Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
wow, everybody is being real hard on this guy... i'd also like to add a lot of the people being hard on him have low feedback.

OP, you can return it if the buyer has a return policy. If it was an honest mistake shake it off, if the seller is being a problem and cursing at you, you'll win the claim anyway.
Lol, always my favorite response. Low forum feedback indicative of anything. Really, the fact that you conduct most transactions on a forum would be illustrative of how many small deals you complete/and general time wasted.
j20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
wow, everybody is being real hard on this guy... i'd also like to add a lot of the people being hard on him have low feedback.

OP, you can return it if the buyer has a return policy. If it was an honest mistake shake it off, if the seller is being a problem and cursing at you, you'll win the claim anyway.
What does feedback have to do with this?
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j20s View Post
Lol, always my favorite response. Low forum feedback indicative of anything. Really, the fact that you conduct most transactions on a forum would be illustrative of how many small deals you complete/and general time wasted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
What does feedback have to do with this?
then why are you both so sensitive if thats how you feel? my point is that people make mistakes, thats why people have return policies and the OP is just getting destroyed because he made one careless decision, I just think it's unfair how hard people are on here for mistakes like this.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
then why are you both so sensitive if thats how you feel? my point is that people make mistakes, thats why people have return policies and the OP is just getting destroyed because he made one careless decision, I just think it's unfair how hard people are on here for mistakes like this.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I totally agree like this. Everybody saying he is a disgrace to ebay and blowout are idiots. like he made mistake chill. like you havent f***ed up before in your life. Smh
ray34allen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34allen21 View Post
I totally agree like this. Everybody saying he is a disgrace to ebay and blowout are idiots. like he made mistake chill. like you havent f***ed up before in your life. Smh
Yes, and when possible, I take responsibility for them, as OP is not.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, and when possible, I take responsibility for them, as OP is not.
Im sure you dont own up to every mistake you have made immediatley. I know i sure dont. Why should he have to? Its human nature dude haha. He has to mess up to learn from his mistakes.
ray34allen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
what's your point, i like the forum and enjoy it? that's about as useful as what you claim my itrader point is. btw in the post above u mentioned that transactions on here are small and useless? uh not for me buddy.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #34 (permalink)

Love the picture of the dual auto in the photos. If you can't be descriptive enough, don't put stuff like that in pictures.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

I made the same mistake when I first started bidding on Ebay. I hate when sellers don't put Blaster anywhere in the description.
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #36 (permalink)

you guys are ridiculous, OP, you made a mistake, i have personally not opened any platinum and wouldn't know one box from another (although perhaps i would have checked before bidding). That being said, you contacted the seller, you has a return policy, you apologize and move on. I have had many people in the 10,000 or so total ebay sales make mistakes, as a seller i understand that, not a big deal. Good luck and ignore the people holding the pitchforks...
Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan1983 View Post
you guys are ridiculous, OP, you made a mistake, i have personally not opened any platinum and wouldn't know one box from another (although perhaps i would have checked before bidding). That being said, you contacted the seller, you has a return policy, you apologize and move on. I have had many people in the 10,000 or so total ebay sales make mistakes, as a seller i understand that, not a big deal. Good luck and ignore the people holding the pitchforks...
+++++++++++1 nuff said!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #38 (permalink)

OP should have paid attention, don't think thats a discussion, but lets put some of the blame here on the seller, that listing is absolutely horrible and the seller should expect to really have some mad purchasers if the description doesn't accurately describe the product. It's just trying to trick people to paying too much for a retail blaster by not indicating exactly what product he's selling.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

makes you feel any better he had another one go for $65 a week and a half ago

he is set to try to mislead people even tho to me his pictures obvious....I mean I would put "BLASTER" in the title if I didn't want people to second guess

Last edited by Zach23; 08-26-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I asked what it had to do with anything? I wouldn't say I'm sensitive just because I want to know the relation between feedback on this site and a transaction off of this site.
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan1983 View Post
The buyer obviously made a "rookie" Ebay mistake but the description or lack there is did play a part.

To me, it seems like the seller was purposely being deceptive in order to boost the bids. Look at his neutrals and negative feedbacks. A very scummy thing to do IMO. I would give the OP a pass on this one.

Last edited by ALBASKETBALL; 08-26-2013 at 02:10 AM.
ALBASKETBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #42 (permalink)

Seller posted a pic of something impossible to pull out of that box...
hychang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #43 (permalink)

Uhm, why has the OP not been banned yet? I mean, we can't have people who make human mistakes like him on the forum.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #44 (permalink)

I also think the listing is vague and should stated that it was a blaster.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #45 (permalink)

Those people who are saying this is the OP's fault, which it is to an extent, and that he should just suck up his mistake, are basically saying that it's ok for sellers to deliberately attempt to mislead buyers.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

Both parties can shoulder blame but that's a dirty listing. Seller knew what he was doing and got a few rooks to take the bait.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #47 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

It looks to me like the seller has a history of deceiving unsuspecting eBayers. Should the buyer have been more careful? Sure. However, the seller certainly appears to know exactly what he is doing.

Needs to identify package as a blaster box. Description needs to be better!!!!!Buyer: Member id gary*bucky ( Feedback Score Of 17)
Aug-04-13 20:32
  • Reply by ecards2012 (Aug-05-13 09:58):

novice buyer. it was clearly described. he never emailed me, i offer full refund
2012 Panini Past & Present Basketball Box Kevin Durant Kyrie Irving Auto?! $$$ (#161073842665)US $26.50View Item 2012 Panini Past & Present Basketball Box Kevin Durant Kyrie Irving Auto?! $$$

Bad seller. Not willing to work with you. Unfair ebayerBuyer: Member id mntndewboi47 ( Feedback Score Of 212)
May-30-13 10:19
  • Reply by ecards2012 (May-31-13 09:32):

Bad buyer. i did work with him, we agreed on a refund, he left negative anyway.
2013 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN BASEBALL SEALED BOX! Bryce Harper Mike Trout AUTO?! $$$ (#161021600571)US $65.65View Item 2013 TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN BASEBALL SEALED BOX! Bryce Harper Mike Trout AUTO?! $$$
Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #48 (permalink)

sorry op. it is absolutely your fault. picture shows a box of retail. seller didnt have to put retail in the title.

2013 - check
bowman platinum sealed box - check

DESC:
Welcome to eCards Auctions!

Up for auction today is a:

2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball Factory Sealed Box!!

-Look for Chrome Prospect ROOKIE Refractor AUTOGRAPHS of players like Manny Machado, YASIEL PUIG!, & more!!

-Also look for Chrome Gold Refractors, Xfractors, Blue Refractors, Die Cuts & Jumbo Relics & more!!

Brand New, Great Value!! $$$

Will be shipped with delivery confirmation. Payment due within 3 days via Paypal. You will recieve the exact box shown in picture. thanks

Please check out my other auctions and good luck bidding!!
Posted with eBay Mobile
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
It looks to me like the seller has a history of deceiving unsuspecting eBayers. Should the buyer have been more careful? Sure. However, the seller certainly appears to know exactly what he is doing.
yes, i agree. seller knew what he was doing. buyer should have read the box clearly or sent a message to confirm what he was purchasing. **lesson learned either way**
Old 08-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
Both parties can shoulder blame but that's a dirty listing. Seller knew what he was doing and got a few rooks to take the bait.
Exactly. I'm sure most of those saying 'OP's fault' would be complaining of a scam had it happened to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashout View Post
yes, i agree. seller knew what he was doing. buyer should have read the box clearly or sent a message to confirm what he was purchasing. **lesson learned either way**
Seller is a conman. Simple.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote