Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #51 (permalink)

The seller also has 2 more blasters for sale. With the same vague non descriptive title. I would guess he just lists a few blasters at a time waiting for a new sucker. Do you really need to keyword spam on a blaster?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #52 (permalink)

My .02;

Seller intentionally is fishing for people to not realize this is a blaster. His feedback indicates that he has a history of doing this and he continues to do it. Ebay allows returns and the OP is well within his rights to do so if seller refuses to cancel.

OP, the picture is clear and it can easily be deduced that the item is a blaster based on how many packs and how many total cards are inside. I too thought that was a regular retail box until I looked at it closer. I have made this same mistake and because of that I scrutinize everything I buy on Ebay from every picture, words in the description an title as well as sellers feedback. No doubt you share fault here. I fully think a cancellation and/or return are in order though. I normally am very anti Ebay return but it is clear that you and others bid on this thinking it was a full box and not a blaster. This was the sellers intention and that is wrong.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Just return it or "back out" like your feedback here has suggested you do.

Just happens that the seller is a bigger jackhole than you are. Return it. You will be out the return shipping and that is the price you pay for assuming.

Knowledge is the key to eveything. But seeing you didn't look at the picture to see what you would be receiving you can still get a refund.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #54 (permalink)

I love lamp
lazygambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #55 (permalink)

The divorce IS YOUR FAULT!!!
You are to be blamed for the breakup.

Last edited by IronMonkey415; 08-26-2013 at 02:09 PM.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

Just happens that the seller is a bigger jackhole than you are. Return it. You will be out the return shipping and that is the price you pay for assuming.

Knowledge is the key to eveything. But seeing you didn't look at the picture to see what you would be receiving you can still get a refund.
Have my babies...please
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #57 (permalink)
XL5

The auction is set up to be deceptive. From the photo to the redemption cards (one of which I don't think you can even get in a retail blaster) to the description it's misleading. Not lying, but misleading. I mean who takes a close up of the top of a blaster? Only someone who wants to make it look like a regular box.

If the seller wants to play that game, he should be ready for returns and complaints. I don't see a problem with the OP requesting a cancel or a return if the guy refuses to cancel.

Now if it had simply had the word "Blaster" in the title this would all be on the buyer.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
I asked what it had to do with anything? I wouldn't say I'm sensitive just because I want to know the relation between feedback on this site and a transaction off of this site.
Fair enough.

Anyway this is clearly a dual error here. Buyer shoulda been more careful but seller did not list this properly and therefore everyone should give the buyer a break and stop acting like this is a irreversible mistake and anytime people make mistakes they should be stuck with it. That's not how the world works. That's why stores and companies have return policies, warranties and other mechanisms to correct errors.

Anyway full refund will likely be given so it's kinda a moot issue.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #59 (permalink)

Both at fault. OP for not paying attention to the pictures, and the seller for not being descriptive enough in their title and obviously trying to lead people on about what they're actually getting.

We're humans, it happens. Especially if the OP was in a rush when bidding. Hell, something similar happened to me on Friday. I was on my way to pick up something for dinner and got stopped by a high school student who was trying to get donations for a college fund. She said who she was working for, and something about getting matched for every $10, and I went ahead and donated to her cause. Got my receipt thing and went on getting dinner.

Well, yesterday I took a look at the receipt and realized I'd gotten myself signed up for a newspaper subscription. The newspaper was never mentioned during out interaction even though it was clearly written on things I would have noticed if I'd been paying attention and not in a rush. Really annoying because I don't want a newspaper and now have to deal with getting it cancelled. My fault for being rushed, and the girl's fault for not being explicit about what was going on. I haven't decided how to handle my situation yet, as I really did want to contribute to just the college fund part, and cancelling the subscription would negate that. But it's a lesson learned that next time I get stopped by anyone I'll be asking more questions and reading everything before signing anything.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Fair enough.

Anyway this is clearly a dual error here. Buyer shoulda been more careful but seller did not list this properly and therefore everyone should give the buyer a break and stop acting like this is a irreversible mistake and anytime people make mistakes they should be stuck with it. That's not how the world works. That's why stores and companies have return policies, warranties and other mechanisms to correct errors.

Anyway full refund will likely be given so it's kinda a moot issue.
Actually, I would go a step farther on the seller. It's my firm belief that they were INTENTIONALLY vague in order to lead bidders to believe that they were getting a full sized box, be it retail or hobby.

