Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondbacks 44 View Post
Have you guys seen the Die-Cut connections cards that are going to be in there? I think they are one of the coolest looking die-cuts Topps has made.

http://magazine-exchange.com/product...2013-HOBBY.pdf
I wonder what the odds will be on these as well as how many each team will have. Might make for some interesting pictures?!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #102 (permalink)

I was thinking the same thing. Can't wait to see a Jeter to Ortiz connection.

Last edited by Diamondbacks 44; 08-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Diamondbacks 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #103 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think the additions they've made to this product on top of what should be a strong autograph set will lead to quite the depletion of supply rather early...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I think the additions they've made to this product on top of what should be a strong autograph set will lead to quite the depletion of supply rather early...
I think you're right, I am probably going to pre-order about 4-5 boxes within the next couple of days and I have only pre-ordered once before and that was 2011 Bowman. These boxes have some real potential and I have no doubt they will shoot up to $80 shortly after they go live.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #105 (permalink)

So Topps continues to screw collectors on redemptions and you all are ready to hand them your money for a product that has never been great?
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
So Topps continues to screw collectors on redemptions and you all are ready to hand them your money for a product that has never been great?
Topps Chrome has been good, and it is probably the best value as far as boxes go, with guaranteed two autos for only around $60, and almost every auto in there has been live.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #107 (permalink)

I wonder what the box toppers look like. The description has me thinking of endless possibilities.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondbacks 44 View Post
Topps Chrome has been good, and it is probably the best value as far as boxes go, with guaranteed two autos for only around $60, and almost every auto in there has been live.
Why reward Topps for screwing fellow collectors?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Why reward Topps for screwing fellow collectors?
Nobody is forced to buy anything so i dont get how i am screwing anybody,I like Topps Chrome, so I buy Topps Chrome. It's as simple as that, and as far as baseball collecting goes if one chooses to collect one buys Topps unless you buy unlicensed cards.

Last edited by Diamondbacks 44; 08-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Ginter was pretty devoid of redemptions other than a few select people. I'm not at all saying that Topps is good in the redemption department, but to say Topps Chrome has never been great is so devoid of fact that it's borderline hilarious.

It took off last year and can't be found for under 95 a box right now, and 2011 Topps Chrome was pretty popular until Hosmer decided to stop hitting last year.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #111 (permalink)

I haven't ordered anything yet, but I keep reading that these will go up in value and would be a great flip down the line. I myself enjoy opening, but wouldn't be against flipping if the price is right.

My question is: Are these cases a great buy at the current Blowout price (around $750) or did people pre-order these awhile ago when prices were even lower?

I could ask the exact same question for Topps Finest...if anyone cares to answer about both.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I keep reading that these will go up in value and would be a great flip down the line. I myself enjoy opening, but wouldn't be against flipping if the price is right.

My question is: Are these cases a great buy at the current Blowout price (around $750) or did people pre-order these awhile ago when prices were even lower?
It hasn't gone up much from initial pricing online. If you are buying multiple cases you can get it for less than that most likely, but 750 is still a good price, only about 63 a box.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
It hasn't gone up much from initial pricing online. If you are buying multiple cases you can get it for less than that most likely, but 750 is still a good price, only about 63 a box.
Thanks for the info. I never look far enough in advance to see the initial pre-order prices and didn't know if these were like $650 in the beginning. Would you say the same about Finest as well (value wise at around $760)?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #114 (permalink)

How can all just ignore what Topps is doing to people? The product isn't the point. The company as a whole doesn't value you at all after the sale. That doesn't bother you at all, or are all of you so much crack whores that it doesn't matter how hard Topps screws you, you will come back for more?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
It hasn't gone up much from initial pricing online.

it has actually gone down from initial pricing
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Thanks for the info. I never look far enough in advance to see the initial pre-order prices and didn't know if these were like $650 in the beginning. Would you say the same about Finest as well (value wise at around $760)?
It depends on who is in the finest checklist, they usually have a smaller checklist, but if they decide to put Myers, Puig, Machado and a few other superstars plus the average rookies, it too could take off.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
How can all just ignore what Topps is doing to people? The product isn't the point. The company as a whole doesn't value you at all after the sale. That doesn't bother you at all, or are all of you so much crack whores that it doesn't matter how hard Topps screws you, you will come back for more?
Yea, the wrapper redemptions, Hidden Ginter 1/1s, code programs (regardless of how they were handled) and whatever else extra things they have included that they didn't have to, are complete crap. Complain however much you want about them, but they are little extra things that don't cost much, but add a bunch of value.

Yes, they have major flaws. CS and Redemptions need to improve. But their products contain the best value of anyone in the industry, and their prices are the best in the industry.

Topps Chrome, with 2 ON CARD autos, multiple colors per box, and licensing, is pre-ordering at about 60 a box from retailers right now.

Panini Prizm, with 2 STICKER autos, a small amount of color if any, no licensing, and 4 less packs per box, is 80 dollars at best right now from retailers.

You tell me which company is providing the better overall product right now.

The company produces the product. I would say the two are connected.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Then don't collect. Let me do what I want with my money, I don't care if they are a good company or not. Nobody is making you buy their stuff.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #119 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

HeritageKing and tonedef2008 are the resident cynics. I know I'm in for three cases, and will enjoy opening each and every pack.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll be in line!!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #121 (permalink)

Nobody hates the way that Topps treats their customers more than I but as long as they are the only real game in town count me in. I hate to support them but I need my fix and this is my favorite product. I'm on the fence between a couple of boxes or a case. The only thing keeping me from buying more is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
HeritageKing and tonedef2008 are the resident cynics. I know I'm in for three cases, and will enjoy opening each and every pack.
and who makes Heritage?
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:14 AM   #123 (permalink)

Will there be a wrapper redemption for this?
Old 08-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
Will there be a wrapper redemption for this?
There hasn't been for Topps Chrome in the past, but never say never.

For the record, have been wondering if they would ever port over Blue Wave Refractors to Topps Chrome. Would love a Longoria version of it.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
There hasn't been for Topps Chrome in the past, but never say never.

For the record, have been wondering if they would ever port over Blue Wave Refractors to Topps Chrome. Would love a Longoria version of it.
They actually did do it for 2010 Topps Chrome if I remember correctly.