Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ginter Sales to Date?

Decided to pass on Ginter this year with 8 cases of Bowman Chrome coming next week, but how is everyone doing with their Ginter sales? Seems like autos, gu and inserts are moving well despite the higher print run. I noticed it seems that you need to land a few big hits on your case to make $, but most busts I have seen have delivered.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default 8 Cases + 13 Walmart Boxes...

AFTER ALL PURCHASES, CC FEES, TAX, SHIPPING ETC... I HAVE A LITTLE UNDER $9,000 INVESTED...

AS OF LAST NIGHT I HAVE COLLECTED $14,212, but i have ebay fees and paypal fees on some, plus shipping costs, BUT i have also took in extra $ for shipping

my excel spreadsheet shows i have a current profit of $4,374

granted i hit some HUGE wood cards but no BIG autos (well wang and a-rod, lol)

also had a dealer purchase 2 mini sets for $690, an a&g back mini set for $450, and 13 master sets at $82 each last week, that was nice and saved on all fees, i did spring for the flat rate shipping in a few boxes, so with sig conf was out $35, but this is why i do well, when people say HOW DO YOU MAKE $, this is another way,,,,,i get more $ per item, because of people combining shipping, repeat buyers, reputation, PLUS BIG dealers contact me pre-release to get BIG orders from me, so everything helps...PLUS THE MORE YOU OPEN = MORE BIG HITS & you are able to make sets like minis (made 3, and big lots of rare cards)
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brent,

Congratulations. You make it sound so easy. I'm a collector, but posts like this make me want to try and be a seller.

For now, I'll leave it to you and the rest of the professionals.

Thanks for the post,

Matt
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

it's not easy, tons of work, for example, just finished sorting tonight

have 1000s of emails
people wondering where sets are, people saying it never arrived

and sometimes you lose, like on topps fb we lost $140 on 2 cases...BAD AUTOS, NO INSERTS...
anyways, lots of practice, lots of work, lots of $ invested

what's the saying

you have to spend $ to make $

true here too, 1 case will not do it...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm trying the "go big" theory on Bowman Chrome and ordered 8 cases for the first time. Granted each case of Bowman Chrome is about as much work as a 1/2 case of Ginter, but it will still be a ton to sort when this isn't my real job. The key is having enough economies to sell mutliples sets or lots and getting those cards listed the first few days of release. One case of Bowman Chrome leave you with some nice autos and maybe 2 sets...8 cases allows you to sell the 20 card lots of the prospect which Chromies love. Nothing is a sure thing but more cases means better odds at the big hits like Brent said.

Still love that rush when the UPS guy shows up. It is a lot of sleepless nights once the product arrives, but worth every minute. Just gets a little harder once you have a 2 year old running around trying to help.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Brent is absolutly right on this one. I'm small time, only did one case. I ended up breaking even give or take a couple of bucks either way. Now mind you my case yielded absolutly nothing, lots of junk, but was still able to break even.

But hell, it was fun breaking the product and fed my gambling addiction. So as long as I break even all is good in the world.

I have 2 cases of Bowman Chrome coming. I figure the good juju should be on my side for this one, and I'll pull the Joba Super and make a ton of money on this.

Or not...break even again...and feed the addiction. Rinse, lather, repeat.
rockholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tdkjlk

First case at release time gave me a profit near $500 then I went back for more the weekend about the release and pretty much broke even on 2 cases. We love ripping Allen & Ginter so a $500 profit on 3 cases was well worth it. Really disappointed in Master Set sales this year though.