Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #51 (permalink)

as a buyer, I hate when I make an offer and the seller counters to which I make a new offer, and then it expires. I also hate when my offer gets declined, and I don't get a counter offer.

thanks for contest.
89transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #52 (permalink)

When I offer a best offer, I always counter. I typically don't sell things that sell for more than $20-$25, so my offers are usually a couple of dollars shy of my price listed. I'll get another counter-counter and drop a little more.

There are few exceptions to me not sending a counter. But one happened recently.

I had a Mike Schmidt RC up on the bay at $100 and got an offer of $20 on it. I declined it. Guy comes up $1 on his next offer. I decline it. Guy raises to $25 on his third and final offer. I just let it sit until the card ends because I was pissed off at that point and tired of playing his game.

Some have a best offer on boxes, but will only take asking prices if buying single boxes. They have BO, but it's only if you buy more than 1 box or case.

Last edited by crazy4kinsler; 08-29-2013 at 12:56 PM.
crazy4kinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #53 (permalink)

I'm not saying that he should have sold the card to me for less, only that he should have countered. Otherwise just list it at a fixed price.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
He has his priced fairly, so you were a little low, although not a ridiculous last offer if 250 from his BIN price. I would have countered you at 1500 at the minimum. If he doesn't want to go below that, he should have not put in a BO option.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #55 (permalink)

When someone sends me an offer I don't like at all I just decline it. If they're close I'll counter.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
He has his priced fairly, so you were a little low, although not a ridiculous last offer if 250 from his BIN price. I would have countered you at 1500 at the minimum. If he doesn't want to go below that, he should have not put in a BO option.
Yes, that was my only point. I am trying to find one of these at a very good price. No need to hit the Accept Offer button, but countering is only civil.

I may have gone $1500 if he had actually engaged. But his lack of response meant that I am going to be patient and find another one.

His price is definitely fair to someone with a little deeper pockets than me
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #57 (permalink)

OK, going to end this contest now and take this baby to random. Plenty of responses.

Everyone in before this post will be randomed shortly...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #58 (permalink)

Much to like what you said, I usually counter if the original offer isn't just a huge lowball. I'm also of the belief that if you want a BO, you obviously need to be willing to work a price
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

I always counter offer as a seller, even if it is a lowball offer. I will not put OBO on my listing if I am not willing to counter to someone's offer. I hate it when sellers don't counter back and don't respond.

Also collecting Bowman Chrome Prospects
eaglescubs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #60 (permalink)

There were 44 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

lambeauleap87
sbfinley
jusdukky
JohnRyno
natbornkiller
jmscoggin
Carrbeaz
wadedaniel84
Abbienormal
GoBeavs
phillies347
THE(NEXT)LEVEL
SammyT
elijahdf11
Axe
cwgross144
centereacan06
friarbolt
shrevecity
HadWayTooMuch
Ajax1723
hotbox
89transam
happychef
Christillman
SSsportsCARDS
IsaacB4Sale
lobo_hacker
Boo
nadeauman33
joeybats19
jewcer2k5
55lincecumfan55
JeHHH
mkhawk21
Afton9444
crazy4kinsler
hanes1111
peafour
jygelly008
Davesportscards
Artchie
cardinalsfan5
mikecamp99
Timestamp: 2013-08-29 16:37:58 UTC

Mr. Lambeauleap please get me your address information.

Thanks all for the spirited discussion. I feel a little better about myself.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #61 (permalink)

BO had a 2008 Score Jumbo football box for I think $42 or BO a few years back. I offered $35, was rejected. I offered $39, was rejected.

I emailed them asking why they had BO if they weren't taking offers. The response was, "I don't know."

I chuckled.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #62 (permalink)

I listed a bunch of 99 cent cards the other night and realized they all had best offer on them. You cannot offer less than 99 cents(or at least you used to not be able to) so its pointless
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #63 (permalink)

Drives me crazy. I don't really understand why you have BO if you aren't willing to negotiate. Plus, of course the buyer is going to low ball you on the first offer...it's bargaining

Bucket:http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/ellsberries/library/?sort=3&page=1
BeantownBashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

While it may be annoying, not every offer or the corresponding sellers counter requires additional attention; more negotiating. Many different variables can effect why a buyer or seller would choose not to negotiate; offer, counter, new offer, new counter,....

As a buyer, if you're making a "fair" offer (and one of the only current offers), you should at least expect to receive a counteroffer from the seller. If you don't receive a counteroffer and you're still interested, at a higher price; make that new offer and let it play out.
auburn35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #65 (permalink)

I tend to disagree. While I find it more annoying when you submit an offer and you get neither an acceptance or decline, I'm an advocate of the auto decline. It saves me and you, the time of playing cat and mouse. I will personally set up an auto decline for a minimum offer of 50% of my BiN price (some are up to 75% of my BiN if it's a hot ticket item like a Myers blue or Springer blue 9.5/10). It saves me the @ss pain of some retard offering me $50 on a $300+ card. Just my $0.02.
Nordy's 20 case '14 Bowman Jumbo break: TBD
tazzy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #66 (permalink)

man oh man do I agree here.

I remember multiple times going through and reviewing what recent sales were on about 30-40 cards I was interested in from a couple different sellers.

Researched it all out and sent in offers on every single card .... every single one declined with no explanation or counter offer.....

I have never done it again. I won't waste my time if I can't even get a dang counter! Or at least say something in the comment section!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzy13 View Post
I tend to disagree. While I find it more annoying when you submit an offer and you get neither an acceptance or decline, I'm an advocate of the auto decline. It saves me and you, the time of playing cat and mouse. I will personally set up an auto decline for a minimum offer of 50% of my BiN price (some are up to 75% of my BiN if it's a hot ticket item like a Myers blue or Springer blue 9.5/10). It saves me the @ss pain of some retard offering me $50 on a $300+ card. Just my $0.02.
I have no problem with auto decline. None at all. I use it myself all the time. But if you are accepting offers and are not using auto decline, you should counter.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #68 (permalink)

If the offer is far to low, I just decline because I dont think I am going to be able to negotiate up to my bottom number.