Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #101 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I never one time lied about it. I was very, very careful to never lie about it. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong if you can. I won't edit any of my posts because there is no need to.
Good one. Too bad Derek isn't around to read all of this.
davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Take your own advice Matt, after all, you're the smartest guy you know.
Mature adults can argue without insults. Why do you feel the need to insult me? Do you feel threatened by something, or is it just in your nature?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
Good one. Too bad Derek isn't around to read all of this.
Why, you can't defend your own posts? You need someone else to defend what you type?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
There's nothing wrong about not telling anyone you were going but when you were called out on it you lied. Lying is wrong Matt.
Is shill bidding wrong Dave?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes they are like pieces of cardboard. You play with them and enjoy them while you got em. And if you have to worry about them then you should just let go.
dave i love this post and how true it isspoken like a true jerseyite
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #106 (permalink)

I'll give it the classic Wheeler try - I didn't shill bid my own card. I was merely pumping up my own auction and pleading for a $10 bid and someone gave it to me. Nobody had to do that. But I didn't shill bid it. Where do you see my name under the auction?

And it's all coming back to me now - you were on a business trip last August. Another classic spin on Matt's part so that he is able to say he ever lied about it.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll give it the classic Wheeler try - I didn't shill bid my own card. I was merely pumping up my own auction and pleading for a $10 bid and someone gave it to me. Nobody had to do that. But I didn't shill bid it. Where do you see my name under the auction?

And it's all coming back to me now - you were on a business trip last August. Another classic spin on Matt's part so that he is able to say he ever lied about it.
Thanks for your response. I wasn't referring to any particular action you took, however, asking other people to bid on your auction because you said you mistakenly had it ending on Saturday night is a shill bidding attempt. If someone bid because you asked them to, it was shill bid. Is this the only time you have practiced such an act?

I take what I do very seriously. There is a business side of it and being at the National was considered part business and part pleasure. More pleasure than business, but business as well.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 01-31-2010 at 12:18 PM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #108 (permalink)

And no, I don't need Derek here to defend me. I just want him to realize that what he said about you last year was right now that we have all gotten to know you and what you are about.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
And no, I don't need Derek here to defend me. I just want him to realize that what he said about you last year was right now that we have all gotten to know you and what you are about.
How so Dave? Because I stand up for what I believe in? Because I bring to light what should never be taking place?

For your information, Derek and I are on very good terms again. This post of yours is just another example of you not knowing what you're talking about. Seriously, why do you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #110 (permalink)

I'm sure you are a great guy and father Matt. But it's your posts and attempts to always be right (or never be wrong) that are ridiculous.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #111 (permalink)

How am I digging a deeper hole for myself? To whom? I have PMs supporting me. Never got anyone to say otherwise like they do about you right here on the boards.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure you are a great guy and father Matt. But it's your posts and attempts to always be right (or never be wrong) that are ridiculous.
You're just sore because I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe in. I defend it wholeheartedly even when my comments aren't what's popular.

I have admitted several times to being wrong in this forum. I'm not afraid to do that. Is shill bidding wrong? You still have not answered my question.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
How am I digging a deeper hole for myself? To whom? I have PMs supporting me. Never got anyone to say otherwise like they do about you right here on the boards.
I have people support me via PMs too, and I appreciate those. However, if people aren't willing to post those thoughts for all to see, I don't think they should be mentioned. Someone else said the exact same thing you just did in this forum a couple weeks ago, and flat out lied about it. I'm not saying you're lying. Honestly. I don't doubt that you have PMs supporting you. Upper deck has countless customers still supporting them too.

Is shill bidding "wrong" Dave?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Mature adults can argue without insults. Why do you feel the need to insult me? Do you feel threatened by something, or is it just in your nature?
Thanks for the laugh. Threatened by you ? Hardly Matt because guys like you are a dime a dozen. You talk a good game but you don't practice what you preach. I admit I had you all wrong and I've had to eat humble pie with quite a few people.

Keep hanging on that one jackass comment because that's about all you have with this one. What's "in my nature" is calling a spade a spade. And yeah, since you missed it or chose to ignore it the first time, if you post something as asinine as you did then I'll call you out on it. If you read the post again, you'll notice I didn't say you're a jackass Matt, I said don't be a jackass Matt. If we're playing your game, using your logic, there's a huge difference so don't keep whining about something that wasn't there.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #115 (permalink)

I wasn't trying avoid your answer Matt. I was trying to spin it like you do. Apparently I am not as good at it as you are.

So, no. I don't believe shill bidding is wrong. I think abusing drugs is wrong, cheating on your wife is wrong, beating your kids is wrong. I don't think shill bidding a $10 football card is wrong.