The picture is taken at an angle so that it looks like a hobby box at first glance, and the wording is such that it leads you to believe you are bidding on a full-sized box.

BUT, the bidder should have taken a better look at the picture.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

OP made a mistake. The seller has a 14 days return policy. He can't fight it. Just return and get the refund.

The seller is looking for inexperience buyers to make the mistake. But if he is shilling, then he is really stupid. Who would not fight if they paid $75 for a blaster box and he accepts return?
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #62 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

Quote:

damn this cracked me up
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #63 (permalink)
XL5

Ginter sealed box blaster, $43.

2013 Topps Allen Ginter Sealed BOX Mike Trout Yasiel Puig RC Auto $$$ | eBay
Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #64 (permalink)

Both you and the seller are at fault. You put in a bid without paying attention, but the seller deserves that because his description and title were pretty descriptive.

Just do what you gotta do, apologize, and hopefully both you and the seller learn a lesson, no big deal.
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:

Yo, I know OP and hes a good guy. He made some mistakes in the beginning using this site. Cut him a break

Last edited by phillies347; 08-29-2013 at 11:41 AM.
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #66 (permalink)

I would gladly take a non paying bidder rather than paying 60 dollars extra for a blaster I can get at walmart for 19.99.The way the box is pictured gives the impression of either a 24 pack retail box or a hobby box,yes if taking your time and zooming in for a bigger picture it is quite apparent what you'll be receiving.I just find it odd that the seller can spend time mentioning what you can pull but doesn't have the time to type the word blaster anywhere.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

who cares...return it or don't pay. We all make mistakes. If I go to any credible brick and mortar store and accidentally get the wrong product they will refund me in a second.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #68 (permalink)

I was surprised at how many people jumped on the OP for this one. Obviously it was a mistake on his part not noticing it was an 8 pack blaster based on the wording on the box in the picture. However this seller is intentionally being vague about this item and is trying to lure in someone who didnt notice the box was actually a blaster. I really love the fact how he takes so much time keyword spamming and posting pictures of possible cards your could pull, yet somehow 'conveniently' is leaving out the words retail and blaster from both the title and description. Buyers need to be protected from scumbags like this seller.

This reminds me of that infamous Judge Judy ebay seller who was selling 'pictures' of cell phones and ripping people off for hundreds of dollars at a time. Tried to claim it was ok because it said 'you will be getting the picture of the cell phone shown' instead of 'you will be getting the item in the picture'. Intentionally misleading listings trying to rip people off piss me off alot more than a buyer who doesnt catch it

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 08-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #69 (permalink)

Suck it up and pay the $ and I'm sure you won't make that mistake again. You don't learn things in life by never making mistakes.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
Suck it up and pay the $ and I'm sure you won't make that mistake again. You don't learn things in life by never making mistakes.
I understand the idea that a buyer should admit his mistake, however I dont understand why you would think that a buyer that is obviously out to scam someone should be rewarded for the buyer's error. If it was listed correctly/truthfully and the buyer makes the mistake I definitely think they should suck it up and pay, but this wasn't the case with this particular listing imo.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j20s View Post
Absolutely your fault and liability. People like you blaming others for their mistakes are part of the reason that eBay has gone downhill.
yes this ^^^^^^
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #72 (permalink)

In so tempted to ask this clown what the odds are on pulling a Nat'l Convention auto redemption out of one of his "Factory Sealed Boxes". What a great deal...
Looking for these cards: '12 BDPP Austin Aune red paper 1/1, black and yellow auto'd Printing Plates; '12 BDPP Pat Light black, cyan, and pink auto'd Printing Plates; '13 BC T. Walker purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos, '13 BC Stephen Piscotty blue wave, purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos.
tazzy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #73 (permalink)

Good arguments on both sides and in the middle. My opinion - the seller is obviously trying to be misleading, and for that he deserves the returns/cancelled bids. The seller has seller has had this same issue in the past and continues to sell this way hoping to make $75 on $20 boxes. This is not a situation where a buyer backs out for some BS reason. When dishonest buyers try to take advantage of honest sellers, that's one thing. But this is not that. Past feedback, and his response to the OP makes that pretty clear.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #74 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
Yo, I know OP and hes a good guy. He made some mistakes in the beginning using this site. Cut him a break
I did cut him a break by saying that it will only cost him return shipping to learn a lesson.

Seller is a douchenozzle and deserves every chargeback and negative feedback he received

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote