Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #101 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmadeofsteel View Post
I'm just going to throw this out there....Is it possible that you have to use cards from an older Ginter year like 2011, 2010, etc.???
You could be right! Earlier it was mentioned in the thread a hole in the fabric. Wasn't there a relic card that had a button hole in swatch from ginter in a past product? I remember people talking about it a lot because it wasn't numbered or anything and it was a kinda rare swatch to get.
royprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07 View Post
You guys should get busy on this thing. You can string together a short message that references the first tweet just from some of the information from the oddities in the set. If you're waiting for the Codemaster to say go, you're already behind.
I second this...
Helltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royprice31 View Post
I'd like to try to crack the code. I've never tried so wouldn't even know where to start
If people knew where to start, it would probably be solved by now.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #104 (permalink)

black hole actually had a card in a previous ginter set.
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07 View Post
You guys should get busy on this thing. You can string together a short message that references the first tweet just from some of the information from the oddities in the set. If you're waiting for the Codemaster to say go, you're already behind.
I've already managed to string together the link to a website that instructed to await further information from the Codemaster to proceed. It's quite simple this year.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I've already managed to string together the link to a website that instructed to await further information from the Codemaster to proceed. It's quite simple this year.
You only just found the web site?

@TheRealFrankL. Co-host of @Nationals101 and @BBillsMNY
TheRealFrankL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #107 (permalink)

do you think the red ink autos with odd print runs has something to do with the code?

i saw sutton, rosario, and mike olt had them. like maybe a combination for something
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
do you think the red ink autos with odd print runs has something to do with the code?

i saw sutton, rosario, and mike olt had them. like maybe a combination for something
That actually seems like a good theory...
RefractorsEtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealFrankL View Post
I mean, the eye patch was the key really ...
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #110 (permalink)

There are some very random checklist appearances this year....one being "Death Valley" I feel like that is a little fishy....not sure if it means anything or not but just strange Death Valley is an actual original card and not part of a set.
Birdland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealFrankL View Post
Well, I am working on finding the next step now. I think I've just about solved it though.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 08-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Well, I am working on finding the next step now. I think I've just about solved it though.
(Cue hordes of "Are you guys serious??" posts.)
Old 08-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #113 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland4 View Post
There are some very random checklist appearances this year....one being "Death Valley" I feel like that is a little fishy....not sure if it means anything or not but just strange Death Valley is an actual original card and not part of a set.
It's 2010 all over again (Revolving Door, Area 51, Betlegeuse...)
Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #114 (permalink)

I've got an idea I think is pretty solid, let's see if I'm right.
KryKslr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
(Cue hordes of "Are you guys serious??" posts.)
Cue 3+ PMs asking for help.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #116 (permalink)
XL5

No one is going to get it in a day. Last year made it pretty clear that they want to have some control over it. The solution is not out there yet.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
No one is going to get it in a day. Last year made it pretty clear that they want to have some control over it. The solution is not out there yet.
This.

Very funny guys - and no, the tiny little code you see on all the back of the cards that say "code" has nothing to do with the set, so Topps.com does nothing for you. The Oddities subset set has nothing different than, well, "oddities."

If you scour the cards, even just the base that you get from blasters, the only card that ever comes up different than the rest is the Pele card. I'm most curious about how the code will play out this year because in the past, other than last year, there was no backstory - just find some cards, line them up, see the differences, then figure out the codes.

Every year, the codes have been layered, and I think that's what most get frazzled on - that is, once you figure one portion out, you immediately get stumped on the next, and so forth.

I've gone through all my cards and I cannot see a discernable difference in layout except for the one mentioned above.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, the mini subset with ciphers was a dead end because all the cards there have to do with ciphers that till this day still have not been solved. With the exception of one

In the past, when Ginter used the cards to solve the code, it's always involved cards that were readily available to anybody - in other words, you didn't have to fork out a ton of money for cards. Last year, they threw out the cards that had absolutely nothing to do with the code and it was web based.

And thus why I find this fun to try every year!
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedliquids View Post
This.

Very funny guys - and no, the tiny little code you see on all the back of the cards that say "code" has nothing to do with the set, so Topps.com does nothing for you. The Oddities subset set has nothing different than, well, "oddities."

If you scour the cards, even just the base that you get from blasters, the only card that ever comes up different than the rest is the Pele card. I'm most curious about how the code will play out this year because in the past, other than last year, there was no backstory - just find some cards, line them up, see the differences, then figure out the codes.

Every year, the codes have been layered, and I think that's what most get frazzled on - that is, once you figure one portion out, you immediately get stumped on the next, and so forth.

I've gone through all my cards and I cannot see a discernable difference in layout except for the one mentioned above.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, the mini subset with ciphers was a dead end because all the cards there have to do with ciphers that till this day still have not been solved. With the exception of one

In the past, when Ginter used the cards to solve the code, it's always involved cards that were readily available to anybody - in other words, you didn't have to fork out a ton of money for cards. Last year, they threw out the cards that had absolutely nothing to do with the code and it was web based.

Great post. Respect.

As it turns out, those who know a lot tend to say very little. The converse is usually true as well.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
This.

Look at the bill walton cards card #s 100 and 350. These are almost identical. could be part of the code
royprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
This.

Thank. You.

As for the Walton, this is not the only thing odd about that part of the checklist...

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #121 (permalink)

hey all.. seems like yall are the only ones really talking about the code so I created an account to share some of the stuff ive noticed... preordered a box that still hasnt came in so had to go out and get a blaster to check them out...

the only thing i've noticed so far on the actual cards other than the different color backgrounds for the players is that the across the years set have different colored borders.. dunno if that has anything to do with the code or not
orngnblu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #122 (permalink)

They are identical besides the color.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #123 (permalink)

I've seen another double inclusion, Henry Rollins, with different texts on the back. One lists him as a "musician" and one lists him as a "performer".
KryKslr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #124 (permalink)

has anyone figured out if the tweets mean anything? its prob a complete coincidence but ive connected them to shakespeare in some way.. unable to connect that to the cards tho so im voting coincidence lol
orngnblu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #125 (permalink)

Just in case anyone was wondering about Bill Walton's t-shirt...