
I wasn't comparing drugs to cards. I was comparing criminal activities in general. You're smart enough to know the difference. Thanks for the trip back to 3rd grade with your name calling. Makes me laugh. It doesn't offend me.

Quote:
Are you going to keep trying to spin your stupid analogy Matt ? So then they are basically hypocrites like yourself who was crying about someone backing out on a case of 93 SP Baseball that you were trying to purchase off of fleabay. In case you didn't know SP Baseball is a product of the liars and thieves at Upper Deck that you can't stand.
Am I still supporting Piedmont when I buy T-206 cards with their name on the back? Upper deck does not have that 93 SP case in their possession. I was not paying upper deck. I know it's splitting hairs, and I have said that before, but it is not like I'm buying their current products. It was a product from over 15 years ago. I seriously don't consider that supporting them, but I can understand why others would.

Back to my question, am I supporting Piedmont by buying cards from 100 years ago with their name on the back? Am I supporting smoking by buying a Honus Wagner T-206 card?

Lastly, are we having this conversation on the playground in 3rd grade, or as adults in an online forum?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #87 (permalink)

You always bring it down to the playground level by constantly disagreeing and spinning everything in your favor.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
There you go again. Just another example.

I get enjoyment out of getting you riled up Matt. I could care less about any of these issues because this is just a hobby. It shouldn't have to be dissected like you like to do. This hobby is for enjoyment and fun. It shouldn't be like work or anything related to work. I have a full-time job that does that.

As for my posts and the thought I put into them, the posts I make in these threads are for the sole purpose of seeing you continue to fight the good battle. It's actually has a lot of comedic value.
If this hobby is for enjoyment and fun, why do you suppose sellers on ebay continue to shill bid their own auctions when they know it's wrong? Do these sellers have full-time jobs or do they really need to shill bid their own auctions?

Do you find "comedic value" in this post?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
You always bring it down to the playground level by constantly disagreeing and spinning everything in your favor.
If the shoe fits, wear it...right?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't comparing drugs to cards. I was comparing criminal activities in general. You're smart enough to know the difference. Thanks for the trip back to 3rd grade with your name calling. Makes me laugh. It doesn't offend me.

Am I still supporting Piedmont when I buy T-206 cards with their name on the back? Upper deck does not have that 93 SP case in their possession. I was not paying upper deck. I know it's splitting hairs, and I have said that before, but it is not like I'm buying their current products. It was a product from over 15 years ago. I seriously don't consider that supporting them, but I can understand why others would.

Back to my question, am I supporting Piedmont by buying cards from 100 years ago with their name on the back? Am I supporting smoking by buying a Honus Wagner T-206 card?

Lastly, are we having this conversation on the playground in 3rd grade, or as adults in an online forum?

Whatever Matt. Your posts are laughable anymore. What "level" are your posts on ? Do you think people on here take you serious with this ? Spin and twist things to save face and take the light off the fact that you were wrong. I'll give you your props, you''re good at that. Whatever YOU NEED to make YOU RIGHT works for me. LOL

Old 01-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
If the shoe fits, wear it...right?
LMAO come on Dave, its always the other guy, not Matt. His nonsense is well thought out, intelligent nonsense. Everyone else is on a 3rd grade level and beneath him.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #92 (permalink)

I do find comedic value in that post Matt. Just like you telling everyone you weren't at The National last year. Good one.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Everyone should treat this hobby is like dating a smoking hot girl.
Let me play your way for one post even though I understand your analogy...

Smoking hot girls are no where near the same as pieces of cardboard with pieces of jerseys on them.

Notice I didn't call you a name. LOL
Old 01-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I do find comedic value in that post Matt. Just like you telling everyone you weren't at The National last year. Good one.
There's nothing wrong with not telling anyone I'm going to the National. There's a BIG difference between that and sellers shill bidding their own auctions. Who was I taking advantage of by not telling people I was going to the National? We all know why shill bidding is wrong.

Dave, that was a dumb post. You should probably stop arguing now.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #95 (permalink)

Yes they are like pieces of cardboard. You play with them and enjoy them while you got em. And if you have to worry about them then you should just let go.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #96 (permalink)

By the way, I bid on the Richard SK card a couple of weeks ago just so that you would wind up paying more for it. Sorry about that.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Dave, that was a dumb post. You should probably stop arguing now.
Take your own advice Matt, after all, you're the smartest guy you know.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #98 (permalink)

There's nothing wrong about not telling anyone you were going but when you were called out on it you lied. Lying is wrong Matt.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
There's nothing wrong about not telling anyone you were going but when you were called out on it you lied. Lying is wrong Matt.
I never one time lied about it. I was very, very careful to never lie about it. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong if you can. I won't edit any of my posts because there is no need to.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
By the way, I bid on the Richard SK card a couple of weeks ago just so that you would wind up paying more for it. Sorry about that.
You bid $30 on a card that went for $460. Nothing to be sorry about. You obviously made a poor attempt at trying to get me to pay more for that card. LOL Now that's funny!