Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #176 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 486
Default

Two questions I need opinions on about TC this year.

A) How much do you think Machado base autos will go?

B) Should I get a box of it or a box worth of singles?
twinsvikings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #177 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsvikings31 View Post
Two questions I need opinions on about TC this year.

A) How much do you think Machado base autos will go?

B) Should I get a box of it or a box worth of singles?
A) I'm thinking base of him goes for around the price of a box on release, maybe almost up to 75.

B) Usually always safer to buy singles, because you get what you want.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #178 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsvikings31 View Post
Two questions I need opinions on about TC this year.

A) How much do you think Machado base autos will go?

B) Should I get a box of it or a box worth of singles?
A) Hard to say. If it's a SP, a lot, if not, between $60 and $80.

B) Depends on how you collect. If you thrill the chase, get a box, if not, buy singles.

I think I'm just going to set up camp in this thread...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #179 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
A) I'm thinking base of him goes for around the price of a box on release, maybe almost up to 75.

B) Usually always safer to buy singles, because you get what you want.
I might just pick out a few autos on ebay instead of grabbing a box then...
twinsvikings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #180 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
A) Hard to say. If it's a SP, a lot, if not, between $60 and $80.

B) Depends on how you collect. If you thrill the chase, get a box, if not, buy singles.

I think I'm just going to set up camp in this thread...
Hopefully under 60ish! You own this thread man!
twinsvikings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
A) Hard to say. If it's a SP, a lot, if not, between $60 and $80.

B) Depends on how you collect. If you thrill the chase, get a box, if not, buy singles.

I think I'm just going to set up camp in this thread...
Anyway we can make ourselves moderators for this thread? Because at this point we both have 34 posts haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #182 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Anyway we can make ourselves moderators for this thread? Because at this point we both have 34 posts haha.
If anything, get a badge that says "TC Expert."

I fully expect my 8,000th post to come in this thread, which is sad, cause I created the "All Things 2013 Topps Chrome" thread MONTHS ago, but this one seems to be of more relevance...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
mburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Anyway we can make ourselves moderators for this thread? Because at this point we both have 34 posts haha.
I have to say that I've enjoyed all the insight you guys have given me! I am going to order my case tonight and I think it would add to the fun of these breaks if we made a post-release thread as well! Less than a month away now
__________________
Back in the Hobby! ONLY collecting Nick Franklin and Brad Miller
mburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #184 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
If anything, get a badge that says "TC Expert."

I fully expect my 8,000th post to come in this thread, which is sad, cause I created the "All Things 2013 Topps Chrome" thread MONTHS ago, but this one seems to be of more relevance...
Yea I noticed, I remember that thread. Not sure what happened. I'm sure other threads will be made too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburrows View Post
I have to say that I've enjoyed all the insight you guys have given me! I am going to order my case tonight and I think it would add to the fun of these breaks if we made a post-release thread as well! Less than a month away now
When the checklist comes out, I'm sure that a thread will be made, as that will be a big deal. Topps Chrome is usually one of the more popular ones, and I as usual will have my Live Update thread the day of release while i'm busting my 4 cases!
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
mburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Yea I noticed, I remember that thread. Not sure what happened. I'm sure other threads will be made too.



When the checklist comes out, I'm sure that a thread will be made, as that will be a big deal. Topps Chrome is usually one of the more popular ones, and I as usual will have my Live Update thread the day of release while i'm busting my 4 cases!
Definitely looking forward to that, as I will have to live vicariously through your thread until my case arrives! A live video feed would be fun too.
__________________
Back in the Hobby! ONLY collecting Nick Franklin and Brad Miller
mburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #186 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Yea I noticed, I remember that thread. Not sure what happened. I'm sure other threads will be made too.