Last edited by davebo; 01-31-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #116 (permalink)

And when I say support me, I mean the PMs are about you. Not opinions for SK or against SK. They're not going to post them to the boards because you and your arrogance have driven them off the boards.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Thanks for the laugh. Threatened by you ? Hardly Matt because guys like you are a dime a dozen. You talk a good game but you don't practice what you preach. I admit I had you all wrong and I've had to eat humble pie with quite a few people.

Keep hanging on that one jackass comment because that's about all you have with this one. What's "in my nature" is calling a spade a spade. And yeah, since you missed it or chose to ignore it the first time, if you post something as asinine as you did then I'll call you out on it. If you read the post again, you'll notice I didn't say you're a jackass Matt, I said don't be a jackass Matt. If we're playing your game, using your logic, there's a huge difference so don't keep whining about something that wasn't there.
Let's see, I compared upper deck to drug dealers.

- upper deck was found guilty of counterfeiting...a criminal activity making them criminals by definition. We all know drug dealers are criminals.

- Cards can be addicting as evidenced by all the posts in this forum stating how addicting they are. People spend money on cards "to feed an addiction". The exact same thing can be said about drugs.

- People continue to support upper deck even though they know they have been charged and found guilty of criminal activity. The same can be said about people supporting drug dealers.

I think the similarities between the two are quite evident. I don't think you "want" to see it this way, and therefore called me a jacka$$. "Don't be a jacka$$" is the same thing as calling me one, and you know that.

Furthermore, I think comparing cards to drugs makes more sense than comparing cards to "smoking hot girlfriends". After all, cards and drugs are NOT living, breathing things. Smoking hot grilfriends are. I will admit I like Dave's post about the similarities.

Just admit it Bambam...drugs and cards, (upper deck and drug dealers), have similarities. Unless of course you want to deny the facts I just listed above. I too can "call a spade a spade". Perhaps that's why you don't like me now. Guys like me "are a dime a dozen" huh? Attackers in online forums are a lot cheaper to come by than a dime a dozen, and that too is fact.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 01-31-2010 at 04:43 PM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
I have those same PM's.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
And when I say support me, I mean the PMs are about you. Not opinions for SK or against SK. They're not going to post them to the boards because you and your arrogance have driven them off the boards.
I'm pretty sure who you're talking about, and there are some pretty bad opinions in the real world about the guy I'm thinking of. I suppose we are both a little guilty of running someone off of a forum. I never intended that to happen though. I doubt you did either. If people choose to leave, that's their decision...right? At least that's what I was told a few months ago.

Quote:
I wasn't trying avoid your answer Matt. I was trying to spin it like you do. Apparently I am not as good at it as you are.

So, no. I don't believe shill bidding is wrong. I think abusing drugs is wrong, cheating on your wife is wrong, beating your kids is wrong. I don't think shill bidding a $10 football card is wrong.
Thank you for your answer.

I can't buy products from a seller that shill bids, whether it be a $10 card or $1000 card. Saying you believe it's not wrong does not mean you're a shill bidding seller. I'm just surprised that since the FBI investigates aucton houses for shill bidding and puts the known offenders in prison, AND since it's against eBay policy, that anyone would think shill bidding is OK. Even if it's only a $10 card.

That was my point to my question. I'm okay to let this thread die now. No need for any further posting by me.

I like and respect you Dave. I really do. I'm not just blowing smoke here. Hopefully some day we will meet and I can buy you dinner or a beer. I'd like to meet most of you guys in fact.

Take care all,

Matt
Old 01-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #120 (permalink)

So . . . any chance of getting this thread back on topic about the current UD situation? Didn't think so
Old 01-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
So . . . any chance of getting this thread back on topic about the current UD situation?
I not only hope a restraining order was placed on these upper deck releases, I hope a cease and desist order will be issued to upper deck shortly because they don't deserve to be in the business of making cards any longer. Since they have been found guilty of counterfeiting cards, (A HUGE "NO-NO"), and now it appears they don't care about terms in licensing contracts, they shoud be shut down.

How's that?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #122 (permalink)

When were they guilty of counterfeiting sports cards??? I am just wondering, as I don't know about that......
cp3fan18261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #123 (permalink)

As for the record, I don't buy upper deck products anymore, haven't for alomost a year and a half. I don't like the company as a whole and I hope they burn down.
I don't care if someone buys from them, if their stupid enough to trust them, then go buy from them. I just don't want to hear the crying when they get screwed.

david
bowefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp3fan18261 View Post
When were they guilty of counterfeiting sports cards??? I am just wondering, as I don't know about that......
It was in the news a couple weeks ago, they were caught counterfeiting...

Konami Claims Upper Deck Counterfeited Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards - Anime News Network
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
It was in the news a couple weeks ago, they were caught counterfeiting...

Konami Claims Upper Deck Counterfeited Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards - Anime News Network
No, but those are Yu-Gi-Oh! cards... I mean Sports Cards
cp3fan18261 is offline   Reply With Quote