Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default eBay Refund Question

So for the first time ever, I got a damaged card off eBay due to poor shipping. I opened a "Not As Described" case, asking for a full refund. The other day, the case was closed and I received a refund. I received a full refund, but now I'm confused...there's no directions telling me to return it, how to return it, or where to return it. Is there somewhere that should tell me that? I mean, there is literally nothing telling me to return it (or to keep it, for that matter). Obviously, I had full intentions of returning it...but do I need to? If so, where do I find the information on how to?
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
premium1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,018
Default

Just contact the seller for their return info if you do not have it.
__________________
<-----Great deals to be found on my COMC!
premium1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 688
Default

what's your eBay name?
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

So, I still haven't heard back from the seller and would like to get this resolved.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,341
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

have you tried contacting them via email (you'll have this liklely on your paypal payment receipt) as well as through ebay?
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,156
Default

I would definitely recommend going thru Ebay vice e-mail. Ebay wants to see the information from THEIR website, which is supposedly more secure than regular e-mail. You can tamper w/ your own e-mail.
__________________
Always willing to talk shop or B/S/T.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I would definitely recommend going thru Ebay vice e-mail. Ebay wants to see the information from THEIR website, which is supposedly more secure than regular e-mail. You can tamper w/ your own e-mail.
I thought I was blocked (from sending them a message on email) considering how out of the way I had to go to send the seller a message. There is an email address listed under their Paypal account, but I'm hesitant in going that route for this reason.

Seems like the seller isn't too concerned about returning the card, which is a bit perturbing.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,951
Default

How much was the card? Its possible the seller just chose to refund and not require you to return. I have done it a few times on low cost cards.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
So for the first time ever, I got a damaged card off eBay due to poor shipping. I opened a "Not As Described" case, asking for a full refund. The other day, the case was closed and I received a refund. I received a full refund, but now I'm confused...there's no directions telling me to return it, how to return it, or where to return it. Is there somewhere that should tell me that? I mean, there is literally nothing telling me to return it (or to keep it, for that matter). Obviously, I had full intentions of returning it...but do I need to? If so, where do I find the information on how to?
you may have gotten the refund from Ebay Buyer Protection, not from the seller. About 3 years ago I got a double refund, one from Ebay and one from the seller for a pre-order that he could not fulfill.
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99, Detroit Tigers, Topps on-card autos.
See my Stadium Club case hits on Twitter: @Bodnercards
Gmrson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
How much was the card? Its possible the seller just chose to refund and not require you to return. I have done it a few times on low cost cards.
It was only $11 ($9 plus shipping), so that might've been it. Would've expected a response, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
you may have gotten the refund from Ebay Buyer Protection, not from the seller. About 3 years ago I got a double refund, one from Ebay and one from the seller for a pre-order that he could not fulfill.
It says that the seller issued a refund, so I don't know if that's it.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.