Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 77
Default A-ROD another homer!

A-Rod homers again ( 2in 3 games) Im at the game in scranton tonight he looks really good. All you A-Rod haters who said he would never be good again watch out.
Highendonly2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,477
Default

STEROIDS....STEROIDS....STEROIDS...

Good for him .
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
jedi500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,755
Default

And I see Pineda had a good night
__________________
Thats a nice beach down there. Hows the water?

Yeah, its nice and warm... and it's loaded with sharks.
jedi500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 394
Default

He wont even be allowed to play next year, enjoy him.

It's a shame really, but it couldnt happen to a more deserving guy.
gmsieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
PadresFan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 549
Default

Maybe hes still on the juice
__________________
Padres PC http://sportscardalbum.com/u/padresfan86
PadresFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,198
Default

Two home runs in the minors off of Chad Reineke and Austin Wright, and now he's good again? Nice to know.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
stang66dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Originally from Indiana, currently live in New York
Posts: 1,785
Default

He'll be lucky if his agent call pull off a deal with MLB... If he gets banned he'll wind up in Japan cause all he cares about is money
__________________
Looking for RARE R.A. Dickey Serial cards including Plates & Autos!! PM your Dickey HAVES!!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video updates! http://www.youtube.com/user/ddickey111
Collecting R.A. Dickey http://dickeyscollection.webs.com Trade List inside!
stang66dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang66dad View Post
He'll be lucky if his agent call pull off a deal with MLB... If he gets banned he'll wind up in Japan cause all he cares about is money and his ego
Fixed your statement for you
ALBASKETBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highendonly2013 View Post
A-Rod homers again ( 2in 3 games) Im at the game in scranton tonight he looks really good. All you A-Rod haters who said he would never be good again watch out.
Some of the notable players who have had 2 HRs in 3 games this year in the Majors.

Dioner Navarro
Delmon Young
Nick Hundley
Ryan Flaherty

Yea, he must be back.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,146
Default

40 homers during regular season.

0 hits in the playoffs.

#WINNING
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
stang66dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Originally from Indiana, currently live in New York
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Some of the notable players who have had 2 HRs in 3 games this year in the Majors.

Dioner Navarro
Delmon Young
Nick Hundley
Ryan Flaherty

Yea, he must be back.
Touche lol
__________________
Looking for RARE R.A. Dickey Serial cards including Plates & Autos!! PM your Dickey HAVES!!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video updates! http://www.youtube.com/user/ddickey111
Collecting R.A. Dickey http://dickeyscollection.webs.com Trade List inside!
stang66dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
KC35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,645
Default

I guess this throws him right into the MVP discussion.
__________________
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj551/8KC35/
PC ALBUM:
https://plus.google.com/photos/113379605234844123236/albums/5843157266408354145?banner=pwa
KC35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC35 View Post
I guess this throws him right into the MVP discussion.
MVPEDs
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
40 homers during regular season.

0 hits in the playoffs.

#WINNING
.973 OPS in World Series
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/lonestr80/
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
.973 OPS in World Series
Wasn't aware we were living in 2009.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Wasn't aware we were living in 2009.
Wasn't aware playoffs had already started this year or that he hit 40 homers this season. So if your comment wasn't about the past then I am confused.
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/lonestr80/
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Some of the notable players who have had 2 HRs in 3 games this year in the Majors.

Dioner Navarro
Delmon Young
Nick Hundley
Ryan Flaherty

Yea, he must be back.
Hey! No Navarro bashing around here, he is having a very nice year. Feel free to bash the rest of them though.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
Wasn't aware playoffs had already started this year or that he hit 40 homers this season. So if your comment wasn't about the past then I am confused.

'Twas based upon his last few years of performance. Generally players his age tend to degrade, not improve, over time. I believe you're more than capable of putting two and two together.

But hey, if you think he can suddenly come out and have a break out postseason post-steroid scandal (granted they make it and he's there)...more power to you.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
'Twas based upon his last few years of performance. Generally players his age tend to degrade, not improve, over time. I believe you're more than capable of putting two and two together.

But hey, if you think he can suddenly come out and have a break out postseason post-steroid scandal (granted they make it and he's there)...more power to you.
The confusing part was that you mentioned 40 homers in regular season so last time that happened was 2007 so didn't think you were talking about "last few years" but maybe you can look at everything and get back to me

Now I don't think he has much of anything left but I was just responding to your 0 hits in playoffs comments because he has been great at times in post season and dogs in others. Overall playoff stats are very good.
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/lonestr80/

Last edited by TXGunslinger; 07-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
.973 OPS in World Series
What's his OPS in the playoffs since 2010?

Bet you don't want to answer that one. Hint: It's not good.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
The confusing part was that you mentioned 40 homers in regular season so last time that happened was 2007 so didn't think you were talking about "last few years" but maybe you can look at everything and get back to me

Now I don't think he has much of anything left but I was just responding to your 0 hits in playoffs comments because he has been great at times in post season and dogs in others. Overall playoff stats are very good.
That was funny, thanks I needed a laugh.

He's a career .263 Postseason hitter, and has only had a .220 average or better in the postseason 2 times out of 7 since 2004. Wouldn't say that's "Very good".
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
What's his OPS in the playoffs since 2010?

Bet you don't want to answer that one. Hint: It's not good.
What's his overall numbers as I bet you don't want to answer that. Hint: It's pretty good and better than Longos.
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/lonestr80/
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
What's his overall numbers as I bet you don't want to answer that. Hint: It's pretty good and better than Longos.
Hint: Steroids, Steroids, and more Steroids.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 07-18-2013 at 10:19 PM.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybcollins View Post
What's his overall numbers as I bet you don't want to answer that. Hint: It's pretty good and better than Longos.
Again, you can live in the past all you want. But this thread is clearly about the present. The 40 homers was obviously a poke at hyping up his 2 homers in 3 games in the 'minors.' Barring even a miracle regular season performance, I highly doubt he would do anything in the playoffs...just as he hasn't for the past half decade.

The guy is done, and has been done for quite some time. Unfortunately, when you have that much money tied up in a player, you have no choice but to keep him longer than you'd like.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
That was funny, thanks I needed a laugh.

He's a career .263 Postseason hitter, and has only had a .220 average or better in the postseason 2 times out of 7 since 2004. Wouldn't say that's "Very good".
How cute a batting average guy! An .833 OPS is pretty impressive in the postseason with .981 in ALCS and .973 in World Series.
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/lonestr80/
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.