When the checklist comes out, I'm sure that a thread will be made, as that will be a big deal. Topps Chrome is usually one of the more popular ones, and I as usual will have my Live Update thread the day of release while i'm busting my 4 cases!
It's just going to be a great time. I probably won't get around to breaking mine until that Saturday, as I am waiting for my buddy and his twin brother to come down from San Jose to help. We will be spending the morning sending a weather balloon into space to capture some video of our ol' Mother Earth.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburrows View Post
Definitely looking forward to that, as I will have to live vicariously through your thread until my case arrives! A live video feed would be fun too.
I have thought about that, but where I break (on my "office" floor) wouldn't be suitable for video-ing. I will provide scans of any huge hits as I bust though.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #188 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 10,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I have thought about that, but where I break (on my "office" floor) wouldn't be suitable for video-ing. I will provide scans of any huge hits as I bust though.
"Hits"? NSFW?
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,285
Default

Argh!! Why do I keep looking at this thread? Still a month away, and I'm so ready to bust some cases right now. Perhaps I should've busted Ginter just so I wouldn't be going through such severe withdrawals.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #190 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Argh!! Why do I keep looking at this thread? Still a month away, and I'm so ready to bust some cases right now. Perhaps I should've busted Ginter just so I wouldn't be going through such severe withdrawals.
Ginter would be the methadone to my Chrome heroine addiction...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
"Hits"? NSFW?
Haha. all my prior "hits" are either pregnant out of wedlock or in prison, so no NSFW hits

Just me and my girlfriend busting my cases haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #192 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Haha. all my prior "hits" are either pregnant out of wedlock or in prison, so no NSFW hits

Just me and my girlfriend busting my cases haha.
And one of mine is now a lesbian...wish I would have known when we were together...sigh
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #193 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
And one of mine is now a lesbian...wish I would have known when we were together...sigh
Ahh, you missed the almighty window.

One of mine was swung that way, loved other girls...the rest of that story is classified

What was this thread about again?
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,073 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #194 (permalink)
Member
 
mburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Ahh, you missed the almighty window.

One of mine was swung that way, loved other girls...the rest of that story is classified

What was this thread about again?
__________________
Back in the Hobby! ONLY collecting Nick Franklin and Brad Miller
mburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
DirtyBirdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 947
Default

Glad I locked in my 2 cases today @ $755 each. Blowout has taken down the option to pre-order so I'm assuming a price jump next time they put it back up.
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #196 (permalink)
Member
 
YanksBillsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,774
Default

Ill have my cases waiting for me at my parents' house. The absolutely wrong timing for this to come out for me. I'll live through you all until I get mine in hand.
__________________
Collecting:
Brett Gardner, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, Kiko Alonso
YanksBillsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #197 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBirdy View Post
Glad I locked in my 2 cases today @ $755 each. Blowout has taken down the option to pre-order
I'm sure they didn't take it down. they typically don't have a large case quantity of any one product loaded on the website at once, often 5 or less. more likely they just sold out what they had loaded.

Quote:
so I'm assuming a price jump next time they put it back up.
Would be surprising this far out, given it is still widely available for around what they were selling for.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
mburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 761
Default

Looks like they are all sold out for the time being....I was going to pre-order mine tonight!
__________________
Back in the Hobby! ONLY collecting Nick Franklin and Brad Miller
mburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Some of you guys should be Topps rep's. I've been between two boxes (I'm just small time compared to most ordering cases on here) of A & G or Topps Chrome. After reading this thread for the past 4 days I order TC last night. Now I just have to wait a month to bust! I'm excited to see what gets pulled from some of the early cases.
__________________
Interested in Chipper Jones relics/autos and 80's - early 90's RCs.
CLBUSCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #200 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBUSCollector View Post
Some of you guys should be Topps rep's. I've been between two boxes (I'm just small time compared to most ordering cases on here) of A & G or Topps Chrome. After reading this thread for the past 4 days I order TC last night. Now I just have to wait a month to bust! I'm excited to see what gets pulled from some of the early cases.
At this point, it's a little late to jump on the Ginter wagon unless you hit something huge. TC is the right choice
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.